Search results

1. wjd_third

Hot Audio DAC WoW

Most of my music these days are lossless files on a networked PC at home. My 2 channel rig consists of an Arcam CD192 player > Yamaha AX - 592 Integrated Amp > Signal Cables > B&W 804 Matrix speakers. I was looking for an alternative to burning files to disc and a way to enjoy a long...
  2. wjd_third

Audio engine rocks!!!!!!!

I have on order a Hot Audio USB DAC Wow http://www.hotaudio.com/store/dac-wow-usb.php Thats great info on AudioEngine seems like a great solution for multi room systems thanks again !
  3. wjd_third

Audio wtf

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/auc.pl?accsrack&1288669870&1288102352 What the hell is this supposed to be? 4000 retail
  4. wjd_third

Your main program source?

No turntable and lots of cds. mucho gigs of backed up lossless music. Just bought DAC WOW from hot audio waiting for it to show so I can plug the laptop into my rig. I would love a turntable but it seems like with a nice cartridge etc etc there goes $500 then i would have to buy albums..
  5. wjd_third

Nifty device for isolation between your DAC and PC

Nice i Just ordered a hot audio Wow DAC 15 minutes a go..coincidently here is a post. Looking forward to trying it thanks for this tip if run to some noise.
  6. wjd_third

yam. question tone control

Yup DeOxit to the rescue..problem solved ! Thanks again Vint.
  7. wjd_third

thing is dead quiet and powerful on bypass :)
  8. wjd_third

Thanks vint. yea thats my guess..
  9. wjd_third

The "near mint" AX 592 i just grabbed.. LOL redefined near i guess.
  10. wjd_third

Hi all when tone control bypass is off left channel has a bit of static then drops out and and comes back in intermittent. If I touch the balance knob only i can replicate the problem when bypass is off. There is no problem with channel when tone controls are bypassed. Checked all connections on...
  11. wjd_third

Yamaha AX-592 Near Mint

Thanks for your help\advice with this Av !
  12. wjd_third

Rwartner can you notice a loss in sound quality in audioengine to LR over the wireless? what are you using for a USB DAC? Thanks !
  13. wjd_third

Yamaha AX-592 Near Mint

Yamaha problem solver Answered my own question..This is a powerful clean sounding piece that powers my BW 804s with ease. Big improvement over my high priced Brit. 90 watt seperate. Seems conservatively rated at 100 watts rms.
  14. wjd_third

This sounds like the way to go.. I was about to buy a USB DAC and plug my laptop into it then DAC into RCA's on preamp. The audio engine solution makes more sense to get the same result.. if I am reading it right or is this different than what I described?
  15. wjd_third

That explains it.. all i saw was post prod house info and had never heard of audioengine speakers. Would love to hear those a2 desktop speakers :)
  16. wjd_third

Rate these 3 CD players...

I had a Rotel 1070 in my rotation with an Arcam cd192. I sold the Rotel but wish I kept it. It struck me as laid back compared to the Arcam which is in your face style. I liked the Rotel very much and will probably buy another one. On brighter recordings the Rotel was more appealing.
  17. wjd_third

Hi Cylo, What exactly do they offer? I can not figure it out from their website.
  18. wjd_third

What CD are you listening to? What CD Player?

Arcam cd192 Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
  19. wjd_third

How many speakers do you have and what are they?

B&W 804Matrix A/D/S L570/2 Polk A10
  20. wjd_third

female audiophile roll-call!

I second that :)
  21. wjd_third

Yamaha AX-592 Near Mint

Just scored one of these for $80..any experiences? can not wait to hook this up.:smoke:
  22. wjd_third

The "No Way This System Should Sound This Good!" Thread

This is a great thread that many can appreciate. Why? Cause most of us have bought or auditioned big buck systems that just made us shake our heads w t f.:thumbsdn: I heard a ridiculous system this summer where the cabling alone was 20k. Cant mention any names but this thing flat out...
  23. wjd_third

ADS L570 vs L570 II

I have 2 s A/D/S love these back in the day... I have a pair of 2 's. Bought em new sometime late 80's i think. The surrounds came unglued at last about 3 years ago. I am in process of diy fix. Anyway I loved these things great mids and highs refined sound lows were ok. They sound nice with...
  24. wjd_third

Toob noob match to speaker q

Hi all, I would like to make the jump to tubes looking for an integrated or separate set up to pair with my primary speakers B&W 804matrix. Listen to jazz mostly. I would like to keep this power rig under 1k second hand. Thoughts advice? Thanks!
  25. wjd_third

Power for B&W 804 matrix

If I were to try something differenent go down the Class A route what kind of power would I need for these guys to sing?
Back
Top Bottom