Search results

1. HTHMAN

Outdoor antenna basics for shop system in metal building

A little off base, but have you considered internet radio? With iHeart and other services you can probably get your locals and Pandora and others bring you about anything you want. Might be as simple as plugging your phone in while in the shop. I have an indoor antenna and Alexa hooked to a...
  2. HTHMAN

Opinions on the vintage boomboxes

I bought mine as a sale or DC'd product. Did not pay near that.
  3. HTHMAN

Opinions on the vintage boomboxes

I had that exact model. It was actually pretty good sounding. It was workshop music for many years.
  4. HTHMAN

The Greatest Year in Classic Rock 'n' Roll...

Looks like 67-76 is over 95% of the votes. Add in 77-79 and we assume nobody liked any music from other eras.
  5. HTHMAN

Artists and bands used to be able to put on a show without all the audio enhancements that came later. They did not have to lip sync to replicate their music. Of course, that is not a blanket statement, but it applies to many over the years.
  6. HTHMAN

I voted 69-73 mainly because of my age at the time. I was just out of college. This was before TV and music videos became important. We concentrated on the music and the equipment. The stereo was always on. The bands and artists could actually do a live concert. Others will vote for the...
  7. HTHMAN

Need a Shop Vac

I have a couple ShopVac brand and a Craftsman from the 70's. All work fine. My biggest complaint with all shop vacs is the pleated filters that plug up so quickly. My old Craftsman uses a paper bag over a cloth filter and also not the best idea.
  8. HTHMAN

Are lower EV prices tempting?

Guess he should have driven a Pinto.
  9. HTHMAN

Seeing that Tesla go over the cliff in California and having all four passengers survive impresses me on the cage construction.
  10. HTHMAN

Best MCS tables ?

I have an MCS 6603 which is a rebadged Technics SL-D2. Good, solid deck.
  11. HTHMAN

It is possible that by 2035 or whatever target date for new cars, they could possibly be fusion powered and all our speculation on EVs is wasted. Steam power!!!
  12. HTHMAN

I found my remote

When I moved to my new house, I carefully packed all my equipment along with the appropriate remotes. I had an older Yamaha AVR in a secondary system and when I got around to hooking it up in the basement of the new house, the remote was missing. After a couple months of digging thru every...
  13. HTHMAN

Crazy as it may sound, you can easily hit $20K for a new on course golf cart and about half that for a dressed up refurbished used one. By the time you make it street legal, you have bought a car.
  14. HTHMAN

I have noticed a lot of ads from Chevrolet primarily about EVs. What I noted was the relatively low price in the $20's for a small EV. For me, an EV would be as a second vehicle for around town driving. Anyone considering this, and what would be your target price?
  15. HTHMAN

Let's talk car audio - what did/do you have?

It used to be that the first thing I did to my new car was rip out the crappy factory system and replace it. With the new dashes with the integrated display screens, it is all but impossible. That said, I have been quite happy with the JBL systems in my last two Toyotas and the Harman Kardon...
  16. HTHMAN

Installed a new radio. What a pain

On the new cars with the integrated tablet stuck on the dash displays, replacing a radio is pretty much a thing of the past.
  17. HTHMAN

Car repair used to be cheap and simple

They changed bodies in 70. Maybe addressed the issue.
  18. HTHMAN

Car repair used to be cheap and simple

Talk about engineering, I had a 1969 Road Runner. The steering column was right in front of one of the spark plugs. You could not even get a socket on it. Talk about excess labor.
  19. HTHMAN

... "on the toilet" Song Title Subversion

A Taste of Honey On The Toilet - Herb Alpert & the TJ Brass
  20. HTHMAN

Happy Birthday HTHMAN!

Thanks to all...
  21. HTHMAN

Music editing

This pretty much sums up a lot of our discussions.
  22. HTHMAN

How big is too big?

This cycle has occurred before. Sure, bigger gives you more space, storage and comfort. When gas is cheap, we gravitate toward them. Remember in the past when gas went up and we had the gas guzzler buy back? Dealers could not give away a large SUV. We all want the most we can afford to buy...
  23. HTHMAN

Does average over-the-air sound quality justify a tuner?

I have a couple local stations that sound pretty good. In my car, the receiver has HD radio. I can switch it in and out and can hear no difference at all.
  24. HTHMAN

CD "skips" drops out.

Does your unit have an AUX input? If so, you could hook a Diskman up to it.
Back
Top Bottom