Search results

1. belleaudb

Motorola SK14 2 piece console.

I'm going to look at a Motorola sk14 with the companion speaker. I've worked on a lot of Magnavox tube and SS equipment. I've found a schematic for the Motorola and I know it uses the VM 1201 changer. This unit doesn't have the dealer installed optional tuner. No big deal as I play mostly...
  2. belleaudb

Akai GX-280D SS RTR

What issues are you having? I have the same deck, packed away as a backup. My main deck is a GX265D.
  3. belleaudb

What are you listening to on your reel to reel right now?

Sound City soundtrack
  4. belleaudb

David Seville's 1958 V-M top of the line tape recorder

I'm pretty sure the model in the picture is an AMPEX 350.
  5. belleaudb

Ella Fitzgerald Sings the Jerome Kern Song Book. On my Sony TC-666D
  6. belleaudb

What tape (any format) are you playing now?

Cat Stevens greatest hits Reel to Reel on my Sony TC666D
  7. belleaudb

SONY TC-650

That's a nice deck. Slightly newer vintage than my TC-666D. Look inside, especially at the power and relay boards. If you see any of these and they are swollen, they need to be replaced. Use a .1mfd 400v poly capacitor in series with a 120ohm 1 watt resistor. My deck had slow playback issues...
  8. belleaudb

Magnavox 59-24-00 preamp crosstalk and other issue

I've recently developed a problem with crosstalk between left and right channels. Also noticing NO bass on the right channel. The problem is without a doubt in the tuner/preamp as I have a monoblock setup. This is a 59-24-00 tuner/preamp originally from a 1st611 console. The issue is...
  9. belleaudb

Show me your Mid-Century Modern consoles please!

2 piece Magnavox set My custom made (from 2 mono) Magnavox Stereo setup. 1955 and 1954 mono consoles. Left Channel speaker and record storage: Right channel and main unit: More info in a separate post.
  10. belleaudb

1954 and 1955 Magnavox project

I posted this on a Magnavox forum, but thought someone here might be inspired to save some lower end Magnavox consoles. Some Magnavox purists might be upset for what I have done. But I took 2 units and made a stereo set. First was a 1955 CP251B phonograph only unit. Which I got for...
  11. belleaudb

1955 Voice of Music Here is another one of mine. I got it free, recapped it. Sanded/filled the gouges in the cabinet and repainted it. Built October 24, 1955
  12. belleaudb

1955 Magnavox CP251B My "new" 1955 Magnavox CP251B. Came with all the original paperwork and receipts dated Jan 10, 1956. Loud and impressive with great bass and high end. However I will replace the heavy tracking early model Collaro with a later model Micromatic.
  13. belleaudb

Jimmie Lunceford in HIFI on 2 track reel tape from 1957. On my 1968 Voice of Music 1098 Console.
  14. belleaudb

reel finds? Wolfman Jack Graffiti show?

I just purchased a lot of reel tapes from a collector estate in California. In the box I found 3 tapes, in plain white boxes. They have typewritten labels saying Show 97 Hour 1 Graffiti Gold Show. Also Hour 2 and Hour 3. So far I have only listened to tape 1. I think it is 2 track 7.5 ips...
  15. belleaudb

MAGNAVOX KD1201: help with a "loose/intermittent cart"?

You can replace the cartridge. Use a Pfanstiehl P409D. You will need to remove the actual cartridge from the headshell, it's glued or double taped in. RatShack sells the P409D.
  16. belleaudb

Noise Reduction and rtr

I use the DBX SNR-1. Variable Frequency Noise Reduction. Can be used for recording or playback. Doesn't require encoded tapes to work. Also sold as the DAK Dak-1 or BSR Dak-1. You can search the internet for more information.
  17. belleaudb

Sony TC399 head cover

I'm looking for a head cover for my Sony TC399. Are there any covers that will interchange and fit? Thanks!
  18. belleaudb

Transistor substutitions?

It's a 68 Silvertone Console, lots of sentimental reasons to keep it running. One channel weak and DC offset is very high. Ruled out preamp section as issue. Been recapped. NTE179 specs: Collector–Emitter Voltage, VCEO 40V Collector–Base Voltage, VCB 90V Emitter–Base Volatge, VEB...
  19. belleaudb

Transistor substutitions?

I need to replace 4 T370 transistors. They cross reference to: NTE179 which are quite expensive. I'm looking for a substitute. They are Germanium T03 package. Can anyone offer suggestions that won't cost so much? Thanks.
  20. belleaudb

Amplifier Distortion, DC-Offset, and You!

Well my 1968 Silvertone console 3070, Chassis 528.64230: Left channel is weaker than right and lacks bass. Switched wires for left/right to verify speakers are OK. Tested before speaker switches. Left: 178mv Right: 141mv Guess I'll have to replace output transistors. There is no bias...
  21. belleaudb

Grundig 9098 Console?

I'm planning on purchasing the following, but wanted to know more. The person wants $100.00 for it. Anyone have info? I searched and cannot find anything. It seems to have a drinks cabinet as well. Thanks!
Back
Top Bottom