Search results

1. VQLT

Boston HD5 free

Friend has a pair he is giving away. May need new surround. He has not yet posted on Craigslist. Orange County area
  2. VQLT

stage setup

my son will be performing in his schools talent show. He will be playing guitar, a classmate will play keyboards, and another will sing. all stage setup and practice is through parent volunteers. I need advise on how to properly setup their instruments and positions on stage. I have know...
  3. VQLT

sony str-av970 bad left channel?

neighbor was throwing away his receiver because the left channel will cutout intermittently. I said I would take a look and see if I can figure out the problem. Since i'm not a repair person, really not sure where to begin. All I know is both channels will work fine and then all of a sudden the...
  4. VQLT

confused by HDMI

If i'm connecting my DVD player to my TV to transmit video and the dvd player to my surround processor to transmit audio, why would I need an HDMI cable to the TV? wouldn't it be better to use a DVI cable or similar to transmit the video as the sound will not be going through the TV. and then...
  5. VQLT

Memorex m-1100 speakers

Local CL ad for memorex M-1100 speakers. can't find any info. has anyone heard of these speakers? http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ele/875283894.html
  6. VQLT

taming the at440ml

for the last few years I have been using the at440ml on my kenwood turntable and I agree, it can sound a tad bright. any suggestions on how to tame the highs? I currently have VTA set so the tonearm is level and tracking force is at mid range (approx 1.3)
  7. VQLT

rotary encoder not volume pot

it appears my HT receiver uses a rotary encoder instead of a volume pot. Is there anyway to clean a rotary encoder? what is a rotary encoder? I can control the volume with the remote however if I use the volume knob on the receiver it's all haywire
  8. VQLT

kenwood vr-4080 bad volume control?

I have owned this receiver for 7 years. recently, the volume control on the receiver stopped working properly. I can still control the volume with the remote however if I use the control on the receiver it works intermittently. any suggestions on what the problem could be?
  9. VQLT

help me select a tube amp

I am out of my league here so I turn to the good people of audiokarma. my son would like a tube amp for his fender strat. he is 11 years old and has been playing for about a year. I would love to surprise him for his birthday but have no idea what to look for regarding make, model, features...
  10. VQLT

two subwoofers

just wondering how to run two subwoofers from my HT receiver. since there is only one LFE pre-out, do I just split the signal for each sub? if so, it would not be stereo, it would just be mono output from two different areas of the room, correct? any advantage to this even if it is not true stereo?
  11. VQLT

minimus 7 speaker stands

looking for speaker stand recommendations for realistic minimus 7 to be used for rear surrounds in home theater setup
  12. VQLT

organizing your vinyl

just wondering how most organize their records? ABC order, genre, decade? I've tried almost everything and still seem to misplace a record now and then (actually quite often)
  13. VQLT

Lp/ Record rack O.C craigslist

we need someplace to keep our music http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/fur/528818822.html
  14. VQLT

epicure model 4 re-foam complete

well completed my first re-foam, here my observations: the preferred glue was hard to work with. could not get it to spread evenly took to long to setup, etc. Gave up and was going to use elmers glue when I discovered my wife has a drawer full of aleens tacky glue (she is a 2nd grade...
  15. VQLT

calculating capacitive loading

my phone preamp has MM load settings of 100-400 PF ( i have only a vague idea of what this means) my cartridge (AT440ML) has the following specs: coil impendance 3.2 coil inductance 490 load impedance 47 based on the above info, does anyone know what load setting I would use on the preamp...
  16. VQLT

free in o.c.

they appear to be PA speakers but what the heck, they are free http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/zip/524568210.html
  17. VQLT

sonic impact T-amp t24

Tuesday morning stores has the sonic impact t-amp t24 (think t-amp with ipod docking station and speakers) for $79 (regular price $199)
  18. VQLT

gluing surround to back of cone

I have searched almost every thread on how to replace surrounds. most if not all are for surrounds that are glued to the front of the cone. my surrounds are glued to the back of the cone. any tips on how to successfully glue the surrounds to the back of the cone? how do i hold the surround and...
  19. VQLT

speaker stands. AK vendors

looking for a good deal on speaker stands and would also like to support AK vendors. do any of the vendors carry stands? possibly parts express? thanks
  20. VQLT

epicure model 4 worth the trouble?

local thrift shop has a pair. the surrounds are shot. kits cost about $20 or O.C speaker will repair for $35 per woofer (by the way, is that a reasonable rate for refoaming?) The speakers look nice (real veneer) but the cabinets seem pretty light weight. I was going to pass but after googling...
  21. VQLT

RSL speed screen

does anyone know the original msrp and current used value? in fact, does anyone know about the performance of this speaker? thanks
  22. VQLT

cats got to go

my cat just "sprayed" my yamaha m80 amp. I'm now trying to clean sticky cat urine off of the face plate,cover & several switches. hope none leaked inside. short of getting rid of the cat how can I prevent this? and yes, the cat has been spayed. according to the vet, it is very unusual for a...
  23. VQLT

advent 25th anniversary model

thumbs up or down compared to the original model or the new advent loudspeaker version. all opinions welcome
  24. VQLT

which is the better value?

i have a chance to buy either the new advent loudspeaker or the JBL 4311 (not sure if a or b version) either pair for $100. which is the better value for the price? and yes, i thought about getting both but I only have room for one
  25. VQLT

ess 5/c heil air motion?

i'm interested but can't find any info. google search came up empty I'm sure one of my fellow AK'rs will have the answer http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ele/496679716.html
Back
Top Bottom