Search results

1. Rasputin47

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Aug 18, 2010
  2. Rasputin47

Replacing bad volume pot - choices?

Thanks for posting that Mike. I have a pot that won't clean up with simple spraying so I may take it apart for a more thorough cleaning.
  3. Rasputin47

Sparkos Labs module measurements

Nice review on the Sparko modules. I have considered buying them on occasion but have never been motivated enough to pull the trigger. As an aside, I bought some new BA312 chips from Littlediode a couple of years ago and they still show stock availability.
  4. Rasputin47

Winter Project - 2226B with issues

That was a while back when I did this restoration so I'm a little foggy on all of the details, but it does work perfectly now. From my notes: - Cleaned & lubed all pots, switches and connectors - Replaced bias transistors - Replaced output transistors - Replaced diodes (as per Tom above) -...
  5. Rasputin47

Marantz 2270 FM problem - please help

The problem was L501 - it couldn't be adjusted. It took me a couple of months but I tracked down another complete P500 board. After changing the old board out the FM works perfectly.
  6. Rasputin47

Another fuse lamp change on 2265B

I use flexible glue in a few spots to hold the lamp boards in place. Those tabs are notorious for getting brittle and breaking off.
  7. Rasputin47

Bought Marantz 2265B.

Congrats on the 2265B! You have done well, these are great sounding receivers. I rebuilt one of these a few years back and it is currently in my office system getting all day use.
  8. Rasputin47

Replacement Relay for Marantz 2250b

The link you posted is the proper relay for 2245s and 2270s. It has .5mm x 2.6mm tabs with holes to solder the additional wires to. MY2-02-DC24 has .5 x1mm pins suitable for soldering directly to PCB boards on later models using the MY2 relays such as the 2250B.
  9. Rasputin47

To clarify my previous comment, 2245/2270s use MY2 DC24 (S) relays but the relays are mounted slightly differently on the boards and this relay won't directly fit the 2250B. According to the spec sheet on PN 653-MY2K-02-DC24 version that you mentioned has 2.6mm wide solder pins w/o holes which...
  10. Rasputin47

Yes, that relay will work fine in these receivers. My preference is the socket mount version MY2-DC24(S). It has 2.7mm wide pins with holes which make soldering the wires to, and installation of them easier. :)
  11. Rasputin47

Edit ^ N8Nagel answered how to determine which relay you have as I was typing ^ :) The correct relay replacement for a 2250B from Mouser is 653-MY2-02-DC24...
  12. Rasputin47

"New Release Marantz & Sansui BA312 IC to Op-Amp Modification"

An interesting idea I suppose, and if it weren't for the individual behind it, I'd probably be curious enough to buy a kit.
  13. Rasputin47

2245 Bias Transistor.

That is correct, Marantz did not put velum behind the meters on earlier production units. That seems to have been a running change though, and AFAIK, they did put velum behind the meters on those models later on. I had a 2245 from 72, and have a 2245 and a 2270 from '73 and none of them and...
  14. Rasputin47

Marantz CD player for vintage 2250B

I don't know how those models compare to each other, but, I have a 6004 that is currently connected to a 2265B, and it is a very nice sounding player. I suspect any of those players, will sound great with the 2250B. If it were me though, I would pay the extra and buy the 6006.
  15. Rasputin47

2245 Bias Transistor.

Very nice work Deerslayer! I replaced those transistors in my 2245 and 2270 in a similar way using 243s. Works perfectly.
  16. Rasputin47

2245 Service Manual?

Thanks for the scans Dave. Although I've been using the 2270 manual for those pages, it is really nice to have a correct 2245 manual.
  17. Rasputin47

2220B that looks like a 2230b?

There were two versions of the 2220B. The early version did not have Dolby FM but had a low filter and switch instead.
  18. Rasputin47

Dial string slipping

I haven't had a string too loose that it needed to be tightened yet, but, there are some great solutions posted here. However, I have had to replace the tuning strings in a couple of receivers so far. In those cases I tied a bowline to create the loop, keeping the knot loose I slid the loop...
  19. Rasputin47

Wrecked and blown up 4400 - Resurrection

Another great restoration thread, I'm enjoying following it and look forward to picking up all of the tips I can!
  20. Rasputin47

Help on AK stands out in every way !!

Yes, I completely agree with you. There are a number of extremely knowledgeable members, those you have listed and many more, on this forum who share there time helping others. I have received help many times and I have learned an incredible amount from these people and I'm very grateful to...
  21. Rasputin47

Another 2245 restoration...but my first on this model

Great job! I enjoy watching rebuild threads, I always get some ideas from them.
  22. Rasputin47

Here is my latest fixer-upper. 2252 needs work....

I wonder how someone managed to bend the faceplate like that ... A crowbar?
  23. Rasputin47

Repairing busted-out jacks on Marantz 22xx receivers

+1 more for option 2. IMO the best option.
  24. Rasputin47

Another 2245 restoration...but my first on this model

I have found a lot of incorrect fuses installed too. The most interesting was my current 2245. A previous owner had no need to use the correct fuse, they simply jumped the fuse holder with 16ga wire... BTW that's a very clean looking receiver, no doubt it will be a keeper when you finish your...
  25. Rasputin47

Marantz 2245 or 2250B

I have a 2245 and a 2250B both of which I have restored and both are excellent receivers. IMHO you can't go wrong with either one of them. Sound wise they are close with the 2250B having slightly more pronounced low and high ends. Performance wise I would have to say they are on par. Feature...
Back
Top Bottom