Search results

1. U

What Is The Most Important Factor In Good Stereo Imaging?

Here's a few real life experiences instead: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=615468 [Mod Edit: And, with yet another thread crap (pushing his own views from a thread he started to contradict the direction of this one), even after being warned by having his previous posts...
  2. U

Share your experience: Soundstage

Thanks a lot. I appreciate. Although, my examples originates from helping some friends out in the 80s and 90s. :thmbsp:
  3. U

Share your experience: Soundstage

This thread is inviting you to share your experience with amplifiers, integrated, preamps and power amps as well as phono stages, and their differences in what you will hear as "Soundstage", "3-dimensions", "Stereo perspective", "Imaging". When you find it easy to pinpoint where each...
  4. U

Huge improvement in soundstage...

Writing in sarcastic, cynic and ironic styles doesn't work in writing. These dark humor communication methods need the mimicry or the rhetoric 8or both) as support to be safely expected understood. And even face to face, you need to evaluate cultural differences and age differences (both...
  5. U

As you obviously didn't audition and compare these amps yet, stop talking BS in this thread and do what's needed instead to get wiser on the subject. These are very concrete examples of amps with a huge difference in soundstage/3-D/imaging/perspective capabilities. Indeed you can't just...
  6. U

And of course it wasn't only on soundstage but a lot of other qualities showing big time improvement. But soundstage/imaging/dimensions is what makes the illusion of having the musicians performing for YOU in your listening room.
  7. U

... going from Tandberg TR2075 to Sugden A28 on Snell A speakers. And going from Kenwood L-1000 C & M to Exposure 2010 on Sophia speakers.
  8. U

Vinyl problem I just can't figure out....

It's all about the quality of the gear you match. You must be unaware.
  9. U

Does anyone still make good blank cassettes?

We have a few shops around here in northern Europe still selling Type I, Type II and (fewer shops) type IV. Type III has been gone for ages. I am aware that type I & II is still manufactured, although not plentyfull. Storage is essential but I think that far more open reel tapes have...
  10. U

The Current Turntable Market Sucks- Am I Wrong?

Ohhhh I'm so sorry if I offended some people having a TT at the price tag of my shoelaces.
  11. U

Now that you happen to call me ignorant, I can inform you that I have auditioned both the TTs you mention here at several occations and I do not count them in the club of high end. At all. But for you, maybe time will tell.
  12. U

Any three points not on a line define a plane. Any four points not in the same plane define space. If 4 points would have been better for the SQ of a TT, a plane bottom surface would have been even better. But it's not.
  13. U

Count those + $100,000.- DD TTs and count them + $100,000.- BD TTs. Then do some auditioning. And please bare in mind I was talking High End when you try to name drop.
  14. U

1. Nothing related to the drive system of a TT is beyond the technical capability of the smallest private owned company. 2. No High End TT ever came from Japan. There were statement TTs that never got into production and there were statement TTs that had the bling but in fact didn't really...
  15. U

But nobody would make a TT with DD for quality of sound anymore. Didn't they realize that already in 1975?
  16. U

Where are you heading with this??? Best soundquality from TTs today as well as yesteryears will be and have always been from belt drives. Why involve talk about budget belt drive TTs into this? They make even better belt drive mechanisms today than ever and the materials in use for...
  17. U

Is anything hifi related cheaper in Europe?

Judging from all the people on US audio sites thinking that a $20 cartridge is high-end, People in Europe must be more wealthy.
  18. U

What Is The Most Important Factor In Good Stereo Imaging?

It's a balance of all the important factors doing the trick. As such, I think it's easier to mention what can cause to degrade the soundstage, imaging, perspective, dimensions in the reproduced music. The room. If the room has window areas; if there's any accoustic musical instruments...
  19. U

Is anything hifi related cheaper in Europe?

I don't think gear is cheaper but I do think Europeans have more money to get more modern and better gear.
  20. U

does a quad capable three speed reel deck that has 10.5 reel capacity....

Lots of pro decks came with seperate meter bridges. Alternative was using a console.
  21. U

Why do ultra high end Turntables not include dustcovers?

My present reference TT has no dust cover. But I have other TTs with which I have tested this using LPs made from same tapes as the ones I got from the Tape Project. It all depends on many factors. But if your TT is in same room as your speakers and you manage doing the placement the best...
  22. U

I have bought a lot of used LPs through the last 40 years and I can usually tell from looking at the vinyl thouroughly if it will be worn. I have no issues with pops & clicks on the used LPs I purchase except on rare occasions. I will repeat: Reason for pops & clicks: The use of...
  23. U

IF, and you would probably have to spend weeks if not months to find any, it would solely be related to the LP And as such any cartridge/stylus would reveal the same. But the point to make is that many LPs being silent on my TT would reveal pops and clicks on OPs TT or any TT with cheap...
  24. U

If I ever downgrade to that $8,000.- TT, you will need at least $8,000.- to get on level. If you ever were able to make a $300 TT sound as good as a $8,000.- TT, it only tells that the guy with the $8,000.- TT had no clue, whatsoever, about what he put together.
Back
Top Bottom