kr-5600

1. tusntuk2

Could use some help on a +B Power Supply problem in a Kenwood KR-5600

I'm restoring a Kenwood KR-5600 that was in working condition, at least I know the FM and the Tape inputs were working, and I started with the power supply. The KR-5600 has a history of heat problems with its design, so I boosted the clumped resistors to 3 watts and the caps to UPW 100/50v...
  2. tusntuk2

Could use some help on a +B puzzle in a Kenwood KR-5600

I'm restoring a Kenwood KR-5600 that was in working condition, at least I know the FM and the Tape inputs were working, and I started with the power supply. The KR-5600 has a history of heat problems with its design, so I boosted the clumped resistors to 3 watts and the caps to UPW 100/50v...
  3. tusntuk2

Can you help me use a 'Scope to find oscillation?

Looking for a patient teacher to walk me through using a 'scope to find an apparent oscillation in a Kenwood KR-5600. I'd love the help if anyone has the time to try! There is a sudden hum/buzz current draw at the full open position of the Treble control. I'm thinking it could be oscillation...
  4. tusntuk2

"Treble Max" Problem - Can you help with this puzzle?

Hi y'all, hope you are staying healthy at home! My main home activity has been to recap/rebuild a Kenwood KR-5600, and things are going pretty well for a difficult layout - except the inevitable mystery problem has cropped up. Maybe someone else has heard of this? It goes weird when the...
  5. tusntuk2

Kenwood KR-5600 Strange Tone Problem - Know what this is?

I'm rebuilding a Kenny 5600. Original description was "one side out", and all the lamps are out. This improved some with deoxing the controls, but there were two anomalies. The FM had terrible distortion on one side, and while checking a signal thru the AUX, the Treble control, when turned...
  6. tusntuk2

Now just how do I use this new Oscilliscope to find a problem?

Got a "new" (old used) scope to help diagnose a voltage/oscillation problem in a KR-5600 receiver, and I'm learning how the scope functions. How, exactly, do I use the scope inside the amp? I'm trying to diagnose a vexing problem with apparent oscillation or voltage runaway as the volume...
  7. tusntuk2

Having trouble finding oscillation/bias problem - where do I look?

Please help me find the cause of an apparent oscillation problem. It seems to be related to the bias circuit, or at least it's manifested there. This is a recently recapped Kenwood KR-5600. Great help from AK folks helped me spot a faulty diode and fix the relay, and the audio board and power...
  8. tusntuk2

Pulsing buzz varies speed with Volume/Bass. Any ideas?

Kenwood KR-5600 receiver, just finished recapping Audio and Power Supply boards. After resetting bias it started making buzz/hum in a rhythmic pulse that would vary speed as either the Volume or Bass control was moved. Right channel only. Maybe some transistor oscillation? Haven't had one...
  9. tusntuk2

Kenwood KR-5600 Intermittent noise - is it bias related?

This is the third thread on this interesting receiver. Previous threads helped fix a relay problem and questions about recapping - thanks again! Now I have replaced all electrolytics in the PS and the Audio board (power amp) and the amp sounds amazing with the FM radio. (Yay!) BUT - here's...
  10. tusntuk2

Kenwood KR-5600 relay/recap project; open relay needs help

What's the best way to check the output relay in a Kenny KR-5600? This thread is actually about two KR-5600's, one being my trusted old friend that's been working 20 years in original condition, and a second 5600 with an open relay I need to fix, then recap. It is also original, but hints at a...
  11. tusntuk2

Kenwood KR-5600 Recap Project - Where's Waldo?

Thank goodness for this forum! I'm getting together a parts list for a KR-5600, even bought the manual, which holds info for the KR-4600 too. As I check through the cap list for the audio board (X09-1140-10) I can't find Cm 39 or Cm 40 in the schematic. I've checked the alternate s/m (4600)...
  12. RetroStereo

Kenwood KR-5600 Tuner Dial string killed my confidence :)

Hello AK experts! This is my first post and it is long overdue since I have been checking this forum for a while and been grateful to all the great advice provided here. AK gave me the confidence to get into the 60s and 70s audio gear without any previous knowledge of electronics. First I...
Back
Top Bottom