Search results

1. Compwaco

Is there a good Pro Sound amp for serious listening?

I am considering purchasing a commercial grade amp to give to my grandson. He is into really loud rock and plays in a band. It would be nice if I could use it for a couple of years and then pass it on to him. (Stage 4 cancer looks like I have about 2 years left) My question is are any of the...
  2. Compwaco

Best DAC under $150

What are your ideas on new DACs under $150? I am leaning towards an ifi Zen Air. What else should I be looking at? All input is appreciated.
  3. Compwaco

Minidsp ideas and options

I am considering purchasing a minidsp to xover, integrate and adjust a passive subwoofer. Are there other similar devices that are preferred? What is the current thought on these? Input appreciated
  4. Compwaco

78 RIAA ?

I know that there were a few changes in the RIAA equalization standard over the years. What is the correct version for 78's? Or is it something completely different? I'm setting up a 78 system and am hoping to get the best sound I can.
  5. Compwaco

3.1 amp or receiver that is good for music

I need to set up a basic 3.1 system for the TV in our bedroom. There is not a lot of extra room so it will also be the music system. I do not need video switching. An integrated amp, receiver or preamp would all be acceptable. The primary concern is that it sounds good on 2.1 for music.
  6. Compwaco

Recommendations for new preamp

I would prefer solid state. I really need something that will be tinker free. The Akitika looks interesting and I know someone who would assemble it for me. (I can no longer do it myself because the Chemo makes me shake) Unfortunately, they are out of stock indefinitely.
  7. Compwaco

A Carver Crimson 275
  8. Compwaco

Phono and dac are easy to add so they really don't matter to me. Tone controls don't matter. As long as there is a tape loop I can use a dbx 200 to expand inputs.
  9. Compwaco

I am looking to purchase a new preamp. It needs to be reliable and have the basic features. No bare bones minimalist models I thought I had found one in the current emotiva. It seemed to do everything I wanted and then I noticed it did not have a tape loop. I am hoping to be in the $400 - $500...
  10. Compwaco

Subwoofer Ideas

The Sunfire is old. It has already been refreshed once. The boards and traces are getting brittle. I don't have time to play games. I need something new and reliable for a few years.
  11. Compwaco

Subwoofer Ideas

I am interested in purchasing a new sub. Because of health issues, I really don't have the time to mess with older projects like the Sunfire True Sub that I am using now. I am looking for something brand new that has a warranty and will be "tinker free" for a couple of years. It will never play...
  12. Compwaco

Polk SDA-1 upgrade to SDA-1A

I'm still looking for feedback from anyone who has heard before and after the SDA-1 to SDA-1a factory mod.
  13. Compwaco

Burning CDs for car

Yes... It is a 2007 Ford Freestyle. No USB port. I'm stuck with CDs. It seems that 192 will be the best compromise. Thanks for your input!
  14. Compwaco

Burning CDs for car

I am going to try to burn some MP3 audio CDs for use in my car. I have the upgraded ford factory system which sounds ok but nothing special. How low can the MP3 rate go before there is an audible difference? Any help is appreciated...
  15. Compwaco

Heavier Head Shell

I recently came into a turntable with an s-shaped tone arm that was missing its head shell. I have tried 6 different spares I have here and all of them are a bit too light to balance. (I also tried 3 different cartridges and they all were a bit light also) Is there a common standard head shell...
  16. Compwaco

There are quite a few upgrades I plan on making but I haven't received any feedback on this particular factory mod. Because it requires removing internal parts of the cabinet it wouldn't be easy to reverse if I didn't like it.
  17. Compwaco

The differences are mostly inner cabinet and a couple crossover changes.
  18. Compwaco

I have a pair of original SDA-1's and was wondering what improvements can be expected from doing the SDA-1A mod to them. (I have the instructions from the old Club Polk) I have already upgraded to the RDO-194 tweeters. Is the SDA-1A upgrade really an improvement?
  19. Compwaco

Identify mystery headshell & cartridges

I don't think it is either. It does seem awfully close. Any other ideas?
  20. Compwaco

Correct name for fasteners...

Yes! :banana: This is what I am looking for. What term should I search to find them?
  21. Compwaco

It is not T-Nuts. This picture is pretty close...
  22. Compwaco

I have an old Panasonic integrated amp with a wood case. The case is held on by the type of screws with a square piece with the corners tilted up that was common back in the early 1970's. I have never had these fasteners and now that I want to hook it up I need to find 4 of them. My question is...
  23. Compwaco

Identify mystery headshell & cartridges

I had reconstructive surgery on my shoulder last week and will spend 3 months lifting nothing heavier than a coffee cup. Now that the pain is settling down I am extremely bored. I didn't get most of my projects done ahead as I planned so now I am tinkering with some light stuff. Does anyone...
  24. Compwaco

Inexpensive Sub options for music...

I am looking for suggestions for a subwoofer that is good for music and under $150. Most of what I am finding speaks of "Thundering" and other video type descriptors. It will never play video and rarely even electronic music. I certainly don't want my cellos and string basses to sound...
  25. Compwaco

Tuning Knob for KLH Model 8 Radio

I ordered a knob from a fellow on Etsy. The pics make it look very close but I will see when it arrives. Hopefully it will look nice or it will be back to hunting for another. It would be easier if I could find a used original but that seems rather unlikely.
Back
Top Bottom