15" woofer ID by the numbers? 55-765 15869 8 ohm 67-93110154 G1

Ohighway

Wannabe Minimalist
Subscriber
Came across a pair of these. Nice 15" cast frame woofers with fairly large magnets.

Any (Eminence ?) woofer experts out there that can tell me what I have here?

55-765 15869 8 ohm 67-93110154 G1

Are these suitable for HiFi? Musical instrument speakers ?

Anybody??

woofer label copy 2.jpg

That was an Eminence-built driver, that was sold through MCM Electronics.

It is pretty similar to the Delta Pro 15- just with, IIRC, a slightly shorter voice coil winding.

As for sound-it's going to be similar to the Delta Pro 15, which itself is similar in sound to the Electrovoice EVM15B. Could make a nice E-wave high-efficiency driver.

Regards,
Gordon.

Specs as provided by swechsler in post 2, and verified with a email from Eminence today.

@GordonW what do you think the intended application was for these? What do you think the optimum application would be?

eminence 2.JPG

eminence 3.JPG

Originally intent was PA midbass or bass guitar.

It's most like the Eminence/Yamaha JAY6130 and 6132 that's used in the better Yamaha "pro-sumer" PA and monitor cabinets.

It would probably need a subwoofer, if used in a home app, both due to the high f3 (it won't go lower than about 50-something Hz, before it reaches f3), and due to the low X-max (even if you did EQ it to go lower, it wouldn't do so at much level before reaching the excursion limit).

Now, that frame CAN be reconed to a MUCH higher excursion woofer. Sensitivity takes a hit (down to maybe 96dB/1w), but I've rebuilt the Yamaha version of that frame, with a voice coil with a 3/4" long winding, giving about a 6mm X-max. It was VERY punchy. Got down into the mid 40Hz range at rolloff, pretty readily too, in about a 4 cubic foot enclosure. That's a true woofer. It could be tuned/EQd/mass loaded to go lower (at a further cost of sensitivity- maybe down to 94dB/1w), to go into the mid-high 30s, in that same enclosure size range (closer to 5 cubic foot would be best).

Regards,
Gordon.

Thanks. These came along for the ride in a couple of enclosures I bought. I was hoping for something better (meaning something I could actually use) but I guess not. Oh well.

They're in great shape so I should probably just move them along as is to someone who needs this type of woofer ....... then just turn around and purchase what I actually want/need.

Back
Top Bottom