Search results

1. Randy Quad

Tivoli audio PAL BT - no sound at all

Hi, I know this is an old thread - but do you still have your PAL? I need some help with mine: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/do-you-have-a-tivoli-ipal-and-can-you-take-a-picture-for-me.887599/ basically there are four wires that are all snapped and I need to know what order...
  2. Randy Quad

Do you have a Tivoli iPal and can you take a picture for me?

Hi everyone I have this great little Tivoli iPal that has served me super well over the last... gosh, probably more than 15 years. The other day I noticed it wasn't picking up AM any more and it must have taken a nasty fall because when I opened up the cast to inspect the situation I found...
  3. Randy Quad

Factory auto tape deck channel out?

this seems to happen to just about every auto-reverse tape deck. maybe i'll just replace the unit. thanks!
  4. Randy Quad

Factory auto tape deck channel out?

I got a sweet truck last weekend and the stereo actually sounds pretty good. The tape deck is one of those auto-reversing jobs that always seems to lose a channel. I want to use a tape-adapter to run an I-pod. What is the repair? One of those head cleaning tapes?
  5. Randy Quad

A+B vs A,B

:thmbsp: Ah haaaaa! Thank you all for preventing me from making this mistake. This is the greatest community site of all time.
  6. Randy Quad

A+B vs A,B

Folks - About to rig three rooms into my QX-949A in stereo mode. Want to have two 6ohm speakers on speaker B and four 8ohm speakers wired in parallel on speaker set A. I know it'll be a 4ohm load on A. What is the difference between A+B and A,B. On the back of my receiver it says...
  7. Randy Quad

best online photo shareing site?

fellow combatants - i recently returned from a family wedding in mexico and my relatives took about a million awesome pictures. what is your favorite site for sharing digital images? think of something user friendly as many of my relatives have no idea how to resize pictures or to convert them...
  8. Randy Quad

Need Tech help with Pioneer QX-747

i have the 949a schematic but as a novice myself i do not know how similar they might be. let me know if i can be of assistance.
  9. Randy Quad

AK Pioneer Manual Scans: Major expansion - over 1,400 scans added.

thank you guys so much. i know how long it takes to scan a few pictures and the amount of time that must have gone into 1400 manuals is unfathomable. i also have experience with the tediousness of creating online databases and i really appreciate all of the efforts that you put into the...
  10. Randy Quad

Can you identify this single malt?

very interesting :yes:
  11. Randy Quad

Newbie questions

marantz quadraphonic decoders were better than pioneer decoders.... so if you are into quadraphonic recordings look into marantz.
  12. Randy Quad

Can you identify this single malt?

i tried hard by scanning through online whiskey shops and trying to adjust the contrast/enhancement of the image on photo shop. sorry to let you down. there was an interesting scotch on LOST the other night too. http://www.hospitalityguild.com/Links/Scotch%20labels.htm
  13. Randy Quad

brings a tear to my eye. the dead sing the national anthem!

oh please do. i have my dad's lp of working man's dead framed in my room. remember the seinfeld episode where people keep dropping what they are doing when a particular song comes on the radio? uncle john's band does it for me.:drool:
  14. Randy Quad

Pioneer Kabuki? Not so much

a friend of mine has these hooked into his television. he has some sort of old studio monitor that has banana plugs for speaker outputs in the back. anyway - i think they are respectable. they do a number for background music at parties and they fill the room very well with sound. they look...
  15. Randy Quad

brings a tear to my eye. the dead sing the national anthem!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn7UB2FtrIE&mode=related&search= check out this guy's other videos, he has lots of grateful footage. :thmbsp:
  16. Randy Quad

hotaling's whiskey

i dont know what the current market price it. the whiskey shop on union has one bottle for 135 and then royal liquor has about five out for 70. nasty nasty stuff - tastes like burnt dirt. but supposedly authentic to the recipe, technique and process as the 1900s whiskey.
  17. Randy Quad

hotaling's whiskey

dear whiskey drinkers - two years ago the anchor steam distillery (of anchor steam brewing) put out a special edition of their Old Potrero whiskey dubbed Hotaling's Whiskey. The concept was the duplicate the san franciscan distiller's recipe as it was at the time time of the 1906...
  18. Randy Quad

bi-wire theory

say you have bi-wired speakers with terminal sets 1 (high) and 2 (low) and your amp has two speaker outputs A and B. when you use both speaker outputs at once doesn't that split the power between the speaker terminals? the amp would be powering twice as many speakers right? so a 100 watt amp...
  19. Randy Quad

bi-wire theory

great article. summed up just about all my questions.
  20. Randy Quad

bi-wire theory

I am going to read riverrat's article. basically what is important to me at this point is that if speakers are set up to accept bi-wire they will still operate without it. did i gather that right? i tried the search function but it only came up with two unhelpful threads. i'll google it...
  21. Randy Quad

bi-wire theory

well? what is the point? start at the beginning, what is it? :dunno: :headscrat:
  22. Randy Quad

repair shop in SF Bay Area?

late post, but for the record: L&M did a fine job on my qx-949a. i understand that it is a very tricky piece to work on and the fella there admitted that he hadn't worked on one in over 20 years, but all of the problems were fixed. L&M is across from the cow palace in daily city. that's in...
  23. Randy Quad

international sales

depends on the voltage right? I'm sure converters are available.
  24. Randy Quad

international sales

I already own a pair of S-A4SPT-PM's and i'd like to collect the entire set. I'm currently fantasizing about getting two sets of the 300's for a 5.1. the specs aren't great - and they are certainly over priced for what they are - but they are stunning and i am very, very vain. on top of that...
Back
Top Bottom