1. Brandon1250

Sansui 990db/9090db DC on output

Hello all. I’m kinda in a situation that has me completely confused with this 990db I have. Getting right to it; This unit was given to me with absolutely no back story. Got it to the point where I felt confident plugging it in and putting it on the dim bulb tester. No smoke but of course...
  2. Eunomians

AR-XA RCA wiring

I've had my XA for a very long time, and it runs great. I recently made a large batch of custom Mogami interconnects for my stuff at home. As it turns out, I have some cable left. My AR-XA still has the original RCA cables, so I thought that I'd make a custom set to replace it. I don't want...
  3. Eunomians

Sansui 9090 and fuses

I’ve had my 9090 for a long time - and I had a terrific AK member CDfixer restore and upgrade mine (RIP CDfixer, he was a true gent and I’m very lucky to have met him). One thing that I’ve noted is that my unit has the updated fuses (pic shows two 10a fuses). A few questions: should I change...
  4. S

Sansui 9090 recap and restoration

Hi everyone, I’m new around here, and recently bought a Sansui 9090 (not DB) in unrestored condition. Who are considered the best folks to do the recap/restore? Appreciate the suggestions.
  5. Richard P

Sansui 7070 Tuner Board (F-2614) Missing RFTransformer

I'm bringing a clean 7070 back to life and am getting close to firing it up - just waiting on the new output transistors and some fuses to arrive - but I've run into a possible issue with the tuner board (F-2614). One of the FM discriminator transformers appears to be missing - T03. The...
  6. E

Found a Sansui 9090db in a bulk collection pile need some help! :)

Howdy everyone! It was working yesterday, and for part of today. what I noticed was the sound to the speakers was working intermittently, then poof, no sound. I also found a Pioneer PL560 which would play albeit quietly. I figured being plugged into phono, it wouldn't need a preamp. So today...
  7. S

Help! 9090 protection issues - flashing red

Hi Sansui lovers. Please could someone help with my 9090? Iam in the UK where techs are hard to come by! I have a beautiful 9090 that won't come out of protection even with the driver board removed. I've replaced c01, c02, c03, tr02, tr01 and the relay so far. The relay does latch at first but...
  8. KeithD

Scratchy volume pot on 9090

I used Deoxit on the volume pot of my 9090 a couple of years ago, but never got rid of all the scratchiness at the low volume end to my satisfaction. It's been a bit worse lately for lack of use. Question, can the volume pot on the 9090 be disassembled to do a real cleaning of the contacts...
  9. Devileyes

Am I checking the Bias right? Sansui 990

My 990 has been running hot since I bought it a few months ago. It’s been recapped and had the trim pots replaced by the dude who I bought it from. Anyway I checked the DC offset first, using the SM and the sticky thread. RC was 37.0 and LC was 8.9. I adjusted those both down to as close to 0...
  10. pinplayers

Sansui 9090 no FM stereo

Hello I was hoping for some guidance on an issue I’m having with my 9090. First some quick back ground. When I purchased the unit it was working with the exception of the Indicator lights for FM and Phono. I can’t recall if the FM Stereo work at that time or not. I decided to recap and clean...
  11. F

Brand spanking new with a dead 9090

Greetings all: First off I am not a technical guy but a vintage stereo and classic rock lover. I bought an old Kenwood at a garage sale and I love it. I finally decided I would treat myself to a top shelf vintage receiver. Looked at several. Found a Sansui 9090(not the db) on craigslist. Drove...
  12. markkb

9090 DC spikes on outputs and speakers solved

I was getting occasional zap-thwat-switht-zpfft sounds from my right channel audible through my speakers. It eventually got to be too frequent to ignore, and I pulled the 9090 out. I checked the bias and DC offset, during the DC offset check I observed the current spiked up on the voltmeter...
  13. Jcamp

Sansui 9090 Driver Board

Hello, Have a beautiful 9090 that unfortunately is missing its driver board F-2436. I know I am dreaming but does anyone know where I could find one or contact someone that can get a bare pcb made? 9090 by Jcamp posted Apr 1, 2019 at 6:04 PM Thanks :)
  14. RobertCO

9090 repair advice needed

Just picked up this 9090 for a reasonable price. Right channel was out, turned out the fuse in the plastic cover on the driver board was blown. Replaced it with a 125V 6A fast blow and wow, this thing sounds incredible. I was able to adjust the DC offset to zero (was at 0.012) pretty easily...
  15. G

9090 Driver Board Transistors

Hey all, I am in the middle of restoring a 9090. This is my first effort to restore anything so I am learning as I go. I have done a fair bit of reading earlier on 9090 threads but still have a few questions regarding the driver board, 2436. What I have done (on this board): - Replaced...
  16. D

Sansui 9090 Red Protection Light

Hello All, First time poster on AK (longtime lurker!). I just got a 9090 (not a 9090db) from a thrift shop, so not sure about its history. Was definitely in a smoker's house due to tar all over it. VERY dusty/dirty inside so I vacuumed it out and did basic clean up. Got the dial lights working...
  17. Johnny_Law

9090 Static / Current at Idle into Protection SOLVED

EDIT: Solution was to replace TR01-TR04 (2SC1708) on driver board with KSC1845. Each measured OK using multimeter but would heat up during operation and introduce much noise into the signal path. After extensive searching and not finding this exact issue ... here goes. I have a 9090 that goes...
  18. aqualogic

Sansui 9090 Fm Stereo stopped working, Fm Reception OK

FM reception is fine only the stereo reception and related indicator recently stopped. Similar but not exact issues have been mentioned in past posts, but nothing exactly like I've experienced here, so I wanted to try & get some fresh help. My trusty 9090, not DB, has worked fine for decades...
  19. EvanF

Sansui 9090 bias too high with 2SC2383 as bias transistor

Old thread has all the details http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/sansui-9090-bias-too-high-after-shorted-output-of-amplifier.827829/#post-11731872 Bon appetite!
  20. RR--

New project. Sansui 8080 recap. Advice appreciated.

Hey guys I'm back! But I never really left as I have literally been using my AU-719 daily since I recapped it around 2013. I came across a Sansui 8080 in rough shape years ago but am only finally starting to use it due to being able to actually fit this monster it in my new house. It sounds...
  21. wparker1934

9090 Amp Section Fiasco

Hey all, I'm about at wits end with my 9090. The set is coming out of protection mode, but the sound is incredibly distorted on each channel and not reaching higher volume levels-- on both the speakers and headphones. All of the power transistors are new equivalents. The driver board, to my...
  22. SYSTEM PROCESSING HEADQUARTERS

SYSTEM PROCESSING HEADQUARTERS

Upgraded Sansui 9090 --> 166 WPC, b*tch! Tascam CD-RW4U CD Recorder AR-XA Turntable + Shure M91-ED Nakamichi 500 Cassette Deck Realistic APM-200 Power Meter NAD 502 CD Player ADC CD-100X CD Player Acoustic Research SRC Remote Control Base Station Niles SVC-2 Speaker Volume...
  23. My Sansui 9090

My Sansui 9090

Back
Top Bottom