marantz

1. triplegee77

What vintage speakers are you using with your Marantz receiver?

Just curious what everyone is listening to with their vintage Marantz receivers 20-45 watts? I have a 2238B that I just recapped and I already had some Klipsch KG 2.5's that I bought in the late 90's I think (long story short, had a Yamaha M-85, C-85, T-85, AR9LSi along with over 400 LP's...
  2. MartyGee666

Marantz 2250 bias fluctuation

Hey! I'm getting a wondering bias voltage across pins J708 & J710 (bias voltage). Its causing some annoying static and I'm not sure where I should look first. The unit has been re-capped and sounds great for the first hour, but eventually the bias fluctuates on the left channel and it throws the...
  3. J

Marantz 2215B Power Supply Transistor Subs

Hi all, I am currently restoring a Marantz 2215b as my first restoration. I am working on the power amp and I am having trouble sourcing a suitable replacement transistor for H709 and H710. The originals were 2SA684 which folks have said to substitute with KSA1220AY. However KSA1220AY is out of...
  4. richardg0n

Marantz 2325 No Headphones and No Speaker Terminal Output but Relay Clicks?

Hi Guys, I am working on a 2325 restoration, and I can't figure out why the speaker terminals have no output, nor do the headphones. With a DBT connected the protection relay clicks two seconds after powering up. I am using my signal tracer to follow a 1k tone running through AUX and can trace...
  5. D

Marantz 2220b phono hum

First post from novice DIY. I replaced the lights and cleaned the connectors on my wife's original 2220b receiver and it sounds much better. During testing, I noticed a significant hum from the phono selector with no external turntable or other inputs attached. It was very noticeable at 1/4...
  6. X

2SC2071 / 2SA939 sub with KSC2690A-Y / 2SA1220A-Y ?

Will these be a valid and ideal substitute for transistor matching ? this will be going in a Marantz 2500's Amp board. 2SC2071 / 2SA939 sub with KSC2690A-Y / 2SA1220A-Y ? thanks in advance ! :)
  7. kasbah512

Selective Ground Loop Hum... HELP Please.

This is somewhat me circling back to an issue I was having months ago. I've been working on a Marantz 1200 on and off for a long time. I'm convinced its possessed by the previous owner at this point... The issue: -Ground loop-ish hum on the right channel only (next to the transformer)...
  8. B

Marantz 4400 Troubleshooting Help

Greetings, I am hunting down a short in my marantz 4400 but needed to turn here for some help. Here are the steps and results I had gotten so far with replacing components and my dim bulb tester: - Got the unit from a garage sale as "not working." Hooked it up to Dim Bulb and bright as can be...
  9. david winter

Blue "ladder" slide for input selector (PM-65AV, PM-80 etc)

Hello, I need to replace the blue "ladder" slide which links the front panel rotary input switch to the linear input switch on the input board. The thin flat metal strip has broken and I can't manage to solder something on it. I don't know the right term for this part, and can't find a...
  10. pantoramasan

Altec Lansing / Heathkit Legato HH-1-C General information

11. ssouci

Marantz 2275 - no stereo FM

having a problem with my Marantz 2275 receiver..... DESCRIPTION - FM not in stereo: receives stations well enough, but they're playing in mono, and the stereo lamp does not light up - *however*, in a few tiny spots on the dial, I can sometimes get a shred of stereo, but extremely poor quality...
  12. X

Vintage or Modern ! Input and advice welcome * New setup build*

interested in building a new home stereo setup from scratch.. should I go vintage or modern ? I am on a 5k budget MAX for components. I plan on using Canton Reference 9 bookshelf speakers . I was thinking of using a Vintage Marantz 510M Amp & Marantz 3600 preamp. Or should I go with a McIntosh...
  13. artsybob

Marantz 3200 Preamp and 140 Amp Score + Questions

Hello all! Last summer a former work colleague of mine was relocating across country and decided to give me his old audio equipment for free- including a Marantz Model 140 power amp. After a little while I decided to locate a matching Model 3200 preamp to go with it and to assemble a nice solid...
  14. TheoryJean

