Search results

1. titanstats

McIntosh loaded Barzilay console value

NIce Eico load there. :thumbsup: Gonna be honest and admit I had no idea Eico ever made an RTR. And people say I'm too old and stupid to learn things still. :biggrin:
  2. titanstats

And people try to tell me that things don't happen for a reason. Nice aesthetics, should do you for quite a while. When you do get bored eventually, slide a suitable RTR in it and enjoy it all over again. You'll be able to tell when that is, because the proper RTR will present itself itself to...
  3. titanstats

Capacitor suggestions for 1982 tape deck

Ah, I'll be watching how you do here -- I have one of these lovely decks in hibernation that should be looked over. There's a lot going on under the hood in these units, and I sincerely dislike working on cassette decks, so I've been saving it for 'some other time" for some time now. :D
  4. titanstats

repair damage to vintage pioneer amp faceplate?

!00% agree, there's no real fix for this. Sometimes you just have to appreciate things for what they are, she's still pretty. :thumbsup:
  5. titanstats

As consoles go, you won't find much better looks-wise if MCM is what you're after. It's populated with a couple of nice Mac pieces, so you can't go wrong there, especially as it's been pointed out that the cosmetics should be excellent from living in a console. Upgrade the RTR, match with...
  6. titanstats

A mini score for me

Very nice, but a free 8080 is a bit better than a mini score IMO; they're pretty collectible where I live. Enjoy. :thumbsup:
  7. titanstats

What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

My system is at flat about 95% of the time, but then there are those other moments and recordings. Some people can do it, but I wouldn’t enjoy the absence of tone controls.
  8. titanstats

My system (Crown amplifier controversy busted)

Well, first it was the internet, so god knows what the signal was like, and secondly, well I was determined to hear that 20/21k tone. I would imagine I applied far too much power to those little ESS speakers in my quest to finish that stupid test lol.
  9. titanstats

What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

Three bookshelves for my tapes, but one of them didn't come today, so I must wait. :thumbsdown: Need to order a few more shelves for them as well and they should all fit in there perfectly though. :thumbsup: But then I have to sort them all and put 'em title facing out. :thumbsdown: Who am I...
  10. titanstats

Engraved serial number on sansui faceplate?

Canada too, people scribed their SIN numbers on everything in sight during the 1970s. The police encouraged it heavily as a theft deterrent; you can still see ancient Operation Identification stickers here and there, and yes, SIN numbers scratched into gear. Saw an ad for some teak furniture a...
  11. titanstats

My system (Crown amplifier controversy busted)

I only killed a tweeter once, but it was *ahem* doing an internet hearing test years back. Was absolutely ashamed of myself when I realized that weird smell was a smoked tweeter, a Heil too lol. :p
  12. titanstats

labels for cables

Old masking tape is one of the worst possible things to try and remove. Not soap & water, nor 99% alcohol, nor acetone will remove it alone; needs all three and a lot of elbow grease. Stuff is awful.
  13. titanstats

Bypassing Android 48 kHz upsampling

My DAC reports 48 except on Bluetooth; Apple devices on Bluetooth are at cd quality, android devices (even a six year old oneplus) are at 96.
  14. titanstats

Best sounding pre-recorded cassettes you've come across?

I have some Beatles tapes from the early 90s or so, address, chrome, etc. They sounded very good, but are now some of the few cassettes I own that have become unplayable; they stick, no deck I’ve tried them on will play them.
  15. titanstats

In 2022, Pink Floyd released first new music in decades to support Ukraine

Ugh. File this among things that should never be, at least imo.
  16. titanstats

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

lol you sound like me and half the other guys on this site. :biggrin:
  17. titanstats

We just moved a couple weeks back, so nothing much is right at the moment, and our clothes are mostly in boxes, hence my forced ikea walk-in closet labour today. I appreciate the well thought response. On the up side of moving, I got some more space to play in, and have a pretty decent sized...
  18. titanstats

Help to buy vintage cd player

Agreed, if you’re going to use cd as a serious source, may as well treat it accordingly. I run an older cd player sheerly for looks and cool factor, not reliability or best-possible sound quality.
  19. titanstats

Music to assemble a gigantic ikea walk in closet suite to — Rush, A Farewell to Kings. At least I get to play it on a bedroom system again. :thumbsup:
  20. titanstats

Revitalizing AK

Like the sharks they are; scammers just follow the money. CL listings have dropped dramatically over the last couple of years here, used to be super popular on the west coast. It was a pretty dramatic switch, seems to have coincided with the covid stuff perhaps. But yeah, FB is full of even...
  21. titanstats

Depreciation!

Pretty certain I only paid a few cases of beer for my Altecs, had 'em ever since. :thumbsup:
  22. titanstats

This Shit Jams

Stopped being able to tolerate Windows any longer; I installed Win11 and a couple days were just enough of that. Installed Manjaro and never looked back, I use Chromium browser and yes, Firefox for a few things.
  23. titanstats

What do I do with a color organ?

>what do I do? I think the procedure was set it up, get kinda wrecked, play music and stare at moving lights. Enjoy! :biggrin:
  24. titanstats

Revitalizing AK

People eventually chose walled gardens over the open internet — people just don’t use forums like they used to. That’s why places like Facebook and instagram, etc are loaded with hifi. Same with for sale listings, it’s all Facebook now, craigslist is dead. Forums are still much better for...
  25. titanstats

Is high power a waste at low to medium volume?

Yeah agreed, 20W through the right system will pound, I honestly don't push it over a couple of Watts very often.
Back
Top Bottom