Search results

1. redbeard74

Which Speakers are You Using for Your Sansui Amps

My AU-9500 is connected to a pair of Sansui AS-100 and AS-300. I like the sound of the acoustic suspension speakers in this line.
  2. redbeard74

Acoustic Research AR12 value?

Thanks. I think I remember seeing that listing a couple years ago. Seems like the AR12 is one of the more rare AR models. I believe they were made in 1976.
  3. redbeard74

Acoustic Research AR12 value?

I have a pair in good condition and I’m wondering what the value would be? I can’t find anything on eBay but parts. I had them professionally restored a couple years ago. All drivers are original and working. I even have the original boxes. There’s not much info I have found on these. Any...
  4. redbeard74

Sansui AS 300's

No, but I need to. They are in two locations now. They might even be AS100's. Need to go check. It's probably a sign I have too much stuff when I can't remember the model numbers lol!
  5. redbeard74

Sansui AS 300's

I have a pair of AS-300 and a pair of AS-200. The 200's are in storage--I haven't listened to them much. The 300's are in my living room and I listen to them almost every day with an AU9500 amplifier. They are pretty large and heavy, with really cool grill fabric. I bought mine on epay, and the...
  6. redbeard74

I like the look of the grills you made for your AR12s. I have a pair I'm restoring and my foam...

I like the look of the grills you made for your AR12s. I have a pair I'm restoring and my foam grills are misshapen, to say the least. I'd like to make some just like yours. Where did you source the cloth? Thanks! Whit
  7. redbeard74

Sansui SP-1700 Speaker Advice

Sorry--couldn't respond on my phone for some reason, so I fired up the laptop. I'd look for an early Sansui integrated amp since you don't need a tuner. Something like an AU-555, AU-777, or AU-6500 you can't go wrong, really. Buy a unit that is restored or have someone restore it and you won't...
  8. redbeard74

AS-300 Speakers, need help completing my system

I have as-300's as well but haven't listened to them much so can't comment on the sound. What I have read is that they open up and sound their best when you feed them more power. I would think a 9090 would make them sound great. Bluesky has a pair and could comment. Sent from my...
  9. redbeard74

Looking for a small receiver for my 7 year old - suggestions?

Wow I was going to say Sansui 350 after just reading your post title. Funny you mention it is available! Its a great small receiver. Also the Technics SA-200 is a pretty cool little receiver that is kind of "kid-scale" I think it is a cool birthday gift. Music is one of the most important...
  10. redbeard74

40 Years of Hi-Fi upgrades

I really enjoyed that read. Thanks!
  11. redbeard74

Greetings from Gainesville, Georgia!

Welcome to AK from Walton County!
  12. redbeard74

Who Do You Think Has/had The Strongest Voice In Rock?

Roger Daltrey Chris Cornell Brian Johnson
  13. redbeard74

CR2040 for 225$ thoughts?

You got it for a good price. Let us know how it compares!
  14. redbeard74

Hello from Macon Georgia

Welcome from a bit north of you.
  15. redbeard74

AU-6500 on the bench

That is a beautiful amp. I would love to find one some day. They seem pretty rare though.
  16. redbeard74

Rediscovered Sansui AU-999

If you would like the seller's name, you can find it in your eBay account settings in your list of past transactions.
  17. redbeard74

AU-6500 on the bench

Very nice. Thanks for the write-up. Can't wait to see how it works now!
  18. redbeard74

Most craved sansui ?

AU-9500 which I already own. Receiver-- G22000 or G-33000 Speakers--SP-5500
  19. redbeard74

Dac for Roku

I have considered putting a dac between my roku and stereo. Playing MOG at 320 kb/s or my own files on a USB thumb drive and using the digital out, I see no reason it shouldn't work. Just havnt done it yet.
  20. redbeard74

Bank seized audio warehouse inventory auction - Savannah, GA

Look at the photos on auctionzip. There are about 40 or 50. It looks like a genuine audio/music store went our of business and the bank is liquidating.
  21. redbeard74

Live albums that blow yer socks off

Some I bought when released that have stuck with me Dire Straits On The Night Rolling Stones Stripped Pink Floyd Pulse Also I have tons of Springsteen shows that I love.
  22. redbeard74

Challenge: Best Bang for the Buck Stereo System/Turntable for ~ $450

That seems like a lot of bang for the buck. But she might like fm or am. Maybe substitute a Sansui 5000X for the AU-7500 in that case. $250 should get one in good shape.
  23. redbeard74

Advice on Technics SA-500

I had a sa-500 for a while. I liked it. Sold it for $75. I think if it were in very clean shape and working right, $80 would be a good price.
  24. redbeard74

Budget revelation: Audio Technica ATH M30.

Thanks for the review. I am considering a pair of ATH M50 headphones at $124 on Amazon. I wonder if there is really $84 of difference in them.:scratch2:
  25. redbeard74

Marantz HD-550 or JBL L166 Horizon's

Keep up the Marantz bashing. It keeps the prices down for the rest of us. I guess Ed May didn't know much after all.
Back
Top Bottom