12" Tannoy Red Speakers. Worth anything?

I know very little about home audio in general, so forgive these basic questions.

I have a Marantz 2230 receiver. Will this adequately power these speakers? Is there anything I should avoid doing as to not damage them?

You do realize that by providing the link to the page instead of just the individual photo, you opened your photobucket album to everyone.

You do realize that by providing the link to the page instead of just the individual photo, you opened your photobucket album to everyone.
Yes. Photobucket is so glitchy it wouldn't let me copy the individual links. There's nothing private on there anyway. It was all public to begin with.

Yes. Photobucket is so glitchy it wouldn't let me copy the individual links. There's nothing private on there anyway. It was all public to begin with.

Do it like this:

IMG_4429_zpsyphprhtt.jpg

I know very little about home audio in general, so forgive these basic questions.

I have a Marantz 2230 receiver. Will this adequately power these speakers? Is there anything I should avoid doing as to not damage them?
Yes, it will power them. Be careful to not set the selector switch to "tape" while the tape monitor switch is depressed. This creates a feedback loop that is very bad for the speakers (and your ears). It is pretty much the only design flaw in the wonderful 2230, but it's a big one.

Yes, it will power them. Be careful to not set the selector switch to "tape" while the tape monitor switch is depressed. This creates a feedback loop that is very bad for the speakers (and your ears). It is pretty much the only design flaw in the wonderful 2230, but it's a big one.

Thanks!

If you got these for a good price enjoy them for as long as you like perhaps even have someone skilled make you some new cabinets for them or have yours re veneered and new grill cloth, then sell them if you ever need the cash. I know if you were local I would be very happy to give you 5k for them as is today :)

Regards Snow

A little late to the party but I've always wondered what it is about these drivers that makes them worth so much. Not doubting the sound quality, build quality or the sanity of the market. I'm thinking more along the lines of: if these are not made of solid platinum with unobtainium alloys for voice coils, why doesn't someone produce more of them if they are worth so much? Why doesn't Everyone produce more of them?

Just the musings of a Tannoy newbie.

Back
Top Bottom