Search results

1. D

Luxman L-100 help needed

I did end up resolving it but it may not help you. The Luxman I was working on was a curbside find that someone else had tried to fix and had obviously given up on. What I hadn't realised was that one of the B2 power supply leads had been soldered onto a wrong post on one of the boards, which...
  2. D

Trio KA-3700 DC Offset - Thoughts / Advice Needed.

With these little Kenwood amps, anywhere between 25 -- 100 mv is deemed to be normal. Your numbers are good -- no need to lose any more sleep!
  3. D

Marantz 2325 switch question

Thanks for the confirmation. Most appreciated.
  4. D

Marantz 2325 switch question

Hi all I'm currently restoring a Marantz 2325 and, as can be seen in the image, it has several broken switches. What I need to know is what sort of switch the Multipath is. In this unit it doesn't seem to latch, so is it broken or is it a momentary switch? Thanks.
  5. D

Sansui AU-8500

This Sansui turned up a couple of days ago not working -- it apparently has sat unused in a garage for many years -- so I ripped into it. Here's the work done: Replaced all 2SA726 and 2SC1313 transistors (and a few others), Replaced power amp board trim pots, Recapped power supply and power amp...
  6. D

Kenwood Parts

Can we ask what is actually wrong with the switch? This Kenwood series is notorious for problems with dirty pots/switches. Deep cleaning is often necessary.
  7. D

Sansui wire termination question

Thanks for the info guys. I've already bought the housings from Mouser and I thought they might take a standard Molex part but they don't. Now that I know the part number, that makes life easier. Looks like Digikey do have them in stock for single purchase...
  8. D

Sansui wire termination question

Does anyone know what the correct wire termination insert is for these plastic posts that Sansui uses? I've got the posts but can't find the right female part for the male PCB posts. Thanks.
  9. D

Blown fuse on KA-6100 upon power up.

Suspect power supply issue. Check all diodes on the F1 side.
  10. D

Sansui 9090db FM Tuner issue

Fixed. Turned out to be a failed fet in the front end pack.
  11. D

Cheers Tom. I have a set of plastic trimming tools but no plastic hex keys otherwise I'd give it a go.
  12. D

Thanks Tom. That's what I was afraid of. Looks like I'll have to hand this one off to the tuner guy.
  13. D

Hi all. I have an issue with the FM Stereo on this receiver. When the FM muting switch is pushed in, it delivers nice clean audio. When the muting switch is out, there is no sound at all, no movement of the signal meter and no FM stereo lamp. The tuner and meter work in AM and I have tested the...
  14. D

Luxman L-100 help needed

OK, this Luxman was a kerbside find that someone had given up on. It wasn't going but after working through a number of issues -- rebuilding power supply and power amp boards -- it is coming out of protection. It sounds fine when playing a source directly into the power amp boards (Main In) and...
  15. D

KR-7050 humming

More information needed. Does the receiver hum after a couple of hours if the speakers are disconnected? Or can you hear a hum through the speakers that is not affected by volume?
  16. D

Sansui AU-717 flashing indicator lamp issue

Well, that fixed it -- thanks John. Changed out C601 from 47µF to 100µF, and lamp now turns solid about 2 seconds after relay click. Not sure why that would be the case, but before changing that cap, the lamp would stop flashing after approximately 8 minutes from cold start. Good to get that...
  17. D

Yes, tried replacing d608 with HER207G -- no change. Just put the original back in -- still the same problem. Voltage on TR603 collector is bouncing around 0.5-0.6 v. Voltage on emitter is -1.3mv. On base is 0.72v EDIT: for some reason the lamp has now stopped flashing. Turning it on and off...
  18. D

OK, still here. Just to answer the questions above: 1) Yes, replacement transistors are center collector (same as the originals). 2) There is a steady 0.72v on the base of TR603 (both before and after changing out this transistor). 3) Flashing lamp duty cycle is 50/50. 4) Shorting cathode of...
  19. D

Fairchild KSC945 from RS Components!
  20. D

Sorry, relay is engaging. I didn't notice it because it's doing it instantly on turn on when TR603 collector is shorted to ground.
  21. D

I have ground on pins 13/34 (2.5mv). Shorted the cathode of D607 (collector of TR603) to ground -- when I do this, the light stays on solid and relay won't engage. Voltage on cathode (when light is flashing and relay engaged) is bouncing rapidly in small range -- 850-950 mv. Should I replace TR603?
  22. D

OK, checked continuity right across that board. Because continuity for most components could be checked on the top of the PCB, this eliminates solder issues on the legs. Rechecked all wiring on this board and found no issues. No grounding issues. There's fresh Panasonic FM caps at C607 & C606...
  23. D

R614 is in spec (119.7 ohms). I can't get a stable voltage reading on either side of D607 -- it's bouncing around. Will check around that diode in the morning.
  24. D

With those two removed, unit comes out of protection. Lamp keeps flashing.
  25. D

In the circuit description attached, does B4 seem to be describing a condition where the light keeps flickering even though all circuits are working correctly?
Back
Top Bottom