Search results

1. J

DCM Time Windows..ridden hard put away..

I just picked up a pair of DCM Time Windows. It was known one speaker was completely dead. The other speaker sounds good. I read through the archives about opening one of these puppies. Based on all the staples and adhesive that fastens the top, I chose removal of a driver like at least one...
  2. J

Anyone driving Polk SDA-1's with Phase Linear Amp??

Update on Phase Linear/Polk combo Thanks for the replies. I think I have a better lead on what may be happening now that I've done some more experimenting. By the way, the schematic for the power amp shows the amp to be common ground outputs. For starters I measured 0.1 ohms between the L/R...
  3. J

Anyone driving Polk SDA-1's with Phase Linear Amp??

I recently purchased a P-L 400 Series II power amp. I've been driving my SDA-1's with the SDA interconnect cable connected. I had noticed intermittent balance problems and other subtle audible problems. Nothing severe, just not quite right. Anyway without going into details on a whim I...
  4. J

Michigan audio club interest

A7's just need a little larger venue to image..... Wojo, didn't we just recently EM about how I thought my listening room was just a little too small for the A7-500's to image properly?? This looks like a perfect opportunity to test that theory. The theater is a little too far for me to do...
  5. J

Older Magnepan MG-11A's fuse location??

Charivari, I will follow-up on other site as you suggest. Probably lots of experience with MUG. I need to check the SS Marantz (2250B 50w/ch) I'm using to drive them. I think the receiver is rated for 4 ohms. Oh, forgot to mention, the Magnepan nameplate states impedance is 6 ohms. Thanks...
  6. J

The connector plate is the original Magnepan plate. S/N 106627. The model number is labeled as MG-11 not MG-11A. I didn't look that closely at the model designation and instead relied on the seller's word. Maybe the "A" was not always part of designator?? Does the serial number make this...
  7. J

Hi Charivari, Thanks for your reply. After I posted I did a search through the threads and came to the conclusion there should be a fuse. I removed the connection panel from the speaker, but instead of seeing the crossover components, I see a closed, circular chamber that prevents inspecting...
  8. J

Recently purchased late 70's (I think) Maggies. MG-11A's. Some of the photos I've seen show a fuse holder near the speaker connections. These do not have fuse holders near the speaker wire connectors. Were some of the Maggies unfused, or were fuseholders located behind the socks?? I wanted...
  9. J

Sansui SPX-11000's....Where to list??

Dave's fun project............ Hi Dave, I hoped the websites would have pics of the locales. If you happen to take a few pics of the theatre, that would be cool to see. It sounds like you're having a lot of fun. I don't think I can help you with the audio taper pot. Maybe a very limited...
  10. J

jerb (or jim) Hello Wojo. My Great Altec friend and conspirator. You are correct, Jerb or Jim. How's that weekend job going?? Sounds like fun. I will likely need some help getting the worn G-8700DB up to snuff. I bet I'm in the right place. Poor baby at some point was dropped on rear...
  11. J

wrong type of attention.... luvvinvinyl, Thank you, sir, for correcting my inappropriate use of this forum for the loudspeakers. You know how us new guys are........ jerb :D
  12. J

welcome... Hi Rick, Thanks for the welcome. I need to put some more detail about my "audio habit" up so others know what kind of audio addict I am. Just as a start some Sansui components are Sansui 4000 and 8700DB receivers. Along with the previously mentioned SPX-11000's. That's just a...
  13. J

New to forum....Where should I list loudspeakers?? . Jerb ***Please post your listing in the Classifeds. Thank you***
Back
Top Bottom