2010 ak fest

formuladale

Never been to an AK Fest. Would love to go. I could probably make it for 1 day on Sunday. Approx. 2 hr drive from my house. Any input about attending the fest would be appreciated. Would one day be enough time to experience the show. I caught the audio bug and can't seem to get enough. Regards Dale:beer:

One day is definitely better than nothing, but after two full days I usually feel like I missed something, or didn't get back to some room I wanted to revisit. But if one day is what you can do, you should do it!

Wouldn't it nice to hear gear before you buy it?
Hang with folks who live music and what it takes to get the most bang for you buck?
Buy some records, maybe some kit?

Some people commute 2 hours each way. Whadaya gonna do, stay home and listen to the same ole same ole?

Any input about attending the fest would be appreciated.

1. Get there early.

2. Bring some music you would like to hear.

3. Please don't post any improper questions about an attractive young lady in a wig. (could be any color)

4. Most importantly, it is customary for first time folks to bring the beer!

===========================================================================

Last edited:
twice now I've left around 4AM, 4hrs travel, 10hrs at the fest and 4hrs back home....all in one day!

you get to see/hear new gear, old gear, classic gear, rare gear... it's a blast!

If I only had a day it'd be Saturday, Sunday is almost tied up all afternoon with contests for prizes. :D

What is there to think about. Definitely go!

I am signed up for 4 days this time. :)

Poppycock!

Thanks, that term just made me crack up, can you say it now, with a snotty British Accent?

I have heard that anyone with a birthday of June 27, 1960 will receive special stuff if they attend AK 10! (if they bring the beer)

Last edited:
Thanks, that term just made me crack up, can you say it now, with a snotty British Accent?

I have heard that anyone with a birthday of June 27, 1960 will receive special stuff if they attend AK 10! (if they bring the beer)

Dreamer!!

Go for it dude, I am driving 10 hours each way, in an 11 year old 165,000 mile car, smack in the middle of finals week and working full time (ok, some people think I am crazy) just to attend. Although I will be driving up Friday and back on Monday this time. :yes:

Poppycock! It's only about 90 minutes of giving stuff away. :banana:

That seems about right. :yes:

:beerchug:Thanks for all the feedback. Sounds like a weekend of fun. To all the beer drinkers should I hire a budweiser truck?

Um, I hate to sound ignorant (but it is something I do so well), but when is AK Fest? And where?

Last year I had to miss it because it was on the same weekend that one of my niece's got married, but, so far as I know, none of that stuff is scheduled for this year.

.... Never mind... I just found it. Will mark it in my calendar!!!

Um, I hate to sound ignorant (but it is something I do so well), but when is AK Fest? And where?

Last year I had to miss it because it was on the same weekend that one of my niece's got married, but, so far as I know, none of that stuff is scheduled for this year.

.... Never mind... I just found it. Will mark it in my calendar!!!

Just in case someone else wanders into this thread and hasn't found the link: http://www.akfest.com/

Back
Top Bottom