Search results

1. NotTheDoubtr

My Pioneer PL-530 is Toast?

My first turntable since I started collecting. I'm regretting buying this turntable off ebay. The problems listed in the add sounded like easy enuf fixes; the tonarm doesn't land properly on the lead-in track; the cartridge needed replacing; works in manual mode only, no automatic function...
  2. NotTheDoubtr

Pioneer Turntables

Ok, here are my first youtube video attempts and also my first attempt at inserting a link here at AK. Top view of my PL-530, what its doing (or not doing as the case may be). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xBcAJEwGvY Bottom view with the base removed...
  3. NotTheDoubtr

Pioneer Turntables

Who is the best...repairman? sorry...I'm a little bit punchy...been working on my PL-530 all day. Think there are some serious linkage problems going on. Will post more later. NTD
  4. NotTheDoubtr

Pioneer Turntables

"Computer, Computer - on my desk, when it comes to Pioneer turntables, who is the best?" :scratch2: NTD
  5. NotTheDoubtr

Pioneer PL-530 Tonearm Elevation Issues

Yeah, I'm comfortable with cracking the unit open for an inspection. Just don't know where to start...I mean, like which screws first, and so on. It would really help if there was a video showing the process I could look at before doing it myself. Thanks...NTD
  6. NotTheDoubtr

I just checked that exact thing: I checked it on 12" LP setting with the arm raised and the landing area had to be adjusted. When I was satisfied it would land in the right spot...I let it go for a test run. The arm fell short as if it was dropped too early - about a half inch. Then it bounced...
  7. NotTheDoubtr

Has anyone ever experienced their PL-530 Tonearm NOT raising at end of play as the tonearm returns to it's arm rest position? Better yet, has anyone ever documented their repair of this issue? On video? I've found the area of the service manual that covers what is supposed to happen...
  8. NotTheDoubtr

Pioneer SA-8100 Power Switch Light Bulb

Thanks ryuuoh. I've ordered 2 replacement lamps w/wires from dgwojo (one for back-up). Now all I need to do is figure out how to connect and mount it. I wonder if there's a YouTube video on this? :scratch2: Thanks...NTD
  9. NotTheDoubtr

Pioneer SA-8100 Power Switch Light Bulb

Does anyone know where I can buy, or where I can find, a replacement bulb for my Pioneer SA-8100 Amp's Power Indicator Light? :scratch2: Thanks...NTD
  10. NotTheDoubtr

Problem W/ Pioneer SA-8100 Aux.2 - Rt. Ch. In

Good info guys, thanks. While I wait for my DeOxit kit, let me ask a question...how tough would it be to aquire a replacement bulb for the SA-8100's power switch? Figure I might as well replace the bad bulb when I have the unit open for the DeOx job. Thanks...NTD
  11. NotTheDoubtr

Thanks tek. I checked the cords & jacks with the phono 2 in, they're OK. But the DVD patched into the phono 2 sounds very distorted - I chalked that up to the phono preamp built into the SA-8100. Since my earlier post I've patched the DVD into the Tape 1 Mono jacks and found the DVD sounds...
  12. NotTheDoubtr

Have my DVD Audio out going to my Aux.2 in. Its been working fine till two days ago - Rt. Channel went dead. Have narrowed the problem down to the Rt. Ch. In on my Pioneer SA-8100 Aux.2. Aux.1, Phono 1, Phono 2 & Tuner in jacks and speaker lines are all working properly. The whole unit needs...
  13. NotTheDoubtr

Possibly the most critical element in listening rooms and we never discuss it: what d

I also have a Architectural/Engineering background. I don't know of any design websites like AK. But...When I have trouble picturing (in my mind's eye) what a room could look like all re-arranged - I always go for my trusty pencil (w/eraser), scale and graph paper (all can be picked up at...
  14. NotTheDoubtr

Trying to understand "Cartridge Output Voltage"

Thanks Thanks y'all. I appreciate your help...NTD
  15. NotTheDoubtr

Trying to understand "Cartridge Output Voltage"

Where is 'Output Voltage' generated and what generates it? How much attention needs to be paid to this number when choosing a cartridge for a particular turntable - like a Pioneer PL-530? NTD
  16. NotTheDoubtr

Cartridge Recommendations for a PL-530

I recently bought a Pioneer PL-530 Direct Drive Turntable. :banana: Immediate problem is the Shure 5X Cartridge & Stylus are totally trashed & need to be replaced. The Manual says the replacement cartridge weight should be between 4 - 14.5 grams, but that's the only criteria it gives. Does...
  17. NotTheDoubtr

Problem W/PL-530 Tonearm Position

Excellent!! Thank you guys!
  18. NotTheDoubtr

Problem W/PL-530 Tonearm Position

Hi Y'all, I'm thinking of picking up a PL-530, which is in need of work to correct several issues. It needs a good cleaning, lube and tune-up including a new cartridge & stylus. Most of the other problems are only cosmetic and need time & patience to remedy. The one thing I'm on edge about...
  19. NotTheDoubtr

Cleaners/De-Oxidizers for Beginners

Duh! Dat's me. :yes: Thanks Bluesky. ^5
  20. NotTheDoubtr

Cleaners/De-Oxidizers for Beginners

I’m looking for recommendations on the best de-oxidizers and cleaners for electronics, i.e.; pots & jacks. I know of acetone, but when de-oxidizers was looked up there was about twenty choices - and that was just one Electronic Parts & Supply Store. :scratch2: Any help would be much...
  21. NotTheDoubtr

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

One of the things that I give thanks for is all of the people in AK who are so generous with their knowledge and experience with Vintage Audio. Thank you. And God bless. :banana:
  22. NotTheDoubtr

What's The Best Model TX Tuner To Go W/SA-8100 Amp?

That's what I figure too. But today a guy told me that the 7100 was a better match electronically. I'm just wondering if that was smoke. Thanks...NTD
  23. NotTheDoubtr

What's The Best Model TX Tuner To Go W/SA-8100 Amp?

What's The Best TX Tuner Match For A SA-8100 Amp? I'm getting conflicted recommendations on this. I would have guessed it'd be a 8000 series TX, but that's just a guess. Is there a best match electronically? Thanks...NTD
  24. NotTheDoubtr

Collecting The 1st System

:no:I meant no offense. I kinda like the glow of blue myself.:yes: NTD
  25. NotTheDoubtr

Can a SX series receiver be connected to a SA series Amp for use of the SX's tuner...

LOL I've been called and accused of many things...but never that Sir. I do want the SX for it's tuner for favorite radio programs. But, in the back of my mind I was thinking of ways to shape the sound while recording...like using the jack on the SX to mic a guitar amp, line out to an EQ for...
Back
Top Bottom