McIntosh MX112 into Marantz 2252B

Hello! I believe this is my first post in AudioKarma forum. I hope I am posting in the right thread, and I hope I am not posting something that has already been discussed. If so, I apologize for my noobiness. I recently came across a McIntosh MX112 Solid State Pre-Amp at a garage sale. It has...
  15. P

Marantz Model 2226B Channel Drop Out

I have a Marantz Model 2226B and sometimes the left speaker will drop out, it can happen completely randomly but seems to happen more often when Im listening at lower volumes. It also seems to happen almost exclusively on aux input and photo, sometimes radio but I can normally get the channel...
  16. tlite

Cartridge Recommendations to go with Marantz 6350 TT and Marantz 2235 Pre?

Howdy! I’ve tried a AT VM95E, Ortofon 2m Red, and a Sumiko Black Pearl. Looking for more clarity and dynamic range, but don't want overkill for my setup. Budget up to $300 but could push higher if persuaded... Thanks for any suggestions!
  17. richiem46

Marantz 2275 Restoration Reproduction Lamp Housing

I received a Marantz 2275 yesterday from a seller on USA Audio Mart. It is pretty banged up, slight bend in the lower rear chassis and the balance slider is snapped off which did not show up in the pictures. The right channel is out but both power amps work so I will troubleshoot the pre/tone...
  18. S

Marantz SR 6000 DC suddenly stopped working- help!!!

Hi! Please excuse my complete and utter newbie status with this inquiry. I have a marantz 6000 that suddenly stopped producing any sound the other day. I use it regularly. There is a new turntable attached to it that hasn’t had any issues so far. The receiver will turn on and lights go...
  19. jFF_Bulbo

MARANTZ 300DC HELP.

Hello AK'ers. i've finished the recap & restoration of my 300dc. abnd some problems are present. unit power on, relay clicks and it sound. DBT (100w lamp) shine i think so much. when connected to 120v, powers on, relay engages, and soun is present, but.. -DC OFFSET is 20-30mv on lef channel. -dc...
  20. kawaz1

Marantz SR1020 transformer repair

I picked up a 1995 Marantz SR1020 that is dead. The initial idea was to use the housing for a phono preamp, inspired on Bob Cordell's Vinyltrak. However, I'm very curious how the receiver performs and would like to make it work, before I decide whether to keep it as a receiver, or use it as a...
  21. AudioScout

Marantz 2275 Receiver - No Sound Left Channel

Receiver: Marantz 2275 Problem: No sound, left channel. (Both Speaker and Headphone) What I've done so far: Connected the main out and in via RCA and swapped the cables. Left Channel still out. Swapped P700 Output board positions. left Channel still out. Swapped Output capacitor positions...
  22. B

Marantz Model 25 Project

I bought a Marantz Model 25 last month and it actually sounds and looks great, so I've been using it as my main system while I finish work on a couple other receivers. But this thing is supposedly from around 1969-1971, so it surely needs to be re-capped at minimum. I'll document the process...
  23. quadmatrix82

Marantz 250M - odd resistor values in circuit

Hi all, so I have been doing some preventative maintenance on my Marantz 250M which seems to work well however I have noticed the left channel has many resistors that test low in circuit compared with the right channel - when tested out of circuit all these resistors measure fine. what could be...
  24. B

Marantz Model 25 transistor substitutions

I'm about to re-cap and possibly replace some transistors on a Marantz Model 25. It currently sounds fine, so I don't want to do anything unnecessary, but I'd like to replace any transistors that are known to be problematic. I've checked the Top Ten Worst Transistors list and don't see any of...
  25. pecata35

Help on German vs Japanese amplifiers

Hello, I want to know if someone have heard German amps like: Telefunken, Dual or Saba (I don't know if it's German but i can find it too) Have someone heard: DUAL - CV-1700 / 1600 TELEFUNKEN - TA 350 / 750, STM-1 / STP-1, RM 300/RP 300 SABA - VS2160, MI 215 I have heard Telefunken Ta 350 but...
Back
Top Bottom