Search results

1. White_wolf

What's Pioneer in your rig?

No I put the feet and side panels from a SP-91D on it myself. Here are a few better pictures of it when I did it.
  2. White_wolf

It is amazing how fast it can get out of control, those are some nice pieces though. My setup is mostly pioneer Elite stuff right now as well M-90 Power Amp VSX-95 Pro-Logic Receiver DV-38A DVD Player CLD-91 LD PLayer PD-M92 and PD-M95 6-disc CD Players Also a GR-777 EQ with wood sides to...
  3. White_wolf

The Pioneer "ELITE" Gear Thread!

I hate to disagree, but with digital source's like CD,s the transport is largely unimportant as long as it can read the difference between 0s and 1s, this is different than analog where the transport is super important. the DAC is the most important part form good audio from CD, and the reason...
  4. White_wolf

I had a beautiful condition PD-M95 come in to my possession, I bought it not working but a quick swap of the laser assembly from a PD-M530 I had sitting in the shed had it up and playing. Now I am having a hard time deciding whether I want to swap out my PD-M92 in my main rig for it or not. It...
  5. White_wolf

Pioneer Timers

Did you check R1, R2, R8, and C6. Might have fried one of these, they are all in the circuit that gives the reference signal to the control chip. Also if you really like the look of the dt-500 you can transfer the guts of the dt-5 into the dt-500, they are basically the same. the front display...
  6. White_wolf

Pioneer Timers

wrong thing
  7. White_wolf

Pioneer Timers

Has it been running fast or slow?
  8. White_wolf

Elite Question

The Elite 72 &73 came after the 91 series, they were branded reference everywhere except the US, and as far as I know the 73's were only sold outside the US. There was a c-73 and m-73 that came out in only in Japan in the 70s but these were similar to the Spec line.
  9. White_wolf

It sounds like most other 80's early 90's pioneer amps, very accurate and clean sounding. It doesn't color the sound like most of the 70's era stuff does. If you have ever listened to any of Pioneer's Non-Switching amplifiers I find they all have the same sound quality. I have the A-80, SA-1050...
  10. White_wolf

Also I have 4 Pioneer timers DT-510 DT-550 x2 DT-555
  11. White_wolf

Finally completed my early 80's silver stack. Just had this arrive today, Fresh rebuild before I bought it. Now I need to find a stereo cabinet to put it all in.
  12. White_wolf

Fixing a CT-90R after shipping damage.

I bought this deck recently and it showed up broken, after some glue and a bit of soldering I did manage to put it back together. Transport broke lose during shipping because the rear two screws in to the bottom plate were missing. Ended up bending the right side mounting bracket and breaking...
  13. White_wolf

Added an SG-90 to my collection awhile back and just added a CT-90R to it.Unfortunately I had to reassemble the later because it had a mishap in shipping.
  14. White_wolf

Pioneer VSXD1S correct remote?

The CU-VSX023 was the original remote to the VSX-9900S that came out with the VSX-D1S. The owner's manual for the D1S doesn't list the model number of the remote but from the picture of it I would say It is the CU-VSX053 like has been said earlier.
  15. White_wolf

Pioneer PL-707 vs Pioneer PL-630

Looking at the specs and never having owned a pl-630 I would guess that the difference would be negligible, The main advantage of the 630 is the weight and it can take a heavier cartridge. That being said I am perfectly happy with my PL-707.
  16. White_wolf

It looks to be the same remote just different coloring scream. Any SR badged remote will work I use a CU-PD052 with mine for the functions the receiver remote doesn't cover, namely the random play and level +- controls
  17. White_wolf

Have to agree on the PD-M92 being nice. I have a reference branded one myself. I'm sorry I don't have the original remote either. Best I can tell It used the CU-PD027 originaly
  18. White_wolf

6-Disc Pioneer Magazines

I have 9 six disc magazines and 2 single disc ones, I like to collect one of every brand name that used the same magazine, I am the same as Blue Shadow I just load what I want to hear and they don't stay in them for a prolonged time. By the way what other brands used this magazine, I already...
  19. White_wolf

I wish pioneer would have made the GR-777 with the side panels from the factory. I had to rob them off a SP-91D to put them on mine. Did you use anything to make the face plate glossy or not?
  20. White_wolf

Pioneer Dates of Manufacture

October of 1984
  21. White_wolf

SA-1040 Early Birthday Present

While not a rare sought after Gem, that is a diamond in the rough that is always overlooked. The SA-1040, SA-1050 and A-60 have almost identical components and all sound wonderful. I have found that my own SA-1050 has a very uncolored natural sound about it. Congrats on finding one that the...
  22. White_wolf

Need Help Pioneer P-d70 CD Player

I had this same problem with my P-D70 after it had been stored for a few years, cleaned and lubed the rails fixed mine as well.
  23. White_wolf

VSX-5700S

Glad I could help.
  24. White_wolf

VSX-5700S

Are the front jumpers plugged in? All 5 of these jumpers should be there if not plug a RCA cord from front pre-amp out to front power amp in.
  25. White_wolf

anyone running a c-90/M90 Pioneer Ref?

I am late to replying to you, I have a M-90 that I use, using a VSX-95 as a preamp for it as I don't have it's matching brother C-90 yet. The M-90 does sound excellent in my opinion, very clear uncolored sound. If you did go pick them up what are your opinions on them since you got them?
Back
Top Bottom