Search results

1. H

Looking to upgrade my Yamaha DXR10 powered speakers?

Hi: I am looking for suggestions regarding upgrading my DJ powered speakers.They are Yamaha DXR10's,which sound good ,but I need to move up the 'sound ladder' to something more refined and I amusing a RCF 902AS for bass duties.Not looking to go cheap,but also not into the Meyer Sound type of...
  2. H

Amazon Unlimited or Qobuz for best sound quality?

Hi: I now have Amazon Unlimited and Qobuz is now available in Canada,so which one would you pick and stay with regarding audio quality between the two services?....I listen to mainly Rock and Progressive Rock,so maybe these music genre choices sound quality wise won't matter which...
  3. H

What external DAC are you using with your Bluesound NODE(N130)?

Hi: Just curious which external DAC you are using with your Bluesound NODE(N130) and which output(Coax ,USB or Toslink)? Thanks,Huck
  4. H

Looking for a quality DAC with fixed volume and a small footprint

Hi: I am looking for a quality DAC with a small footprint that has a fixed volume output,so that I control the volume with my pre-amp.Either RCA outs or XLR outs or both is fine. This 'new' DAC will be used in conjunction with a newer version Bluesound NODE(N130)streamer.Non MQA support is...
  5. H

Wanted: Good listening c.d.copies of Thunder..hard rock band from London

I am looking for any clean listening c.d.'s of the hard rock band from London,formed in 1989. Any c.d.'s or dvd or blu-ray videos would also work,shipped to Canada.Thanks,Huck
  6. H

Best sounding Great White c.d.'s?

So far I have: Hooked,Twice Shy,Best Of,Once Bitten,Elation....which all seem to have good sound and since I am all about audio quality,which other Great White c.d.'s should I be checking out? Thanks,Huck
  7. H

Looking for four cycle weed eater...which one?

Looking for a four cycle weed eater,maybe a Honda? Two strokes are a pain with the gas mixture and very touchy with older gas(had a Stihl 2 stroke blower that was very tempermental with any gas over 30 days old),so no more 2 strokes?! What are you suggesting for a 4 stroke? Really looking at a...
  8. H

Which speaker(s) out of these three would you pick and why?

Which ones would you pick for playing rock c.d.'s in a 10' x 8' room....JBL LSR305's,Mackie MR624's or KRK Rokit 6 G3's,to be played with a sub. Thanks,Huck
  9. H

New usb A>B cable requires 250 hours of burn-in...for real??

Hi: I inquired about one particular 1.2 meter usb A>B cable and was told by this dealer that it requires 250 hours of burn-in to sound it's best....does that sound about right?! Thanks,Huck
  10. H

What song(s) you thought had a completely different title?

Growing up,I had heard this song thousands of times,which,I thought, was called "Teenage Wasteland" by The Who,but in fact it is of course called "Baba O'Riley"....what other song or songs you were sure of had a completely different title than the real one? Huck
  11. H

Best sounding Twisted Sister c.d.?

Hi: I have Twisted Sister 'Stay Hungry"(Atlantic-CD-80156) which has a dynamic range of 13,so which other TS has similar dynamics,or what sounds good to you? Not interested in lyrics or cover art....just quality of sound.Thanks,Huck
  12. H

Do you ever refer to Dynamic Range Database being buying c.d.'s?

Hi: I refer to the DRDB from time to time before purchasing c.d.'s and for the most part this database is pretty close to what my ears tell me when listening to some c.d.'s. Generally if I think the c.d. sounds a little flat,usually this database confirms this. Do you use this? Thanks,Huck
  13. H

Best sounding Max Webster or Kim Mitchell c.d.'s...either one or both?

