Search results

1. jgscott

Sansui 7000 Rebuild?'s

Here is one I have that's rebuilt it sounds sweet. https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/restored-upgrade-done-to-the-sansui-solid-state7000-opinions.877435/
  2. jgscott

M&K Sub to Sansui SS7000 help? Please.

Ok the Speakers are The Smaller Advent Speakers. Yes I appreciate you all jump starting my brain. I am over thinking this. The Advents will be fine as they are without me needing anything else to hook up accept that Y RCA a member posted.
  3. jgscott

Ok I don't want to send bass to my smaller speakers also. So back to the drawing board with the original active crossover. So would this one work? Or any other link suggestion for a home audio one that will handle 125watts? This? -...
  4. jgscott

Ahhh, Ok got it, now I understand. Thank you. So the Sub does have the Crossover capability built in to use this way. So then would I switch that Variable/Bypass switch to what? Variable?
  5. jgscott

Thank you both. So I am confused about 2 things here please? After I posted that I looked for the MX-125 II Sub M&K User Manuals. It says the below: NOTE: You cannot connect the MX-125 Mk II using speaker wires. If you have to connect an MX-125 Mk II to an amplifier or receiver does not have...
  6. jgscott

If I am wrong about the above. Would the difference in these 2 be any noticeable noise or sound quality wise...
  7. jgscott

Hi again. So Can I ask another question about this here please? I got to looking at the back of my Sansui SS 7000 receiver and saw a Pre Out & Main In connector jack. (See better pic below with jumper inserted) On the M&K there is a Variable and Bypass Switch just below the Low Pass filter...
  8. jgscott

7 Tuners worth help please?

Yea I think it was a matter of they had ultimately found a Macintosh and needed to get rid of all the rest. I think they had tried to Sell them but did not have much luck.
  9. jgscott

Thanks for the Welcome, been here a little over a year longer than you have. lol! This was great info you shared and thanks. Just trying to find them a home and at least break back even and free up some space they take up now. I was very tempted to keep one of them but........ I can't, if I...
  10. jgscott

Pics as requested above. Thanks. The person I got these from was likely going to dump them in the trash. Not something I needed but I just could not see them go in the trash or get damaged more. It cost me a little more value to get them even not needing them, so it was kind of a rescue purpose...
  11. jgscott

Hi, I received a few Tuners in a Trade. 7 to be exact. I was wondering if some could help on worth of them please? I have no idea what to value them for. I did search and even at Auction sites I could not find the Fisher Series 40 for sale at all ever? I'm not even sure if a few of them are even...
  12. jgscott

Dragonfly Black version 1.5, Schiit MODI 3, Other?

Thanks. That looks like something I would have to build? I'm just looking for already built plug and play. So is the consensus here that the Modi 3 is the way to go for the money and iPhone as the source?
  13. jgscott

Speaker switcher boxes... which one is best?

Is there any Sound quality difference between in GFS 3 4, or 6? And is the GFS300 the GFS3? Or a different model?
  14. jgscott

Ok what is a good one to get for home Audio like this?
  15. jgscott

Can I use this M&K MX-125 II sub with My Vintage Sansui SS 7000 receiver? How? Could I connect the M&K Sub In Jacks w/ RCA Female Left/Mono & Right jacks to go back to striped Left Pos& Neg, Right Pos&Neg on the SS 7000 using speakers input B? Then select A&B speakers to play my regular L&R...
  16. jgscott

So not getting into MQA, then the Modi 3 seems to be the one to get for streaming and phone and/or Laptop?
  17. jgscott

Hi, at this point Aug 2021. What is the latest greatest consensus on a let say $150 give or take price, DAC for my Vintage Sansui Solid State 7000 using my iPhone XS? A while back I was going to pull the trigger on either the Dragonfly Black 1.5, or Schiit MODI 3. So what should I get? Any...
  18. jgscott

Post in my own ad help?

I recently renewed again (2 days ago), my subscription to AK. I posted a for Sale ad in Barter Town. The ad says: (You have insufficient privileges to reply here.) Why can I not post in my own ad? Like a 2nd post with more info and/or more pics or updates? Thanks.
  19. jgscott

Restored/upgrade done to the Sansui Solid State7000 Opinions?

Should I? Would it change the Sound for the worst?
  20. jgscott

Restored/upgrade done to the Sansui Solid State7000 Opinions?

Been thinking about replacing and Upgrading Big main filter cap. Should I? Would it change the Sound for the worst? And if I did. what would be a good name one to use? Thanks.
  21. jgscott

Show Me Your Sansui!

A New to me just acquired G-7500. Partial Recap. Has some Personality marks for its Age. I've done nothing to it Cosmetically wise yet. Also has Warm White LED's. They look more White in the PIC than they do in person. They look like Brighter Yellow than the Stock bulbs in real life.
  22. jgscott

Selling Upgraded SS7000 Getting a G-7500 Thoughts? Update- Its Back Home!

Yea I would say we have just about the same exact feeling about the G vs 7000. That 7000 can hold its own in its own way, and puts some other receiver to shame.
  23. jgscott

Musicland MU2 Plus ?

I'm almost about to get this Musicland MU2 Plus. Looking for Smart Phone to Vintage Receiver only. No Headphones use. Read some good Test and Reviews on it. Anyone use it or have any input on it? Is it the best for the under $100 range?
Back
Top Bottom