Search results

1. merkin muffley

Budget Vintage HiFi setup

Yes, those terracotta saucers leak if water is standing in them. Very simple and elegant setup. Wondering if you need some kind of isolation between the speakers and the TT being in the same piece of furniture.
  2. merkin muffley

ictwoody is an great seller and excellent AKer!

Hi Woody, that Marantz scope tuner came, and it's great. Sounds better (to me) than the Sansui TU-717 that it replaced! You did a fine packing job, and it came quickly. The little video you made for me was reassuring, and guess what--the Stereo light works, I guess you needed that dipole for...
  3. merkin muffley

Contribute button?

I did figure it out eventually, and managed to score a Marantz scope tuner, which is what I was hoping for. Thanks!
  4. merkin muffley

$1500 to spend a Amp/Reciever, What would you get for Classic Rock ?

Trying to remember who in Philly sold Maggies...Radio 437? Muchnicks?? I was a mystery shopper for Harmon International then, and went to all the stores....
  5. merkin muffley

Contribute button?

Nope, the docs say that there's a contribute button at the top right of the Home page to access Barter Town, but it is not there!
  6. merkin muffley

Fried Model 'Q' Loudspeakers - I think

I met Bud Fried a couple of times. He had a retail store near where I grew up for a while, and later a workshop where he sold off some stuff when he was moving out. Very nice man and quite down to earth.
  7. merkin muffley

Hi there. Just to let you know, for some crazy reason I'm looking for a record cutter...

Hi there. Just to let you know, for some crazy reason I'm looking for a record cutter. Probably would like to avoid the Recordio level machines, would prefer something like a Presto or Rek-o-kut, or perhaps something more modern....Thanks.
  8. merkin muffley

Uhhh, sorry, in editing down to 1000 characters, I deleted the part about the pre amp section of...

Uhhh, sorry, in editing down to 1000 characters, I deleted the part about the pre amp section of the Marantz being out, and recapping it in general...that's what I'm looking for assistance with. Thanks.
  9. merkin muffley

Hi Lee, I stupidly hooked up speakers hot and incorrectly yesterday and probably blew some...

Hi Lee, I stupidly hooked up speakers hot and incorrectly yesterday and probably blew some output transistors on a Denon 4308. This is anticipation of replacing my old TV with a Samsung Smart TV, the F8500 which is on order. Anyway, instead of repairing the Denon, I'm thinking of...
  10. merkin muffley

Peoria >>> Philly

Some Pio speakers on CL I am interested in...
  11. merkin muffley

That's 1970's watts

Exactly. Conversely, how much juice are my 70's monstro receivers pulling out of the wall when they're just idling?
  12. merkin muffley

PS3 Media Server

You're right. I actually do have it connected this way, because I didn't have an available HDMI port on my TV, so I am running USB out of the PS3 to my receiver. Need to have the TV on to navigate, but I guess I could turn it off if playing an mp3 playlist once it started. I will have to...
  13. merkin muffley

MM or MC with B&O Turntable

Yep. I had some fullfiillment issues with Soundsmith, but once it finally arrived, i was highly impressed with their product.
  14. merkin muffley

PS3 Media Server

Bought a PS3 without even realizing it could function as a media server. Works pretty well, though it has issues with certain video formats. Also, when file sharing program VUZE is running on my Mac, it sees this instead of the designated share. The Mac needs to be awake, which means I need...
  15. merkin muffley

AKAI tuner

Also, is the switch in the back narrow/wide filters, or antenna attenuation?
  16. merkin muffley

AKAI tuner

Is the case real wood or "faux"?
  17. merkin muffley

Akai quadraphonic in NJ

Anyone ever notice the similarity in looks and specs between this unit and the Pioneer QX-9900? I wish I had room to take this home and compare it to the Pioneer, the price seems reasonable enough.
  18. merkin muffley

Webster-Chicago Wire Recorder

If you break the wire, you just tie a knot in it. At least if you're a former scout. i guess. A while back a friend modded mine to use the preamp of an aiwa walkman. Kind of a frankenstein job, I would've rather had it recapped and maybe just an output jack installed. It was pretty expedient...
  19. merkin muffley

Vintage electronics in Philadelphia area ?

Right you are. I will list this as parts in the correct place, and edit this post. Thanks for the tip!
  20. merkin muffley

Quad DOA Receivers--Anybody Want 'em? Sorry to hijack this thread..... <<<<<MOVED TO THE CLASSIFIEDS, THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP!!!!>>>>>>> Any interest? Insult me with an offer. I am in NW Philly, no shipping, please.....
  21. merkin muffley

Nice Auction!!!!! Wow, this looks like great stuff, I am trying not to buy any more big stuff, but vinyl, mics and tubes will still fit in my collection. Thanks for the tip. Could be some shoo fly pie in my future.
  22. merkin muffley

Just searched Roberts and found this: http://cnj.craigslist.org/ele/2029607767.html Wow, I could use that Marantz Quad receiver, and the Masco amp for some dirty guitar.
  23. merkin muffley

Glenside Thrift The place down from the Blue Comet? They have a lot of one buck LP's in pretty good shape, last time I checked. Can't recall the name, it's on Easton Rd, and it's a Stationary store (remember them?), and there's a lot of not particularly rare vinyl in really nice condition...
  24. merkin muffley

Philly I just picked up a Dual 1245 off CL last night. Once I adjusted it properly and replaced the cart, it sounded shweet. There was a guy up in the NE that was posting stuff to CL last year, but he's vanished. I don't know the far NE very well, but there are some thrift stores on Rising...
Back
Top Bottom