Search results

1. VQLT

Boston HD5 free

Friend has a pair he is giving away. May need new surround. He has not yet posted on Craigslist. Orange County area
  2. VQLT

LA to San Jose/San Francisco?

i make the trip a few times each year. heading up that way next week message me
  3. VQLT

stage setup

my son will be performing in his schools talent show. He will be playing guitar, a classmate will play keyboards, and another will sing. all stage setup and practice is through parent volunteers. I need advise on how to properly setup their instruments and positions on stage. I have know...
  4. VQLT

sony str-av970 bad left channel?

fred, I think your diagnosis is right on the money. I pushed on the black box with an eraser and the left channel immediately came to life. has worked fine for at least 3 hours. I must have jiggled a connection back into place. now I just need a permanent fix. are you saying the black plastic...
  5. VQLT

looks like you are right. in fact, on the right side of the rectangular black box there is a white plug with 4 wires (red, white, blue yellow). jiggling that plug will cause the sound to cut in and out. is this plug related to the black box next to it or are these two separate issues. can the...
  6. VQLT

I narrowed it down to one connector (see pics) if I jiggle the connector/ wire, the left channel will cut in and out. I guess I need to re-solder the connection by removing the bottom plate of the receiver and applying solder to where the connector attaches to the circuit board? this is new...
  7. VQLT

thanks for the tip. now if i can only find a schematic.
  8. VQLT

neighbor was throwing away his receiver because the left channel will cutout intermittently. I said I would take a look and see if I can figure out the problem. Since i'm not a repair person, really not sure where to begin. All I know is both channels will work fine and then all of a sudden the...
  9. VQLT

HT receivers with excellent stereo sound?

anyone for the kenwood vr-4090? great HT receiver with phono stage and dvd-a / sacd capability
  10. VQLT

confused by HDMI

Chadnliz, thanks for your input. you helped clear up my confusion. all these new formats make me appreciate the simplicity of my 2 channel analog system I use for vinyl.
  11. VQLT

confused by HDMI

Unfortunately my HT receiver does not have an HDMI input and I do not have a blu-ray player. The good thing is my HT receiver does have 6 channel analog inputs for dvd-a & sacd. If I get a blu-ray player, can I connect the 6 channel inputs and let the blu-ray player decode HD surround? Also, is...
  12. VQLT

confused by HDMI

If i'm connecting my DVD player to my TV to transmit video and the dvd player to my surround processor to transmit audio, why would I need an HDMI cable to the TV? wouldn't it be better to use a DVI cable or similar to transmit the video as the sound will not be going through the TV. and then...
  13. VQLT

DTV converter boxes

went with the zenith. seems to be top rated unit.
  14. VQLT

Energy C-100

woot is a cool website. I check it out daily
  15. VQLT

Memorex m-1100 speakers

Local CL ad for memorex M-1100 speakers. can't find any info. has anyone heard of these speakers? http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ele/875283894.html
  16. VQLT

Windham Hill fans?

I have about 15 albums. listened to them almost everyday but now I'm a little burned out on the new age / acoustic music. They are definitely nice pressings!
  17. VQLT

taming the at440ml

sounds like I should keep the AT440ML cartridge body and just change out the stylus. I'm sure the newer AT440MLA stylus should fit on the older model 440ML. Of course the price of a whole new cartridge is only $10 more than the stylus alone. any suggestions on other replacement stylus that will...
  18. VQLT

taming the at440ml

since my cartridge has a few years of use, I'm getting to the point where I need to either replace the cartridge or at least the stylus. If I can tame the highs, I believe I will just replace the stylus as it's a great cartridge. (now that I thinkg about it, maybe the highs are a little harsh...
  19. VQLT

taming the at440ml

changing a setting on the phono amp is much easier than the other solutions. In fact, it took me all of 1 second. I will check the results soon.
  20. VQLT

taming the at440ml

I'm not quite sure I understand the input impedance. my phono stage does have MM load switch allowing adjustment from 100 - 400 (PF). it is currently set at 100PF. should I change the setting?
  21. VQLT

taming the at440ml

for the last few years I have been using the at440ml on my kenwood turntable and I agree, it can sound a tad bright. any suggestions on how to tame the highs? I currently have VTA set so the tonearm is level and tracking force is at mid range (approx 1.3)
  22. VQLT

rookie question

no reason at all unless you want the signal switching capability of the receiver. Since I only have a DVD player (no cable box, VCR, etc) I'm running the DVD directly to the TV input. fewer connections, shorter path, fewer wires, seems like the best way to go.
  23. VQLT

I've joined the digital world, Kenwood Sovereign VR-5090

I have the vr-4090. If I'm correct, it was the model year before your series. built like a tank with HDCD decoding and 6 channel audio to boot! (too bad HDCD disc never caught on) I have never once considered selling even though it's only 5 channels :). With the exception of a faulty volume...
  24. VQLT

Best places to shop audio on the net

which AK sponsors are a reliable source for cartridges? I would like to keep the purchase in the family
  25. VQLT

rotary encoder not volume pot

Fred, thanks for your input. the HT receiver is a Kenwood model VR-4090. here is a link: http://www.hometheatersound.com/equipment/kenwood_vr4090.htm
Back
Top Bottom