Search results

1. Henry Kloss

Who was the best screamer in rock

I can't decide between Plant or Gillan. Mind you, I like a little musical tone in my screaming. So I'm biased that way. Ian Astbury is also up there. Your thoughts please.
  2. Henry Kloss

Central air, and certain people.

What is it with certain people who feel that if you turn the dial down to 65 degrees, the air conditioner will somehow work harder to cool your home faster. I have run into this so many times I'm losing faith in humanity. Rant over, I feel much better.
  3. Henry Kloss

Show us your Christmas stocking

Here's mine, my parents bought it when I was 1 year old. I am now 61 so it turns 60 this year.
  4. Henry Kloss

Anybody Live Where Weed Is Legal?

This thread is no fun anymore.
  5. Henry Kloss

The FBI is coming for you, not to get political.
  6. Henry Kloss

$7.00 to $14.00 a gram depending, wife's was $12.00 a gram, mine, $14.00. The oil was about $70.00 I think. They have stuff with almost no THC that is supposed to be good for pain.
  7. Henry Kloss

I didn't say Canada. Here in Ontario there are no stores, only on line orders for now. And a postal strike in process. My town has already said no to an outlet. Doesn't matter to me as I get it cheaper the old way. But it is a novelty, and they will have specialty items I might want.. Just a...
  8. Henry Kloss

Just got back from a 10 day road trip to the east coast. While in Halifax Nova Scotia, pot was legalized on the 17 of Oct. The next day as we drove to Cape Breton Island we stopped in at the NLSC store. (Where they sell liquor and beer.) Nova Scotia was fully prepared to distribute legal pot...
  9. Henry Kloss

The knife sharpening man

I recently purchased 2 Naniwa professional waterstones, 400 and 1000 grit. And have watched some videos by a guy in Halifax Nova Scotia named Peter Nowlan. I used the 400 grit and followed his method, I did not raise much of a Burr if any but ended up with an extremely sharp knife and the skin...
  10. Henry Kloss

The knife sharpening man

Remember the knife sharpening man. You would hear his bell ding ding ding as he went down the street . I heard this familiar sound about a month ago and to my surprise it was the knife sharpening man . He had a Dodge van from the 90's. He opened up the back and had 3 wheels and a belt.. I...
  11. Henry Kloss

Work life balance

After 17 years working for a large pharmaceutical company that promotes work life balance as a core company value. I have been informed that at 60 years old I will no longer be working Monday to Friday as I have for the last 17 years. No, my new shift will be Thursday to Monday with Tuesday and...
  12. Henry Kloss

I'd rather be a country man then a town man

I've done both. As a kid I lived in the city, then on a farm, then back to the city, back to a farm all before grade 8. Talk about learning how to fight. Not so much moving to the city, they didn't care. But country kids didn't like city kids. I've also been back and forth as an adult as...
  13. Henry Kloss

WGT golf App anybody play

I've been playing for about a year now. Pretty addictive. It's a bit of a money grab but worth it if you like the game play.
  14. Henry Kloss

Greetings from the road!

Then you need a new job. living in hotels and working only enough to survive is no life. Get with a good long haul company or good paving company that treats there employees well. throw those applications out there. You need an address.
  15. Henry Kloss

Who irons your shirts

Or do you even own an iron, or anything that needs ironing. Today is my ironing day, all the cotton shirts that come out of the dryer looking like rags need to be ironed. Usually I wait until I only have a couple left. My mom taught me to iron when I started buying my own clothes, a skill...
  16. Henry Kloss

Idiot mittens

[QU.OTE="usedto, post: 10957235, member: 11551"]Cigars - Cigarettes - Tiparillos Should a gentleman offer a lady a tiparillo ;) Glad everyone likes this thread. Keep um coming.
  17. Henry Kloss

Idiot mittens

I had them, you had them, but hardly anyone under 30 has ever heard of them. I don't even know what they're called now. Some expressions just aren't used anymore for whatever reason. Can you come up with any more.
  18. Henry Kloss

In with the new

It's a civic
  19. Henry Kloss

In with the new

I drive cars till they die. This latest one is a 2005 Mazda 3 bought off lease with 40,000 miles in 2008. I might have tried to keep this thing going if the body didn't fall apart all around me. It now has 200,000 miles and is ready for the boneyard. Been a great car but now time for the...
  20. Henry Kloss

Making bacon....The downside

Since I got my smoker for Christmas, I've done up about 100 lbs. of bacon. All I have to show for it is about 10 lbs. in the freezer and a hoard of happy friends and relatives. The downside is, everyone thinks I can supply all their bacon needs for money. I enjoy making bacon, but I'm up to...
  21. Henry Kloss

Favorite Poem

Nature's first green is gold Her hardest Hue to hold Her early Leafs a flower But only so an hour Then Leaf subsides to leaf So Eden sank to grief So Dawn goes down to-day Nothing Gold Can Stay
  22. Henry Kloss

Cage The Elephant show in Lafayette

That is extremely cool. I like them too. I got my daughter tickets to see Bastille on the 24th of this month the wife and I will drop her and her friend off at the concert and then go have a bite to eat and pick them up after. I told her she has to get the T-shirt so that'll cost me another 40...
  23. Henry Kloss

No more store bought bacon

That's the word your looking for in a book, Taking the skin off lets the cure and the smoke penetrate the fat layer. Which is the most important part, the meat can only absorb on the surface, the fat takes it all.
  24. Henry Kloss

No more store bought bacon

Anyone who wants to make they're own bacon absolutely needs to do they're homework. It's not hard but strict rules must be followed. Here in Canada we can't get (pink salt), The sodium nitrite is pre mixed with regular salt in a mix called Readycure. Find a good trusted web site or 2 or 3 and...
Back
Top Bottom