Search results

1. titanstats

Bought an Akai AT-93 Reference Master tuner.

An Akai AT-93 popped up on FB here today for an abnormally low price, I had no choice but to go get it; not sure how it ended up being mine, it had been listed for over a day. Maybe I'm the last guy in Vancouver who still appreciates tuners..? Bought it off the original owner's son, cosmetics...
  2. titanstats

Spring audio cleaning time

With spring quickly coming to an end, and an impending move date later this year, it's time to do some audio spring cleaning this week. Time to sort through storage and decide what's to keep, and what's to go. Haven't done this in a long time, so have too many small units that came with other...
  3. titanstats

4270 dial scale interchangeability?

Hey all. Need a dial scale for a 4270, but they are difficult to source. Wondering if any other models would have a scale that would fit? The 4300 scale in particular looks like it might work, the function lights are all in the correct places. I’ve never owned a 4300 before though, so don’t know...
  4. titanstats

Derelict Marantz 4270 parts unit

Bought a couple of units advertised as rough parts units last week; I really wanted the 1200b, but this 4270 was a throw in. Got the 1200 up and looking beautiful last week, and was going to store the receiver away until I got around to looking at it, so probably forever. :biggrin: As I hoisted...
  5. titanstats

B77 white meters — yeah or nah?

Hey guys. Bulbs went out on my B77 a while back, went to order an LED replacement kit for them and was given too many colours to choose from (I’m a simple man). The pics of the deck with white lights looked good, so I figured I’d try something new and ordered ‘em. Finally got around to...
  6. titanstats

Revox A700 vs B77?

Hey tape guys, need an opinion or two. Always liked the look of the A700 but never had my paws on one; I have the opportunity to pick one up but am uncertain if I really want it or not. I already have a B77 and am pretty familiar with the design, so can do most of the work on it myself. It's a...
  7. titanstats

Journey to the centre of a Revox G36

Waiting for some parts to arrive so I can begin a minor rebuild on my B77; it's cold outside and threatening to snow. What better thing to do than to than to disassemble my Revox G36 to see what's going on in there? Here's a pic before I strip it down, in case I never get it right again. :cool...
  8. titanstats

Rainy week, time to take the B77 apart

I've been avoiding it because I'd rather not, but now it's time to do some maintenance on the B77 -- at least I'll get to spend some quality time with my neglected HS A77 in the meantime. Pulled it apart and everything looks original in here, so a recap to replace the old Frako caps is in order...
  9. titanstats

PayPal at it again - threatening fines...

Remember the fuss a couple of weeks ago when PayPal said they were going to fine people $2500 straight out of their account for use they deemed unacceptable, then said 'whoops, it was just a mistake'? They were lying apparently, it's now been snuck back in as an official policy. Anyway, the...
  10. titanstats

Fairchild 260 valuation?

Hey all, just wondering the ballpark worth of a Fairchild 260 amp? Cosmetics difficult to gauge but seem at least good, operating condition unknown but the unit is complete. Very little that I could find out there, I’d appreciate knowing what I’m trying to get into with this. I’d assume that a...
  11. titanstats

You guys made me buy a CD player, Pt II.

Hey all. I made a post a couple of weeks ago about a thread on AK bumping me into action to once again pick up a CD player. I decided to try to track down and purchase a 1st gen CD player from 1983 to add to my system. The goal was accomplished when I found a beautiful little Hitachi DA-1000 and...
  12. titanstats

You guys made me buy a vintage CD player...

I was reading through this thread https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/cd-players-is-one-better-than-another-and-why.1005310/ and for one reason or another it just kept popping back into my head. I haven't had a CD player proper in my system for probably 15 years or so, and got to...
  13. titanstats

Diary of a tape junkie

Picked up a little Sony TC-105 the other day. Have absolutely no need for it, but it actually works perfectly and is in mint shape. However, off to the storage shed it goes, I really just wanted the 50-ish tapes that went along with it. :thumbsup: And this is the explanation for why I always...
  14. titanstats

Revox G36 refresh -- any experiences?

Hey all. Picked up a pretty decent two track G36 last week (looks to be a MK III), just got around to giving it a clean/inspection yesterday. Cosmetics are nice, tube compliment is original and still good, heads fine for me, and it has the broken counter that nearly all G36s apparently have; all...
  15. titanstats

Heathkit AA-151 integrated amp

Hey all, look what hitched a ride home with me today Won a little AA-151 at auction with a couple other things, just picked it up today. Haven’t powered it up yet, my dim bulb rig is elsewhere as I haven’t taken apart a tube unit in a while. Figured I may as well take the dust off, and it...
  16. titanstats

Opinions on Oracle Delphi II?

Hey all. Gonna admit that the TT isn't the main part of my stereo, and my knowledge of them doesn't run as deeply as with other components. That being said, when an upgrade presents itself you have to take a good look. So, I'm wondering if any of you have experience or insight on an Oracle...
  17. titanstats

A77 capstan issue, 2sc782 equivalent replacements?

Hey all. Have an A77 with a dead capstan, was going to change out the old Toshiba 2SC782 on the capstan board to see if that will help. Capstan ran fine apparently until the RIFAs in it smoked out; replacement of said RIFAs did not deliver the usual joy in this case, guess they took something...
  18. titanstats

Bogen PX-60 multiplex adapter

Hey all. Got super tired of waiting for a Fisher MPX unit to become available, so grabbed this little guy the other day to use as a temp unit until I eventually find my keeper. It looks pretty good, but the front panel got rubbed by someone doing a clean I think -- gotta be super careful on...
  19. titanstats

HealthKit AJ-1510

Picked up one of these today, largely because it came with the wood case; I have one already but it has no case. The tuner fires up, but the gentleman said it had trouble pulling stations. I have nothing to do tonight, so this is my nightly project I guess. The face has a lovely golden patina...
  20. titanstats

Fisher 101-R

Hey all. Picked one of these up some weeks back, just got the lamps in the mail from dgwojo and slipped them in. I posted about it originally in the Tuner forum, but didn't realize at the time the Fisher forum was probably the better place for it. Here's that thread if anyone's interested...
  21. titanstats

Akai AT-2600

Hey all. Picked up one of these advertised for a good price yesterday, couldn't resist. TIC gives it a good review, has a 5 gang FM section, variable muting, a deviation meter and variable outputs -- seems like a nice unit. Anyone out there own one of these, knows what to expect from it? Had a...
  22. titanstats

Fisher 101R info needed.

Hey all. I know there's a few Fisher heads on the board, wondering if I can borrow some of your expertise. Just picked up a 101R, cosmetics are quite good and the unit is complete but no WC. I am the second owner of this tuner, it hadn't been fired up in 30 years the lady said, so I put it on...
  23. titanstats

Concertone Model 801 RTR

Picked up a Concertone Model 801 RTR that had been on CL for quite a while, got tired of seeing the listing all the time I guess. Put some elbow grease, soap, and alcohol into it, and it's in beautiful cosmetic shape after a good detailing. Interesting machine with some great features for the...
  24. titanstats

DEX audio equipment anyone?

Ran across a really well constructed Amp by DEX, but can't find out a thing about it. Looks like it was made in Australia in the late '80s, but the current DEX corp there no longer produces audio equipment. Any information greatly appreciated, be nice to find a service manual but think it's...
  25. titanstats

Akai 4000DS MKII in black trim?

Hi guys. Not the most knowledgeable about Akai decks, so asking the Akai fans here. How common is the DS4000 in full black trim? I picked one up last year, fixed it, played it, put it in a closet. Works fine, nice machine, I just have enough decks. Noticed though that almost all of these...
Back
Top Bottom