Search results

1. D

Seymour Duncan 84-40 Bias

Hey guys, I just acquired an 84-40 to practice with. It's in great shape and works well. Since it has the original tubes, it's time to change to a fresh set of output tubes. I have a matched quad of JJ el 84's and also a matched quad of Tungsram. I need to bias this sucker up, it has a bias...
  2. D

Tesla E83CC, any opinions?

Since I can't afford the Tele Ecc803, it's a known fact that the Tesla E83CC is built on the same gear that the Tele was. Any owners of this tube willing to share their experience?
  3. D

Listening room mods!

Just got a house and I get the basement room to play with and turn into a listening room. Dimensions are small by american standards (20'x11'x7') but it still beats a bedroom as an option! Because of a stair case at the back of the room, I'll end up shortening the room to 17'x11'x7'. What...
  4. D

Who will the Lions draft with the 1st overall pick in 2009???

Will they follow in Millen's footsteps or will they do right by their fans and pick the best cheerleader available?
  5. D

System Placement and SPL Meter!

I wish I had an SPL meter to actually take "on axis" measurements and "off axis" measurements to properly set-up the component rack. Has anyone ever taken such readings to install their rack/components? BTW, I know (as newman stated) that room nodes (excess bass in one location) can...
  6. D

Bolly said it, in chat!!!!!!

Not all electrohome gear is best! This is a sad day in the world of audio :(! What has the world come to? I don't understand no more!!!
  7. D

Ban Dnewman04

Newman gave me 12 Wes Montgomery albums dating from 1960-66 (Verve, Riverside and Liberty labels) in near mint condition, all of them! What more can I say?
  8. D

Which tweaks have you tried out?

For all it's worth, tweaking can be a cheap way to upgrade your system's performance. It can also be a money pit when they don't quite cut it. We may all have boxes of extra cables, connectors, footers... Which are the ones you've liked the most on your system? Those I will always keep...
  9. D

Who is blessed with "Golden Ears"?

Just a thought and wondering if there are more members that have "it" when it comes to the "golden ear" syndrome! Of course, I know I am not blessed with this ability but would love to hear from those who are. What sets you apart and how did you know you have "it"! I have seen many posts...
  10. D

MP3! Any good ones?

Looking for a decent mp3 portable player. Are there any "good bang for the buck" players under 100$?
  11. D

System set-up, tweaking and fine tuning!

It seems to me there are fundamentals that should perhaps be discussed and understood before we forge an opinion on the merits/failures of a possible upgrade. How many here care enough to actually take the time to set-up the system correctly (solid connexions,routed cables, level...
  12. D

What Not To Do!!!

If you ever try sneaking in a new component by the wife, never, ever buy a piece whose "pilot light" matches her appliances display! How dumb can I be? Ask the wifey ;)!!!!!!!!
  13. D

Motown's RAT PAK

Led by the Protector, Motown's "rat pak" came through with flying colours for this fantastic fest. Where else do you have an opportunity to see tinkerers (deaf ones too like newman) display their prototypes? I was just floored by the arsenal of gear these guys soldered up to make this such an...
  14. D

Nakamichi Dragon cassette deck!

Well I got lucky and landed one of these on the last stop at a yard sale. It works too but didn't come with boxes/manual. What do I have to do to make sure it's in good working condition ? I was never into cassettes so I feel like a total newbie! Any info you guys can give me would be really...
  15. D

Advice on tt's around 300$

I have a friend who has just joined AK but because of server migration and the sheer number of new members, he cannot yet post! He's looking for a tt that would be around 300$ and these are the tt's he's interested in: (there are quite a few ) Yamaha YPD71, YPD8, PF 800, PX 3 (100$) Denon...
  16. D

Great vocalist but......I can't stand him/her....

For me, one of the best voices I've heard in my life happens to be one I can't stand! Sadly with all his talent and this guy has pipes, soul and all the attributes to be the best! I can't listen to him for more than 15 seconds at a time : Al Jarreau! As much as he can bring to the table, he...
  17. D

Montreal HiFi Show AK'ers!!!

Well, i finally met my first AK member at the montreal show this weekend, it happened to be Ron C of McIntosh Labs :banana: !!! What a way to start a show :). you may as well start with a bang and ron's set-up delivered it in spades :thmbsp: !!! imagine the 2Kw amps supplying a multiple array...
  18. D

don't you just hate it when

you rip your gear into pieces, repair it and then put it back together to have a listen! only then do you realize you forgot a piece or two :scratch2: ! well, one of my A-25 was sounding bad, took it apart, rewired the tweeter, screw everything back in, connect it, start to listen and see all...
  19. D

another dynaco a25 XL crossover question!

i'm refurbishing an old pair of a25 xl's and i'll be reworking the crossover components. it's a simple crossover with an 8 uf capacitor and 3 resistors (2.2, 3.9 and 15 ohms). has anybody got an idea of ths inductor's value? i would like to change the inductors on the xo but keep the same value...
Back
Top Bottom