Search results

1. theodoric

B&W 801 Series 2 with older Pioneer Elite components

Get yourself another M-91 and biamp them vertically. It's how I have my NHT 3.3's set up.
  2. theodoric

B&W 801 Series 2 with older Pioneer Elite components

The M-91 has plenty of current for those B&O's. You've got 2 sets of outputs on the M-91. Let the internal passive speaker crossover do its job. See what happens.
  3. theodoric

Shows you'd like to see again on TV/DVD

The Avengers has been out on DVD for years. I'd like to see The Green Hornet re-released.
  4. theodoric

Wiring a New House

Lots of great suggestions above. Plan for every current standard to be obsolete sometime in the near future; i.e. make everything modular and easily replaceable. I would run a minimum of two 1" diameter conduits to each room, terminating in different places. Wire everything to the absolute...
  5. theodoric

What electric guitar to buy?

I like the current-production Danelectros and the early-80's Kramers for bang-for-the-buck playability. But I'll never ever sell my PRS stop-tail Standard 22. You'll also find that a lot of players migrate toward the Tele the further along they go in their careers. This is also called the...
  6. theodoric

Pioneer M-90 Bigger Is Always Better

You'll be looking for a C-90 pre, F-91 tuner, and a CT-91 cassette deck if you want to complete the system.
  7. theodoric

MCD201 and DualDisc CD/DVD

DualDiscs are not made to the Red Book CD standard. Some players will play them, others won't. In any case, I make it a point not to buy them.
  8. theodoric

Steve Irwin (crock hunter) dead.

Two young kids. How sad.
  9. theodoric

Inside the Minimus 7: repair and restore

When it comes to rust, there are only two words: Naval Jelly.
  10. theodoric

Tweaky mat styles

I have a suede mat on my Win Labs tt, and it's fantastic. I'm going to try it on my SP10.
  11. theodoric

Calling theodoric...

It's been an interesting few days. I'll post pics when I sort all this stuff out. Let's just say that if I had driven a van instead of a car, I'd have even more stuff.
  12. theodoric

Calling theodoric...

Off on a sojourn down to SB, LA, etc. Came back last night with a car full of stuff. I'm home now.
  13. theodoric

Things You Won't Hear a Canuck Say..

"Our Customs people are so kind, trusting, and even-handed."
  14. theodoric

What amp stand are you using with your Mcintosh amp?

The MC2105 is Panloc'd (many thanks to Grainger49 for the Panlocs). The MC75's are on small marble slabs, drilled, helicoiled, and sitting on Sumiko's versions of Tiptoes.
  15. theodoric

Anyone else have trouble with certain brands of music cd-r's

I had to buy a spindle of Memorex in a pinch when I was traveling and neither the PowerBook nor the ThinkPad wanted anything to do with them. I got a spindle of Sonys and the problem was solved.
  16. theodoric

Saying Goodbye to a fellow AKer

Friends and family live forever in our memories.
  17. theodoric

English to Spanish Translation anyone?

Avondale, Subdivisión de Fieldcrest Pare el alquilarse. ¡Comience a poseer! Esta casa tiene 3 dormitorios, 2.5 baños, y un garage para 2 coches ¡Remodelado totalmente en 2006, no se ha ocupado desde entonces! La distancia que recorría al mercado Fry's. La Asociación Casera de los...
  18. theodoric

540wpc!!!

M-91?
  19. theodoric

Who is a GEEK that can explain internet connections?

Really? Have you talked to the people at Hughes? As long as you've got a clear shot at the Southern sky, you should be able to use their dish.
  20. theodoric

AK Mountain Bikers?

I've got an Intense full-suspension. We live where we do because we're at the confluence of all the good roadie spots, and we have a ton of fire roads in the hills directly behind us.
  21. theodoric

Where to buy new or used vinyl online?

www.gemm.com
  22. theodoric

Where to Buy McIntosh in N. CA?

You'll find it hard to go wrong with Audio Classics or DeWick Repairs' (both links at the bottom of this page) stock of Mc gear.
  23. theodoric

Excellent condition, except...

How timely... My eBay watch list just gave me an item with the following description: "Up for sales is a pair of xxx xx speaker. It is in perfect condition except: 1) small chip, left speaker, right top corner, 2) small chip, right speaker, right bottem corner, 3) broken grill rod, right...
  24. theodoric

Camera Bags

I use a diaper bag. Nobody would ever steal a diaper bag. Marion Patterson hipped me to that. Get your whole rig swiped some time, and see if you don't agree with me.
  25. theodoric

"40 things that you won't hear a redneck say"

70. I think we should call the junkyard to haul all these old cars away. People passing by on the highway would certainly prefer the view without them. 71. I think we should paint the house taupe with Navajo white trim. 72. Honey, could you be a bit more discreet about that clothesline?
Back
Top Bottom