2017 Final Bows

anytune

As we close the book on 2017, here is a look back at some of the notable names in music who left the stage this past year. (Note: long list)

Attachments

• 2017 Music Deaths.pdf
    181.2 KB · Views: 1
That list will just get longer as us boomers age ...

Any votes for best final bow? I vote for Bowie and Black Star. Watching the Lazarus video is ... disturbing ...

That list will just get longer as us boomers age ...

Any votes for best final bow? I vote for Bowie and Black Star. Watching the Lazarus video is ... disturbing ...

Has to be Bowie. The fact that he knew the end was near and went and made that type of artistic effort... truly amazing.

Really impressive towards the end of the video, watching him scribble away frenetically trying to capture his final thoughts ...

Any votes for best final bow? I vote for Bowie and Black Star.
I'm seeing lots of artist in like a mad scramble to perfect their works and or push all their music out to the masses.

Jimmy Page has been remastering and putting out never before released music with everything he's been involved with.

Dylan Has been putting out lots of never before released as well as new records every year.

Neil Young is knocking out records like crazy and put up a free website with all his music.

Van Morrison is really off the hook putting out records the past couple years. I think he's said he's shooting for 5 new record within a year.

It hadn't really occurred to me to do an end of year dead folks show before this, but I could do most (or all) of a show pulling from that list. What do you folks think would be a good tune to play to tip my hat to Mr. Nudell? Apparently he preferred classical, but we don't really have any of that in the station library, outside of a couple of examples of fusions with jazz or some trippy ambient.

Thanks for the list.

I don't imagine they frisk you at the door to make sure you're not sneaking in a thumb drive or three ... ;-}

Elvis v1.0 ...

RIP November 21, 2017

~ ~ ~

Another candidate ...

RIP November 6, 2017

~ ~ ~

And no show would be complete without a tribute to Fats who went to that big mixer in the sky Oct 24th ...

Can't believe we made it this far with no mention of Tom Petty ?!? I CAN believe there's been no mention of David Cassidy. ;-}

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom