Search results

1. F

12au7 phase inverter (modern) tube??

Triod... that's what i did, swapped out tube and have had no issues and buzzing is gone. Just wondering now, about new 12au7 tubes that might sound sweet in the phase inverter slot?
  2. F

Gadget..thanks for the info. I wish I understood "electronics" better. If i ever get this serviced i will mention it. could it just have been a matter of that particular tube going bad. The other phase inverter tubes i have, work well.
  3. F

There was a Buzzing sound coming out of the speakers. When i looked at the tube, it was bright (hot) towards the bottom of the tube. When i cnaged it out, the next tube worked well and no more buzzing.
  4. F

Hi guys, it's for an old Harman Kardon A300 integrated amp
  5. F

Hi gang. Well, recently, my nos RFT 12au7 tube was not working well, so i took it out. I do have other 12au7's that i use for the phase inverter tube slot. I have older Toshiba and Miniwatt (both made in Japan), as well as reissue Tung sol and Mullard. Of the bunch my least favourite is the...
  6. F

Picked up the last Plasma Panasonic made

Brian...omg, i had forgotten about the who "gas escaping " thing..so true. The plasms that i've had, all had a "glossy" screen, which i actually like. I know, they reflect a bit more, but that's ok. I think because it reminds me a bit of tube tv's, that's why i like the glossy look. I created a...
  7. F

Older plasma models (silver bezel)..just as good?

Ross, thanks for the reply. I do know that they do kick out some heat...which i'm ok with and helps to heat the house in winter! Hahaha. I was wondering, did yours have the small fans in the back? If so, did you hear them when they where on? Always wondered about those fans... I should have...
  8. F

Older plasma models (silver bezel)..just as good?

Hello everyone, and Happy New Year! Having just replied to another post about plasmas, it's peaked my interest again, and might consider a spare tv, to replace the piece of junk, 65" visio i have now! I cam across an older plasma, it's a 50" TH-50PX60u. It has the silver bezel and silver U...
  9. F

Picked up the last Plasma Panasonic made

Bruce..... as we start this new year, opening this post, has brought new life in me! Haha I thought i may be one of the few that still has a love-affair with Plasma tv's! Growing up, i fell in love with our old Sony xbr2 tube tv. It was big, heavy, had huge side speakers and at the time...
  10. F

Got a ski equipment question..

Hi everyone, i was hoping to get some info about alpine ski boots/bindings? I've had my HEAD skis for close to 20 years now. I still like then and their still in good shape. I have tyrolia (D8 Free Flex) bindings on them and have a pair of Solomon Evolution boots. I was thinking of maybe...
  11. F

"pop" sound when turning off tube amp...

Thanks gang. In terms of installation, can i just install it at the end of the switch/button wires? Is there a polarity to it?
  12. F

S-peterson...so is it one one type, or one rating for any type of unit? Does it go by thr rating of the amp? Thanks
  13. F

S-peterson....what do these caps look like? What ratings should i look for? Do you have a link as to what they are? Thanks Fab
  14. F

Boochie...yes. J always lower the bolume to 0, before shutting it off and it still pops.
  15. F

hi gang. i have seen a post here about a "pop" sound ( coming out of speakers, no matter in input) when shutting off amp. I have this situation (fairly often" when shutting off my old HK integrated amp (300A). As was mentioned, it would be good to install an arc supressor (disc cap) on the...
  16. F

Tube question.....

Good points all around. Thanks again. My old Hk 300a has a total of 9 tubes. 4 power tubes (6v6), 4 preamp (12ax7) and 1 phase inverter (12au7). Interesting thing is that i notice some changes in every department. For now i've settled on a nos rtf phase inverter...like the sound. I have...
  17. F

Tube question.....

I've always heard that reamp tubes and phase inverter tubes (especially), make a big difference. Maybe it's a combination of everything???
  18. F

Tube question.....

Thanks for all the replies. Dswankey....it's a good question too...do the power tubes make a big difference? I'm curious about vintage tubes. Right now, i have newer "reissue) jj and tung sol power tubes. I do notice a slight difference between the two. In that respect, do vintage ones sound...
  19. F

Tube question.....

I have a question concerning not only power tubes, but tubes in general. What is more important when picking tubes...that the values match or are extremely close OR that they are of the same brand (lets say in a pair, or a quad)? I've seen vintage tubes for sale, although their values (ie:a...
  20. F

Tubes made in Japan...where do they rank?

Ds..... I Rolled them out. I put back in the Tungsol's (in all spots, including 12au7). It sounded okay. I the tried EH in 12ax7 and had a bit more lower-end, but found it was missing some details. I ended up going back to original setup..with Svetana's in 12ax7 slits with RFT in phase inverter...
  21. F

Lp-thorn....that's exactly the Toshiba tube i have...with less markings on it. Haha. Like I mentioned, it's in the phase-inverter spot.
  22. F

Ceylon... yes, the only marking i can see on the moniwatt is on the sidewall, in the middle of the tube. There seems to be Q I printed..but not side-by-side...but one on top of the other. You can see it in a pic i posted in the thread.
  23. F

I believe the miniwatt i have, has the tilted (up) getter. Never seen that before.
  24. F

Thanks for the great input gang. I decided to listen to both the miniwatt and Toshiba with a little Journey (Steve Perry). The miniwatt sounded nice, maybe a bit better than the Toshiba, i found. I have to say the RFT just sounds so nice in that slot! Great soundstange, nice highs, smooth mids...
  25. F

Hi guys, well, seems like these tubes are kinda special. Will have to give them another whirl. As for the markings.... what i can see on the Miniwatt is the code "Q I " and on the Toshiba "7A"
Back
Top Bottom