Search results

1. Jadran

Thorens TD320 Auto Stop Repair

It is possible to fix the issue this way... From the other forum; It's very easy to do it, since the chips have holders soldered on the board so pulling out the old one and placing the new one is a joke. New chip costs ...well. However, that will work if no mechanical or other damage exists at...
  2. Jadran

What in Thorens TD 320 could cause a Transformer To Burn??!

Thank you Manfred for these suggestions! Appreciate it. Yes, everything that could be linked to Thorens has a good chance to be overpriced. So is this ''Netzteil-Buchse'' that is not even original! But I tend to understand the sellers and why everything is pricey on eBay, since the fees both...
  3. Jadran

Yes Manfred, that's it. It's on the sale for over 12€ (postage incl.) on the ebay. I don't see the price here, but doubt it would be much cheaper!? For example; all three OP AMP chips (Texas inst.) didn't cost me that much!
  4. Jadran

Yes I know, you did it, and thank you again for that! However, there was no other way to actually check how that plug-in is heating up a transformer and has an intermittent short when + was + and - was - showing a correct current at the Voltmeter?! So removing it was the only way, and as I said...
  5. Jadran

Yes, thank you Ralf. I'm aware of this, it's no rush and I'll be doing it slowly now, when I know what was the problem. Maybe just another isolated female power plug-in that will fit in existing hole will do the trick. If I don't find one maybe I'll go through the wooden base, glue it there and...
  6. Jadran

OMG!!! Before I explain what happened at the end, I would like to thank to everyone who contributed to the thread, while looking for a solution to this problem! Now, it is actually so stupid, simple, and at the front of my nose from the very beginning, but... I trusted the seller in Germany...
  7. Jadran

Great idea, ralphfcooke. Thanks! I was looking to buy this tool some time ago, it seems that now is that moment.
  8. Jadran

The one that burned out was 230V / 600 mA (before mods) The other one - Thorens TPN 2000 - 240V / 700 mA is heating up easily within 5-10 minutes as well (after these modifications!) and it shouldn't at all! (there is the image of the beast attached, before putting it in the box) As I said, my...
  9. Jadran

230/15V 140 mA EDIT: (NOT 133mA, my bad) It is one of those encapsulated, and fixed in the box of the previous (burned out) transformer, which was open type, btw. Temperature exceeds the body temperature, and goes well beyond 40°C or 104° F, or figuratively - it is too hot to keep the finger...
  10. Jadran

Thanks for your input Graceman! It does not really matter, and yes I did try various scenarios; few different PSUs, including that Thorens monster TPN 2000, nothing helps, all are just heating up very quickly! I bought another Thorens TT, in the meantime, beautiful TD 325, and that one works...
  11. Jadran

UPDATE! Well, I've replaced two electrolytic caps: C105, C109 - 10 uF/ 35 V (those values were on the board), with two new 10 uF / 25 V, although schematic says; C109 is 10 uF /6 V, and C105 is 10 uF /25 V. New; GR101 - the bridge rectifier diode, and C101 - the 1000 µF/25V main filter cap...
  12. Jadran

I understand, thanks! Just wanted to go as close to the originals as possible. Neither the B80C800DM is expensive - 1€, but then all other things together + taxes + shipping. Not bad actually, and I've ordered some double and spare stuff, just in case if I burn accidently something ... ;)
  13. Jadran

OK, thanks a lot dr*audio and Tubologic! Appreciate much all suggestions and hope it will be a success at the end. Upon checking the Service manual again I made the list of all required components. Not cheap at the end, but found them at one place, bg-electronics.de, so have to wait now. That...
  14. Jadran

Thanks, but none of these four has that label. Could you point it out which ones do you mean? All look fine, although I can read values with V-meter on main-blue cap only!?
  15. Jadran

Thank you guys for feedbacks! @tnsilver, I will try to do all what you're suggesting. But also think that the main problem is the motor itself? @maiden, I did clean the old oil from platter bearing, and oiled again with very fine oil for precise bearings and wheels. Platter turns smooth, so I...
  16. Jadran

Bought this TT from Germany off the ebay a month ago, and from the day one had issues. First, it did burn out its original PSU of 16V - 160mA, just after five minutes of working!! Then I tried another PSU I had at hand, AC/AC but with 18V - 200mA - Thorens did kill this one too!?! Power at home...
  17. Jadran

Modding Yaqin MS-12B

Oh, I might forget about that black one. Look at this image here! You're right (I already forget it, it's been nearly five years since my mod, and two of selling the preamp) - that black one goes under that screw on the PCB! That's from my thread here. You can also see that black wire on the...
  18. Jadran

Modding Yaqin MS-12B

Rick, only the yellow/green wire is for grounding! Please check the first post by Spectrum77, and look at the second image! It seems you've mixed up some wires, and now have that ''muffled sound''?
  19. Jadran

Modding Yaqin MS-12B

No, the other end goes to the ground connector - on the chassis (if you kept it there?). Don't understand why you have problems with the phono line? Did you replace capacitors, resistors, phono resistors,...? Check soldering points again.
  20. Jadran

Modding Yaqin MS-12B

As I do recall and according to this image ground wire goes to the PCB
  21. Jadran

Modding Yaqin MS-12B

I can't find the images of the mod anymore, however I can explain, it's easy. I removed (desoldered) the original wires from the PCB board and soldered the new ones long enough for the side RCA sockets, both of the same size. btw. I've sold the preamp long time ago. cheers
  22. Jadran

Oh boy, do I want one of these!

Sure, as mentioned - before seeing it, hearing it,... but knowing how it is, just by watching images and videos. I bet The team of eight who's behind this project, including engineers, technicians, designers are all blind and deaf?!
  23. Jadran

My comment wasn't replay to yours! So please, be cool.
  24. Jadran

There is one comment (from a supporter) on their Facebook page that says much; ''Haters gonna hate'' (even before they see it, hear it, have it) But that's with everything new today, or not?! :idea:
  25. Jadran

Back
Top Bottom