Search results

1. Moon_Man

Looking to go new(er). Speaker recommendations please.

I've been rotating speakers on my Sony TA-1150 for awhile - DCM CX-17, BA A-60, JBL L-15 - and have gotten the itch to go new(er). Was looking at some LSA-1s available locally but hesitated because I'm hearing that they like more than the 30 or so watts the 1150 puts out. Haven't been keeping...
  2. Moon_Man

Budget Bluetooth Receiver/DAC - XDUOO XQ-50 vs. FOSI BR10C

What are the features you are looking for? A cheap BT receiver with analog outputs will obviously have a DAC chip and get the job done.
  3. Moon_Man

Looking for good, reasonable Bluetooth receiver with digital output.

I have been using these for BT access to my NAS on a couple of my vintage systems, (BTW, Logitech rebrands this model and bumps the price), connecting via the analog outputs, which are all that is available. Sounds fine, I guess, although there are occasional issues. I would rather connect a...
  4. Moon_Man

AR-XA motor vibration question

Yikes.
  5. Moon_Man

AR-XA motor vibration question

I have an AR-XA with a single motor. Date on motor appears to be 8/70. I know the capacitor on the on/off switch causes a jump in the motor when switched on, but I have a constant vibration in the motor whenever the table is plugged in. The switch seems OK, with a firm click when operated...
  6. Moon_Man

DCM Time Frame 250 questions - tweeters and socks

Hello gang. Just acquired some TF-250's for the princely sum of $25. Clearly one tweeter is shot so both must go. I've redone Time Window 1's and CX-17's so I know pretty much what's in there, but I was looking for some info from those who know before I go removing those socks: * Are the...
  7. Moon_Man

Is this a replacement woofer? Dynaco A25?

That's what I thought. Originals were SEAS, no? That chunk of baffle missing also leads me to believe that the originals were removed, possibly by a crowbar, and cheap replacements installed.
  8. Moon_Man

Is this a replacement woofer? Dynaco A25?

Can anyone tell me if this looks like a replacement woofer in this Dynaco A25? I've looked at pics and am not convinced either way. Thanks!
  9. Moon_Man

Micro Acoustic FRM-1 find (garbage pick)

It's bring-your-trash-to-the-curb time at some of the towns in this area. Traveling home from a store today I saw some speakers and couldn't resist looking. MA FRM-1's. Never seen them in person before. In very good shape, grills never been removed before, woofers look good, tweeters are...
  10. Moon_Man

Official Grateful Dead Thread

Seamons Matrix? I don't seem to have that? Can you provide source info? The matrix recording I have shows a Joe Samaritano seeding the sbd and Scott Clugston providing the aud.
  11. Moon_Man

And to those who got the RSD 5/7/77 Boston Garden vinyl set, congrats. It is a great show in a magical string of shows. Of course, like a lot of the D Picks products, I have a problem with the sanitization of the recording. Anyone who has heard it or heard Dave L play it on Sirius lately has...
  12. Moon_Man

4/23/77 at Springfield is a great show. So 77. The opening Sugaree is 12 minutes of pure gold. Charlie Miller did a great job with the sbd of this show.
  13. Moon_Man

Who's using an NAS and has online access? Let's compare experiences.

Of course, I don't know what's on the MacBook hard drive, but couldn't you just move all the other data files to an external disk to free up the MacBook disk space so he can work on his project on the Mac's drive, and access the other files from the external drive as needed? I fully admit I'm...
  14. Moon_Man

If a person is into collecting physical media packages, as a keepsake or whatever, or if they just want to make sure that they don't damage the original media by mistake, then they should rip, catalog, backup, and burn copies to play. CD's are pretty fragile and a simple scratch can toast one...
  15. Moon_Man

That's why the first thing you should do with a cd is rip it to a hard drive. New copies can always be burned.
  16. Moon_Man

DCM Time Window identification

Time Windows are notorious for having parts fall off the crossover board which is mounted on the bottom of the top lid. However, taking the lid off is not as daunting as is rumored. In fact, getting the mid-woofer out can also be done fairly easily. There are several posts here about...
  17. Moon_Man

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

Montrecott - that's a beauty. Congrats. I have a 7035 that I love ($20!) and use in my bedroom system. Nice job on the top, just be aware that Restore-a-finish needs upkeep or a more permanent solution. I love the Sony receiver look from the 60xx and 70XX series.
  18. Moon_Man

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

I did a little research and got an answer as to why Sony did function switches like this. Dates back to the mid-60's. They put the two most used functions - tuner and phono 1 - on a single switch and put lesser used functions on a separate switch to make switching between the most used inputs...
  19. Moon_Man

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

What a wacky function switch setup!
  20. Moon_Man

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

Max - I love that Lennon picture. It's going on my desktop to replace the picture of the Japanese version of the ad for the ST-5150 & TA-5150. I also admire your collection. I've actually been thinking about liquidating my non-Sony equipment and start an STR 60 and 70 collection. My first...
  21. Moon_Man

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

I don't find that feature on my TA-1150. I have no switch on the back save for the one that separates the preamp and the amp, and when I engage the Loudness switch and turn up the volume, the loudness effect is still present, and clearly changes when I turn off the switch. I also don't have...
  22. Moon_Man

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

....and no, I don't use Loudness at that volume level.
  23. Moon_Man

Supercharged - Maverick Audio TubeMagic D2 DAC

I wonder how they would compare to the Burr Browns...
  24. Moon_Man

Supercharged - Maverick Audio TubeMagic D2 DAC

Gib48189 - what were your original OpAmps? Were they the standard or the upgrade Burr Browns?
  25. Moon_Man

Who's using an NAS and has online access? Let's compare experiences.

I too mirror my drives (two 4tb drives spanned for 8tb total capacity) because like E-stat, I have static music and dynamic financial (and other) data on the NAS. My mirror however is a separate USB connected 8tb enclosure. Safety copy is off-site.
Back
Top Bottom