Search results

1. 87RangerXLT

My first Turntable: Marantz 6110

I thought so, the lid is intact, and it even had the original 45 adapter, I am waiting a few hours for it to warm up before I plug it in and try it out.
  2. 87RangerXLT

My first Turntable: Marantz 6110

I know this is an old thread, but I JUST found one of these TT in the Zion Dump, weel I didn't find it in there, my new job is to clean foreclosed houses, and this was something I missed on the initial clean out, I found it in a Numark box, and kept it right before we threw it into the ever...
  3. 87RangerXLT

Lookie what I got. Polk Audio!

OK, well 6 out of the 8 are still good, so I will just do that. I still have to move them from my garage to my room, so I might just do that on Sunday to the 6 that still work. I will have to see what I'll do for the 2 stuck ones.
  4. 87RangerXLT

Thanks. I never even thought about that. Many people told me about the replacements, so I just figured it would be on their site.
  5. 87RangerXLT

I am a new member over there, with maybe 10 posts, I never really needed to create an account over there, because my 2 pairs of Monitor 10's sound, and play great! I may just replace the tweeters, because as you described, I like that sort of sound, as for the woofers I don't think I will be...
  6. 87RangerXLT

2 have shifted for the woofers, I believe, I have yet to do an impedance test with them. and one has fallen completely off for the tweeter. I do not have the cable. but somebody at Club Polk has already contacted me with one, so I may just do that, we'll see.
  7. 87RangerXLT

I have been reading A LOT, there is so much I can do, for me it will be slow, because these speakers are not cheap. I want to know this now, when I get them running I will let you know. LOL. thank you very much. You live close? when I get them running, I would be more then happy to have...
  8. 87RangerXLT

I noticed that many people have had problems with the magnets shifting. On the Polk Forum they have a thread about using JB Weld to keep them from moving again.
  9. 87RangerXLT

:D didn't mean to do that...
  10. 87RangerXLT

Would You wear Fullsize Headphones out in public?

I wear my Sennheiser HD 280 Silvers in public all the time. I prefer sound over size, any time.
  11. 87RangerXLT

Well after having a huge dry spell with audio related purchases, and being pretty happy with my current setup, my 2 pairs of Polk Audio Monitor 10's, I finally found something I wanted, I sort of became a selector, instead of an impulse buyer, like I used to be. But here it is a Pair of good...
  12. 87RangerXLT

if AK was to make and sell white van speakers

WV Special, dual coned, with center channel BUILT IN! dual passive mids, and super tweeters, with side placed 6x9 3 way for added SOUNDSTAGE!
  13. 87RangerXLT

Picking Up Some Polk RTA-12's

I have a pair of Polk Model 10's with the Peerless tweeters, and I also have a pair of Polk Monitor 10's aswell with the SL2000 tweeter. the SL2000 sounds much better, but I believe that is because I think the older Models need a recap. Although on the other hand the Models bass response is...
  14. 87RangerXLT

Kittens and Cables

i like this idea, to bad many of speaker wire, and cables have already been messed up.
  15. 87RangerXLT

Latest Model, Sennheiser HD-280 Pro in Sliver Unboxing Video

After listening to them for a little while, I have grown to like them. The noise canceling is what I really like. I use them all the time when I am at school doing Homework. I also thought that they where blown, but they seem to have gotten some bass to them all of a sudden... Maybe I am just...
  16. 87RangerXLT

Latest Model, Sennheiser HD-280 Pro in Sliver Unboxing Video

Real old thread I know, but what did you think of these? I just picked up a pair at my local SA, and thought the highs where super harsh, and that they lacked bass.
  17. 87RangerXLT

Post ugly production cars here

Also the Nissan Juke.... How does somebody let a kid make a car. I mean just stop...
  18. 87RangerXLT

Post ugly production cars here

For me it has to be the Buick Rendezvous. Pretty much the richer cousin to the Aztek.
  19. 87RangerXLT

gotta find some good rock speakers

This is what i though OP was looking for by just reading the title.
  20. 87RangerXLT

vacuuming near components

Every so often I just bring my gear to the garage and use the Air compressor on it all. only got to do it about ever 3-6 months.
  21. 87RangerXLT

Best speakers for listening to loud rock music?

The Dominator MX-10.... http://youtu.be/19CvEO3Riy0
  22. 87RangerXLT

What's the most useless, over-designed, or badly designed feature ?

LOL, My Explorer has that, but I have the "High End" Ford/JBL Stereo, The whole thing is useless if you ask me.
  23. 87RangerXLT

Work Place Freebies

Man that thing is a tank.
  24. 87RangerXLT

Vintage Technics website

Wow, that's a pretty darn good site, very organized, and I like the pictures.
Back
Top Bottom