Search results

1. Fairlane

Todays Transfer Station Haul *Updated*

Found this old Sears Silvertone radio console in the recycle pile. It was laying face down and at first I thought is was a solid state unit. But I had my trusty Swiss Army knife and removed two screws and was greeted by vintage tubes. So needless to say it went into my truck. Have always...
  2. Fairlane

1250 AWR-106 Board Issue

I have started to update this 1250 in my possession and I am having a devil of a time figuring out why I cannot get -65 volts DC on pin 13. Voltage on pin 14 is also off some as well. Voltages on all the other pins are basically spot on. Able to dial VR1 right in to 65 volts DC. VR2 about...
  3. Fairlane

Sherwood 7100A Recycle Find

Found this today at the transfer station here in the mountains sitting right on top of the E-Waste pile. Can tell the power loudness switch is broken in the off position but I will get a look at it when I get a chance in the next few days. At the cabin right now and don't have a dim bulb tester...
  4. Fairlane

JBL 4408 Cosmetic Question

Picked up this great working pair of 4408's earlier this week for a good price. They are mechanically in great shape and sound terrific. Currently running them with a Pioneer 1250 I am also restoring in stages. But.. one speaker has a good size dent on the front corner. Do I leave it or try to...
  5. Fairlane

Black Ring Removal Success

Bar Keepers Friend paste, $3.98 at Home Depot. Before. The ubiquitous black circles on top of one B&W DM2 picked up recently. Tested a small area first, no problems. Smeared the paste on with my fingers. Did do the whole top in case there was any lightening going to happen. After a couple...
  6. Fairlane

RS-1060

Found a big old 1060 on FB Marketplace for a good price after some negotiating and waiting a few days it came home with me. Owners rep was waiting for a higher offer but he did not get it so my patience and respectful offer paid off. Its an unmolested original that I don't think was used too...
  7. Fairlane

Kef T-27 Tweeter Repair

I was curious if anyone tried repairing their tweeter with any of the replacement coils on the auction site? Looks like they are silk domes instead of the plastic type like the originals. Would that make any difference? I have seen this thread but Sansui 77 does not mention where the coils...
  8. Fairlane

Long Awaited Shake Down JBL L-100

I picked these up late last year and have not really had time or space to get these out and hooked up to a contemporary vintage receiver. Choose my updated 2275. Not going to rehash everything thats been said about these good, bad, or indifferent. All I can say is they sound awesome to me...
  9. Fairlane

Cringe Worthy Ad

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ele/d/san-mateo-vintage-1964-hillcraft-stereo/7451343618.html Why you should not just plug in vintage tube gear. Text book example of red plating power tubes. No connection.
  10. Fairlane

A Special Fisher Cabinet?

Is there something I am missing here for the astronomical price? No connection. https://www.ebay.com/itm/334206872607?hash=item4dd0482c1f:g:9dEAAOSwcTJhhDWR
  11. Fairlane

Marantz

Picked the HD-880’s up recently three minutes from my house. Giving them a chance to open up on the 2275. Man these are nice. Newer foam and perfect grills. Always wanted some Marantz speakers from this series. Effortless bass and great detailed highs. Need to fire them up with the 2330.
  12. Fairlane

JBL L100's Finally

Well I have never had a pair of these over the years but have had some other great vintage JBL's and these are an itch that needed scratching. Found them seven minutes from my work and they were not cheap. Original owner bought them at the PX in Germany. Most of the ones that come up for sale...
  13. Fairlane

Mac 1900 FM MPX Light Problem

I have a really nice updated 1900 I have had for several years now and the stereo Light has never worked. It plays nice FM stereo regardless, it just bugs me it does not work. Kind of assumed it was the lamp and I am between projects so out the lamp came from the housing. Not that hard but...
  14. Fairlane

Braun L700A Surprise

Recently picked these up locally for a good price. (I thought anyway) I know these are not the favorite of the line based on some of the few online threads and reviews I could find. So I figured I would snag these to have spare parts for my Braun L-710's that will be with my till the end. So...
  15. Fairlane

SANSUI QRX-7001 Manual

No connections what so ever but they will mail it too. Would be nice to have if you own one of these. https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ele/d/los-altos-sansui-qrx-7001-manual/7360052322.html
  16. Fairlane

Seems like a lot of money with problems..

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ele/d/gilroy-realistic-vintage-receiver-sta/7353048856.html I realize this is a well regarded and rare receiver though. Not mine, no connection.
  17. Fairlane

Bit of wishful AR thinking..

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ele/d/san-jose-acoustic-research-ar-2ax-pair/7352710431.html Not mine, no connection.
  18. Fairlane

AR AR9LS Sacrilege

No connection. Just hurts seeing these "updated". https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ele/d/san-rafael-rare-acoustic-research-ar9ls/7327460317.html
  19. Fairlane

AR 2AX Restoration

Bought a pair of the early version AX's with cloth woofer and fried egg super tweeter. Prefer them to the later foam woofer and smaller domed tweeter. These are really nice so I replaced the four roached tone controls with Ohmites and used Dayton motor run oil caps. Have used expensive audio...
  20. Fairlane

Estate Sale Console

Saw this today. Son said his dad built and it was a labor of love. Too big and a little pricey for me. Thought it was badass even my wife who hates consoles thought it was nice. Sounded very good.
  21. Fairlane

Fresh Console 800C

Just picked this up on Sunday and I got all the paperwork with her too which was a new for me. Knew two of the power tubes are bad from the start but I have two to plug in for testing. Overall its in really nice condition. Tubes test great but the two origin 7591A's have been rode hard but...
  22. Fairlane

Left Channel FM Stereo Noise Eight Deluxe

First off the receiver has been updated and sounds really good on all inputs and is very quiet but.. here is my issue. When tuning FM in stereo, and the light comes on I get a faint buzz/hum only on the left channel. Not effected by volume or balance control and if the station is not in stereo...
  23. Fairlane

Heresy Prize

Picked these 1978 Walnut Heresey time capsules last night on my local CL for a great price from the original owner. Got them hooked up to my 800C playing some Charlie Brown Christmas. Friggin awesome. Owner mention they have not been used probably in 30 years. Have the grills and gave them...
  24. Fairlane

RS-1060 Transfer Station Find

Picked this up from a fellow AK member and friend. He found it in the electronics recycle pile. Like a lot of us he has too much stuff but could not see this get destroyed so he grabbed it knowing he has too many projects as it is. Now the long and short is I now own it buying it dirty and...
  25. Fairlane

Eico ST-40 Loudness Mod

Picked up this ST-40 for the nice set of Fisher 7591 tubes inside for my 800B. Start looking at it and it's full of original tubes including the Amperex 5ARA rectifier. So I had to fire it up anyway after it passed the DBT test. Selectors and controls absolutely dirty. But it worked. Clean it...
Back
Top Bottom