2017-18 NCAA Basketball

I also tolerated him but it seems, after him doing UT games the last two weeks (OU, KU), that he just talks incessantly over so much of the action.

Saw the last half of the 2nd period of the VT-Duke game. Glad to see VT got the win.

Can't complain about Texas effort last night considering who they had to put on the floor. Have my doubts that Bamba will be ready so this may be the team going on Saturday.

Hope the Mountaineers go down on Saturday.

Can I just say I hate listening to Dick Vitale!!!

I understand but no, you can't say that around me... he's a guy from the neighborhood who did good.

we used to play basketball together at the town park when I was in high school (he was already a high school coach) . He was not much of a player but he was very competitive. I can still recall him bleeding on the court after taking a hit. Never skipped a beat. Just wiped it away and kept the dribble. and trust me, he was bleeding, not just a scratch.

Pitt, 0-17 in ACC play. Those boys need to find another league as this seems about par for many of their sport teams.

I know there women's soccer team went win less again in ACC play the men's soccer team only got 2 wins in conference.

I'd take him over Bill Walton any day!
Bill did a early game in 2015 that UT vs Washington played in China. You would have thought he was paid by the Chinese government to tout Alibaba and all things Chinese instead of being there to call a game. It was very hard to listen to him the whole game.

He's a good reason not to watch PAC12 basketball.

Yeah, Walton does tend to wander. He can be entertaining but I can only take him before or after a game . . . not during!

Might be fun to have Walton, Vitale, Charles Barkley, and Stephan A. Smith tag teaming a game.

Walton: "You know, Darwin did not come to Hawaii. He went from the Galapagos to Tahiti to New Zealand to Australia and then home. But those (Chaminade) Silverswords right here, boy, you get up here at the top of Haleakalā. There's a silver sword right there. "

Vitale: "Holy silver swords!"

Barkley: " These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it. "
"

Smith: "Silver Swords are fish? I may be wrong. If I'm wrong, I'm man enough to say I'm wrong, because I find it a rare occasion anyway. "

Vitale: "Holy cow! Is this a basketball game or what! Awesome baby! "

Walton: " ... but the animals there in the middle, those were iguanas ... "

^Nailed it.

The Miami/UNC game was good clean fun last night. Two losers going into the "Tobacco Road" game.

I'm starting to feel bad for Trae Young as every pundit walks back their predictions for OU and blames it on the poor kid. "He's under a lot of pressure," notes my wife.

^Nailed it.

The Miami/UNC game was good clean fun last night. Two losers going into the "Tobacco Road" game.

I'm starting to feel bad for Trae Young as every pundit walks back their predictions for OU and blames it on the poor kid. "He's under a lot of pressure," notes my wife.
It was all the pundits that put the pressure on him! Now they wonder what's happened...

One of the Texas basketball bloggers - bitterwhiteguy - said it well after the UT-OU game last week:

"None of this is really fair to Trae Young; he came out firing in November, exceeding most everyone’s expectations, and ESPN decided to dust off the Tim Tebow spotlight and crank it to eleven. What started out as a fun story became ESPN overwhelming us all with Youngisms about what player he’s like, what NBA stars are tweeting about him, whether his hair has evolved beyond this plane of existence. It’s a circus, and it’s not his doing. So congratulations, ESPN, you’ve done the impossible: you’ve made me feel sorry for a Sooner."
Alan

Oh - I saw the last fifteen minutes or so of the Miami/UNC game last night. First thought that Miami had it in the bag, then UNC came back and made a game of it.

Oh - I saw the last fifteen minutes or so of the Miami/UNC game last night. First thought that Miami had it in the bag, then UNC came back and made a game of it.

Despite the outcome, it was a good game by both teams. Heard several comments today that echoed my thoughts at the end. It was very much like the 2016 Final game against Villanova. Berry hits a three, then the opponent hits a tougher three . . . emotional high followed by shock and dismay :eek:

Well, on to another Duke vs Carolina on Saturday :)

And Big 10 tourney starts tonight.

Let's see how fast I can break my B10 bracket this year ... Illinois and Rutgers advance!

EDIT >> Well, THAT didn't take long!! :p

Last edited:
UVa's Jerome scored 11 points in the last 3:07 against the taller Cards. Having been on the short end of the choke stick many times over the years, it was nice to see my Cavaliers get a little lucky with Hunter's 3 point bank shot. When questioned, Hunter said he was going for a bank shot.

Back
Top Bottom