‘A Quiet Place’

Late to the party. I just watched A Quiet Place on Epix. While it had some good points, overall, it reminded me why I stopped watching The Walking Dead.

Lapses in logic, in this movie, kill me. Mainly, why o' why was Beau bringing up the rear, in the march home from the market run? Why wasn't a parent on rear guard, to watch over the kids? Especially since everyone was aware how the slightest noise could bring death. Silly.

Why was Regan not allowed on parts of the farm? Was A Quiet Basement less safe, than wandering endlessly through corn fields? I grew up on a farm, wandering through corn stalks is not a quiet process. It makes noise. She'd be dead. Quickly.

Now, the sacrificial death. Ugh! I'll allow myself to be killed, with out any idea of what comes next? Sacrifice myself, for a win today, with certain risk of death tomorrow. I'm going down fighting. Again, silly.

A Quiet Place, was A Quiet Mess. Maybe the sequel will be better? :confused:

Last edited:
... why o' why was Beau bringing up the rear, in the march home from the market run? ....

I agree and while I can look the other way for things that may not make a lot of sense in a movie it really annoys me when they have it be an establishing part of the story. Even if there weren't monsters most families wouldn't let the little kid be at the back like that.

I was also confused that it seemed they had a house but chose to live in the uninsulated barn instead. How does that make sense? I can talk in a normal voice inside my house and someone right outside won't hear a thing. Why wouldn't they choose an insulated home with good windows for decent soundproofing as a place to live?

...Why was Regan not allowed on parts of the farm? Was A Quiet Basement less safe, than wandering endlessly through corn fields? ...

That does seem where you'd spend most of your spare time. But I guess climbing on a metal corn silo is a silent activity in their world too. Even with bare feet that thing would be creaking all the way up.

They thought of fireworks for when the Mom had the baby but why didn't he make smaller noise makers that could be placed way out away from the house and triggered from the house to lure the creatures away when needed? Heck, he seemed handy with electronics so hand held items like the toy would be great with a slight timer on it so you could throw it as far away from you as possible when needed.

With newspaper headlines declaring that the creatures hunted by sound you are telling me that nobody else tried any sort of loud noise generators to see if it would annoy them at any frequency?

I thought it was good, though not QUITE as good as people made it out to be. I agree, still worth the rental. But it was just...I don’t know. Just not my cup of tea. I prefer the mind bending thriller/horror with surprises regarding the plot rather than the jump scares. I thought it was an original idea though.

Back
Top Bottom