Hi; I have Universal Juveniles by MW. Itch,Rockland,Aural Fixations,Akimbo Alogo by KM...any others worth grabbing?..sound quality number one! Thanks,Huck
  14. H

Please list your 'green' Dynamic Range Database (Rock)c.d.'s

Hi: Can you list your c.d.'s that are at least a green on the scale(12 or more?) Supertramp- 'Crime of the Century'..MFSL..DR-16 Twisted Sister- 'Stay Hungry'...CD80156 Atlantic..DR-13 Kix- 'Midnite Dynamite'...781267-2 Atlantic..DR-14 Great White- 'Once Bitten'...CDP546910 Capital..DR13 Great...
  15. H

Best sounding Michael Schenker Group c.d.

Like the title says...what is the best sounding Michael Schenker Group c.d......catalogue number also,please.Thanks,Huck
  16. H

Best sounding 'rock' or 'alternative' rock remastered c.d.'s?

Hi: I am looking to buy some Remastered 'rock' or 'alternative rock' (no country,classical or jazz please) c.d.'s and I would be buying these based on audio quality only..nothing else. Please list at least two remastered c.d.'s that you find superior to the 'original', be it first...
  17. H

Which one to change....USB cable or headphone cable?

Hi: I recently bought a Benchmark DAC1 USB and a Shure SRH1840 headphone....now I looking for a change...that being either a 'better' USB cable or a 'better' headphone cable to replace the original cables on both pieces....which would you change first...or,maybe leave both where they are?. Both...
  18. H

Will first pressing of a c.d. sound better?

Generally speaking,will a first pressing of a particular c.d. (not vinyl) sound any better than any other that comes after it....second or third,or whatever pressing? Thanks,Huck
  19. H

Rock song(s) where you can actually hear a cymbal(s)

Motley Crue- 'Looks That Kill' Rhino Bucket- 'Dead and Well' Blue Oyster Cult- 'Burnin for You' (barely) Nazareth-"Hair of the Dog"-(ride cymbal)...cowbell for sure! Michael Schenker Group- "Desert Song" Jackyl- "Push Comes To Shove' Bon Jovi- "Runaway" Rainbow-'Tarot Woman"-(most of...
  20. H

What are your 5 best sounding 'rock' c.d.'s?

Like the title says...what are your 5..make it 10 best sounding 'rock' c.d's?. Original or remastered?...catalogue number? Listened through headphones or speakers? Mine in no particular order: -Sheryl Crow-"The Globe Sessions"-(Rock?) -Dire Straits-"Brothers in Arms -Jennifer Warnes" The...
  21. H

How do I change the earpads on Shure SRH 1840

Hi; Just bought a used SHURE SRH1840 headphone,which I have not received yet,but I would like to know how to change the ear-pads when they come...it comes with a spare set. Thanks,Huck
  22. H

NOS Benchmark DAC1 USB...which headphones?

Hi: I just bought a NOS Benchmark DAC1 USB and now I am on the search for a good sounding headphone,either open or closed,preferably in the 'used' $4-600 CAN range. I have now Equation RP-21's 32ohm,which don't sound bad,but I want to move up a couple of steps...currently looking at Shure SRH...
  23. H

Question on Ayre Codex

Hi: Does anyone know if the RCA outputs on the Ayre Codex are variable outputs being controlled by the volume control,or are they fixed? If they are variable,are the RCA outputs muted when headphones are plugged in?Thanks,Huck
  24. H

Backing up library from file on JRiver23??

Happy New Year! I am having trouble lately with JRiver MC23 with everything just stopping playing,so I got a notice saying I need to do these certain 5 things,but the first is to back up my library from file....??...where do I back it up to...do I need to back it up on a thumb drive or disc?? I...
  25. H

Looking for a usb DAC/headphone amp/ with pre-outs

Hi: I am looking for a usb/DAC/headphone amp/pre-amp with RCA or XLR variable pre-outs,something that I can control the volume (by way of actual rotary volume control) of my powered speakers and headphone volume seperately,or at least when I plug in headphones,the RCA or XLR pre-outs are...
Back
Top Bottom