Search results

1. aedaza

Bias on MC 2205

Hi guys! Just wanted to share you guys I'm stretching this bad boy at my listening room, comparing it to my other standing standard Sansui AU D11 + Kef LS50s. So far, I like what I am hearing!! Did not expect this result, I don't know... But more natural sounding the MC and more natural highs...
  2. aedaza

C29 Preamp : Educate Me

Just un update, swapped the OP amps for some TI 5534AP which are supposed to be lower noise (not sure) but and overall improvement! The highs sometimes I felt were a bit muddy in some songs, part of an overall warm character. With the change they are better. Hope this helps someone thinking...
  3. aedaza

MC2205 Headphone jack output power?

Resurrecting this thread from the afterlife! Hi @deadie did you get an answer for this question? Interested too
  4. aedaza

Bias on MC 2205

Thanks pal. Do you know where can I source them?
  5. aedaza

Bias on MC 2205

Hi @w3jn just checked voltage at neg side of C308. Got 13.7v. Also just in case, replaced D302 and D303 with 1N5395. Also checked for contnuity on the ribbon cable and tightened the screws that seem to do a ground connection. Still no green lights... Maybe they are simply bad?
  6. aedaza

Bias on MC 2205

Hi guys So I managed to finally pull the knobs as they were stuck due corrosion and take off the faceplate. 2 of the bulbs were out but some cleaning did the trick and I have them ok now. Don't know what to use to paste again the blue plastic part. Any other suggestions on what is the usual...
  7. aedaza

Hi guys! Reporting back with the C29 recap. Success! Only left pending the main filter caps that I imagine they are most likely ok, and some small bipolar caps behind the input jacks. Also bought some 5534 OP to swap them later on just to see if something new in there might help. I don't know...
  8. aedaza

C32 Restoration

Thanks! That has been basically my gameplan so far; built a DBT, slow start, change the flex wires, recap one board at a time with a test on every recapped board, tons of pictures and notes
  9. aedaza

C32 Restoration

Thank you all for your suggestions. Really appreciate them So today I changed the flex cable in the left and right output board and some more caps in the right input board. Capped to the record potentiometer board. Also, cleaned various pin connectors (tons of them) with fine grit paper and...
  10. aedaza

C32 Restoration

Hi guys So as I don't have now an scope, my plan keeps being recap the whole preamp. This has to be the hardest recap I have done so far Today I finished a couple of caps in the amp board and left input board. Still pending to finish the right input and the Expander Board. Found a weak cable...
  11. aedaza

C32 Restoration

Hi all Just wanted to give you guys some feedback and advances. So the preamp came really bad. Almost initially no sound. Later realized that without the Expander I had some noise on one channel with the EQ out button pressed. EQ seemed not to work initially and a very different gain level with...
  12. aedaza

C32 Restoration

Hi Johnny! How did you access it? Flipped it but the metal sheet is big and requires huge disassembly
  13. aedaza

C32 Restoration

Hi guys! So I'm recapping the C32. Stumbled into something that has not been previously done by me. These connectors, should I desolder or how do I disconnect them?
  14. aedaza

Hi pal! Bought already the caps but finishing first the C32 that was in the worst condition. Next will be the C29. Will report back!
  15. aedaza

C32 Restoration

Thanks pal,, Any recommendation on what type of caps to look for? What type are they? Thanks again
  16. aedaza

C32 Restoration

Hi @w3jn ! Couple of them seem cracked... Why does this happens? Cracked is synonym of bad as in bulged electrolytic capacitors?
  17. aedaza

C32 Restoration

Thanks! I already know how to order electrolytic capacitors, but these type of caps are unknown to me.. what are those? Any guidance on how to order them over at Mouser or similar?
  18. aedaza

C32 Restoration

Hi guys So I'm restoring a C32 that came in horrible condition, same as another c29 and mc2205 that where located in a house next to the beach in bad conditions for ... 40 years! Took it back to life with the dim bulb tester and it works! (More or less ..) So I have already sourced most caps...
  19. aedaza

Bias on MC 2205

Yes! The watts db hold lights work. Ok I will check continuity on the ribbon+ voltage on C308. Thanks!
  20. aedaza

Bias on MC 2205

Oh yes they were replaced !
  21. aedaza

Bias on MC 2205

Hi guys! Trying to tackle the power guard lights in the front (green and red) as they are not turning on. Measured pins from 1 to 10 in the lamp pc board (according to service manual positions). 1-> 0.8 mv 2-> 1.6 mv 3-> 38 mv 4-> 29 mv 5-> 1mv 6-> 5.1 ac 7-> 2.3 v 8 -> 5.1 ac 9-> 0.4 mv 10 ->...
  22. aedaza

Bias on MC 2205

Yes!! Will save some as all my Macs need new Faceplates.. 2205, c29 and c32
  23. aedaza

Bias on MC 2205

Thanks @jlovda any suggestion on how to catch the problem? Sure @w3jn will do! Thanks pal And almost all the lights were out... Some proper cleaning of the rust and there you go!
  24. aedaza

Bias on MC 2205

All right guys! Partial recap in the power output and power supply + the flex cable change and I have a powerful and balanced output! Have not done serious listening but happy to report success! Power supply board before Power supply board after Power output board before Power output...
  25. aedaza

Bias on MC 2205

Yes it is ... 40 years stored in a house in front of the beach here in Colombia. Look how it arrived. If this amp sings again, it will be a testament of McIntosh quality.
Back
Top Bottom