1080P Sony looks better than 4K Sony

Solved a lot of my problems with the 960E. Local pawn had a Sony XBR-65X930D 65" for less than half the going prices I've seen, so I got it. Very pleased with it.
Sounds like you got one your satisfied with , I’ve heard good things about the Sony 4K TVs a friend of mine has one and it’s a nice tv .

Audiofreak71

Sounds like you got one your satisfied with , I’ve heard good things about the Sony 4K TVs a friend of mine has one and it’s a nice tv .

Audiofreak71

Except for the Youtube no HDR Video. It is also one of the few TV's that do 3D, although no glasses come with it and they are around $50 a pop.

Except for the Youtube no HDR Video. It is also one of the few TV's that do 3D, although no glasses come with it and they are around $50 a pop.
Is the no hdr on YouTube the issue with the tv or is it YouTube? I know it depends on the video your watching if you get 4K hdr etc and sometimes you have to go into the settings in YouTube and change it to what you want .

Audiofreak71

Is the no hdr on YouTube the issue with the tv or is it YouTube? I know it depends on the video your watching if you get 4K hdr etc and sometimes you have to go into the settings in YouTube and change it to what you want .

Audiofreak71
It is with the TV. Called Sony support and they bumped me up to next level tech. The told me the TV did not support HDR from YT. He said they may be working on a fix, he was not sure.

The 930D is a 2016 model. I thought it was a 930E, why I jumped on it, at the price I got. had I realized....:oops:

It is with the TV. Called Sony support and they bumped me up to next level tech. The told me the TV did not support HDR from YT. He said they may be working on a fix, he was not sure.
Interesting, I guess if someone is a heavy YouTube watcher that may be a concern but for me YouTube is a casual think so it doesn’t really matter .

Audiofreak71

It’s still a highly rated tv , Rtings gave it a very high rating which is rare for them , anything over a 7 is an excellent tv.

Audiofreak71

Interesting, I guess if someone is a heavy YouTube watcher that may be a concern but for me YouTube is a casual think so it doesn’t really matter .

Audiofreak71
I mean the 4K videos still looks very good, but its just that there always seem to be a compromise somewhere if you can't afford the latest greatest. :rolleyes:

It’s still a highly rated tv , Rtings gave it a very high rating which is rare for them , anything over a 7 is an excellent tv.

Audiofreak71
Yes it is a great TV. Just nowhere in any review that I read made mention of the YT-HDR issue.

I mean the 4K videos still looks very good, but its just that there always seem to be a compromise somewhere if you can't afford the latest greatest. :rolleyes:
Yeah unfortunately your right , it’s one of the reasons I jumped on the LG Oled camp because I just got tired of the picture issues of previous TVs that were 4K and then with all the different format changes (HDR ,Dolby Vision ,HDR + etc) the lg supports them all and the picture is excellent, I guess I was spoiled with my Pioneer Elite Kuro tv so I measured everything to that and none fit the bill until the oled .

Audiofreak71

Just got back from NAB where 8K (from cam to screen) is everywhere.
8K is pretty much like looking thru an open window, for natural footage (cherry blossoms in Japan, for example). More "gaudy" artificial images look less impressive than images of reality.

Back
Top Bottom