Search results

1. Wireworm5

DP-Made in Japan

In 1993 DP released 'Live in Japan' by EMI records a triple Live album. It was a collection of songs from their 3 shows in Japan. But was not intended to replace Made in Japan. Could it be Live in Japan?
  2. Wireworm5

DP-Made in Japan

I think that you have the Japanese release of the 25th anniversery edition. My copy the jewel case has a black background. Inside the leaflet is a picture of the Japan edition which has the funny E3.25 behind it. However it looks more like the Japanese rising sun flag and not your...
  3. Wireworm5

Richie Havens

If I remember correct he opened Woodstock with two great guitar picking songs. I've been meaning to transfer these to cd. A while back I was looking for Richie Havens albums that had a better recording of these two songs from Woodstock but wasn't able to find anything. Will try to find...
  4. Wireworm5

Golden Earring - Moontan Looking for jacket info.

I like Big Tree, Blue Sea and Are You Receiving Me, a close second.:yes:
  5. Wireworm5

Video games/computers have come a long way,yes?

Couple Ideas Two ideas I've had for games but never told anyone. First one would be a Mountain Climber game. You could chose hundreds of different mountains. Form an expedition team and plan the best route to the summit. Then slowly make your way up the mountain. If you fall, game over...
  6. Wireworm5

Help needed with system

There are two types of fatigue IMO. Long term fatigue, comes from many hours of listening, and perhaps at relatively high volume. When fatigue set in, in my case. I became disinterested in music. I took about a 2 week break from critical listening. When I did listen to music it was background...
  7. Wireworm5

How many watts do YOU listen to?

The question should be, how much does it cost to power your stereo? I estimate it's costing me approx. $115 pr/month. Before my renter moved in my power bill was like $110 pr/month. Then I added power amps and would leave the stereo on at all times. I would get power bills like $430. So now...
  8. Wireworm5

How to make 24/96 music DVDs?

It's a secret that requires special software. You'll have to search the web to find the answers. It's not legal to copy unless it's for your personal material.
  9. Wireworm5

Tell me about your system and software

I have a Multi-channel HT arrangement using 10 speakers 4 amps which I listen to in MC stereo. The gear is very good quality and it's all I can afford. The strength of my system is detail, clarity, solid re-enforced bass with a very wide sound stage. On some recordings particularly with drums...
  10. Wireworm5

Yammy remote cntl volume driving me insane

I have similar problem with my Yamaha. The problem goes away when I use fully charged batteries ( I use re-chargeable ) in remote. Also pull out those little springy things in battery holder, so that it makes good contact with the batteries.
  11. Wireworm5

Your Top 5 Remakes

I forgot Pipeline by Stevie Ray Vaughn.:bash:
  12. Wireworm5

Your Top 5 Remakes

5 remakes 1. River Deep Mountain High-DP 2. Jumpin' Jack Flash- Frampton 3. Dust in the Wind- Scorpions 4. Rusty Cage- Soundgarden 5. Pictures at an Exhibition-ELP 2nd that
  13. Wireworm5

Songs that convey moving speed?

When listening to the song Speed King by Deep Purple in Rock. I get the impression from the bass riff at 2:07,that I am cruising fast down the highway overtaking a car. I can't think of any other bass riffs that convey for me this impression of speed. Another song that comes to mind is Autobaun...
  14. Wireworm5

Favorite Sabbath?

I was just listening to War Pigs.... WOW... I concur, this song when cranked for lack of a better discription, the guitar effect and jam, dances around the room. If you know what we're talking about you'll say "Wow" too.
  15. Wireworm5

Can a CD go mute, but still otherwise play?

a theory Since you didn't mention the disc I'll speculate that it is a cd-r copy of a Sony. A Sony disc that is encrypted with that software that inbeds itself into your computer and maybe even a player. The disc is allowed a certain amount of plays and no longer plays. The problem with this...
  16. Wireworm5

AC/DC- Live at Donington, Concert DVD

Artist: AC/DC Title: Live at Donington Release Date: Nov. 11, 2003 Record Label: Sony Genre: Hard Rock Format: AC-3, color,Dolby, DVD-Video, Live NTSC Where is Donington? Don't know, somewhere in Austrailia I think. I first listened to AC/DC back around 1980. Being a hard rocker I...
  17. Wireworm5

My Dog Keeps Pissing on my speakers!!!!

Dogs are smart, they think your D9's are a tree. You need to get a real speaker like Paradigm Studio 100's. There'll be no confusing 100's with a tree. :smoke:
  18. Wireworm5

Seen Blue-Ray, first time

It really depends on the filmed quality of the dvd movie and I suppose the quality of your upscaler and tv. At 1080i the movie 'The Mechanic' with Charles Bronson on my 32" HDTV looks grainy like 400 asa film if your familiar with that. On a bigger tv maybe this would be even more apparent...
  19. Wireworm5

Seen Blue-Ray, first time

The Blue Ray players are out and I saw true HD for the first time. It didn't occur to me right away when I first saw the picture on the tv. What I noticed was that up close the resolution was very good on a large screen tv. The only HD picture I seen with sharp imaging up close is my Panasonic...
  20. Wireworm5

Rush Gold

OMG, does this Rush 2 CD compilation ROCK!! 29 of their best songs of the highest detail for a cd. And I'm guessing that some songs on disc 1 have been redone as I haven't heard the versions before. By-Tor And Snow Dog has exceptional bass playing as well as Bastille Day. I would've liked to...
  21. Wireworm5

Iron Butterfly

When we were kids we would air jam to this song with our cousins, it was so much fun. :yes: Now when I play this song on my system I crank it to the max. It sounds so dang good I'm grining ear to ear. And I wish that my cousins and brother could hear it cause I know they would revel in it as...
  22. Wireworm5

Rock/Metal music played by...

The Tea Party did one, saw it on tv but don't have a name of an album. Also I have the Proco Harem cd were they played with the Edmonton Symphony back in 1970. Only good song is Conquistador which is awesome, rest of the CD sucks and its not rock. :smoke: Oh, I've seen that DP one and almost...
  23. Wireworm5

Signs You may have gone off the Audio Deep End

Your starving because you can't part with critical listening long enough to make something to eat. :yes:
  24. Wireworm5

Music with or without video?

That's an interesting question. I watch tv with close captioning all the time and it definitely detracts from focusing on the music 100%.I also find having a bright light off to the side detracts from listening. But I think with concert video's that this isn't the case because when you see...
  25. Wireworm5

Signs You may have gone off the Audio Deep End

If you need professional help for your audio fixation/s. You first have to determine if you have a problem. What are some indicators that we should seek help? :scratch2: Two that I can think of: You have 5 different formats of DSOTM Your idea of jewellry is a 14 carat diamond tipped stylus.
Back
Top Bottom