Search results

1. N

List the top 3 best sounding speakers you have ever owned.

Sequerra pyramid metronome Thiel cs3.6 Yamaha ns1000m
  2. N

List the top 3 best sounding speakers you have ever owned.

1- thiel cs3.6 I've only had these for a little while so far but they are fantastic if you have enough power and especially current. Awesome bass, soundstage width and depth, timbre etc... they really dont do much wrong. My room is around 22 ft wide and around 50 ft long( half of my basement)...
  3. N

Anyone have or know about Amrita Audio speakers?

I recently picked up a set of allegra towers. So far they sound fantastic. Does anyone have the specs or any other info about them? The one pic I can find that has the specs is nearly impossible to read.
  4. N

Budget Audiophile Speakers.... Help me choose

For that price I would consider vintage for sure. check out Craigslist and other sale sitest as well as resale shops, thrift stores and pawn shops. As far as vintage that can be had for that price. Advent large advent, original, 1, smaller advent. Epi 100, m50, Genesis equivalent as well...
  5. N

Ensemble by Henry Kloss

I just picked up a set of the original ones without switches on the satellite speakers and 2 passive subs as well as a set of the matching surround speakers. I figure 50.00 for everything was worth a gamble. They all are workng, I just haven't set up the entire system yet to give them an...
  6. N

Satellite speakers for Bose Acoustimass 5 Series ii bass module ?

I used some small yamaha satellites with one a while back with good results as well as a set of minimus 7's. Both better than the bose cubes.
  7. N

Avoid The Stereo Exchange in Chicago.

He will also give you a realistic time frame on when things will be fixed up front. I think the longest I had to wait ever was around a two months which they told me up front.
  8. N

Avoid The Stereo Exchange in Chicago.

Sorry to hear about your experience with them. I don't have much to add besides you are better off driving a couple hours or less north instead to appleton, WI for service. My friends and I have been using sound world in appleton for service for years. Their tech Rick listens to what he's told...
  9. N

Speaker ID please

I am gonna guess they are scott speakers.
  10. N

Acoustic Research Holographic Imaging M.5

I have a pair of .5's as well and would agree they are pretty great considering the price size driver size etc. Good bass for their size. I also found a spare .5 at goodwill a while back. So I have some spare parts should I need them.
  11. N

just bought a kenwood kr-7400

Hi. I ended up using it for quite some time without repair. I sold it quite some time ago.
  12. N

help id speakers before they hit the dumpster

Top could be Jensen possibly?
  13. N

main system

Nice system's. I like seeing everyone's work benches or work areas as well. I do have to say i feel sorry for that power conditioner under that huge Rotel amplifier. looks like an elephant riding on top of a small dog if i were to make a comparison. LOL
  14. N

Speaker ID

Oh well you could always load them with some nice jbl drivers. the cabinets look great either way.
  15. N

Thinking about going with all active speakers

One company that actually makes very nice amplified speakers for surround sound is meridian. They also make nice surround processors as well to match up with the rest of the system.
  16. N

Todays find Advents

Nice score. Type this in in n ebay search and you will have the correct surround from looneytoon2001 aka Rick cobb. BEST Speaker Foam Surround Repair kit New Large Advent. I have used his kits on a few sets of advents with great results.
  17. N

Need a Large Advent part.

Oh either way two different sets of speakers. LOL
  18. N

Need a Large Advent part.

You are looking at two different members pics of 2 different sets of speakers. Jim west pa is the one that posted his pic of 5002's with a fuse holder on the back. Pandovski posted a pic of his nla's.
  19. N

Bose AM-5 Sub

They sound bad when you don't have anything else playing along with them. they sound ok when paired with a smaller set of speakers like some minimus 7's or something similar. I would think it has to throw out some lower midrange as their cube speakers really are not much more than glorified...
  20. N

Bose AM-5 Sub

i opened p a later acoustimass 7 woofer set up that i got and a similar crossover/protection circuit is in place for the satellites and i believe the woofers run full range on mine and the bandpass box most likely dictates the woofers mechanical "crossover point".
  21. N

Canton CT-800

I have quite a bit of listening experience with a set of ct-1000's which were excellent IMHO. The factory canton stands had them tilted back a bit and were around 10"-12" tall. Your speakers are a smaller size and should most likely be positioned a bit higher. I don't think anything really...
  22. N

Another Original Large Advent find

Nla woofers for sure in original large advent beveled walnut cabinets. One of the owners along the way could have called advent for repairs due to bad surrounds and received a newer set of ola woofers to replace the original masonite woofers. They sound very similar and as long as you have...
  23. N

Want a small system for my office HELP

Powered monitors like the audioengine speakers would be a good fit and are decently priced.
  24. N

Pioneer SB22 vs. ?

I agree. Worst listening environment/display ever, they may as well be playing from the bottom of a toilet as they all sound like s$#t there.
  25. N

Are MS-50's real "Missions"?

Sounds cool. My brother has my set of ms-50's for rear surrounds in his 5.1 set up and they do an excellent job there. I agree with others good sound not a ton of bass but good for their size.
Back
Top Bottom