Search results

1. F

Hooking up Computer to Reciever

iTunes\Compaq Presario\minijack to rca jack adapter\aux in Sansui AU-717\Time Window 1's No hum. No static. Sounds wonderful!! Alternatively: iTunes\Compaq Pressario\airport express\Onkyo sv70Pro set to 2 channel\klipsch Heresys Again, sounds great. Might be my bias but I think...
  2. F

DCM Time Windows

Been running my TW's since early January with a Sansui au-717 and they sound awesome! The staging is what amazes me. My point of reference was my Klipsch Heresy's which are highly directional. The TW's just fill the wall. You have to put a little juice to them but you will know when you...
  3. F

rack handle color

All done and looks great. Satin Black Rust-oleum is a match on the handles. Thanks guys.
  4. F

rack handle color

Gonna have to wait. I have discovered ELO thru my "new to me" Time Windows! Wow! I have outdone myself! This is the best combination of equipment I have ever owned.
  5. F

rack handle color

Need to paint rack handles for an Au-717 and matching TU-717. Is the Hammered Bronze the best color match? Also saw something that said Satin Black also by Rust-oleum. My intuition says use the Satin Black on the handles and the Hammered for the case if needed.
  6. F

I'm going to pound your face in

The Sansui is an absolute killer piece of equipment and will certainly crush your face, LOL! I recently picked one up and an associated TU717. Actually, I replaced a unit I purchased around 1980 and was stolen. The quality and performance is top shelf. I have paired it with Time...
  7. F

Time Window question

I bought a bag of red and black single banana plugs and some 14 gauge speaker wire. Soldered them up and work great. I think the speaker wire was mis-marked. 50 feet at $8.99 at Fry's seemed like a great deal. The plugs were a little pricey at $11.99 for 12 (6 black and 6 red). The more I...
  8. F

Time Window question

Wow! Gotta put the power to them but these are great sounding speakers. I have heard "stageing" mentioned by others and now I know what it means sonically. My point of reference is my Klipsch Heresys. These are a more "complete" speaker in the sense that lows, mids and highs are all there...
  9. F

Time Window question

Like I said. Stupid question. :o Frankly, it never occured to me that speakers this old would use banana plugs and I don't own anything new(er) Thank you Urizen.
  10. F

Time Window question

Just got some Time Windows 1's by FedEx and need to hook them up to see if they work. Trying to hook them up to my AU-717 and have what is probably a REAL stupid question. There are no screws or push pins for the speaker wires. Just a requisite red and black "hole" that is perfect to stick a...
Back
Top Bottom