2017 Sansui Serial Number Database

Got the serial number bluestime.

ErienBrekke, there are a number of AK members in Norway and through out Europe. I'm sure there is someone closer than in the US that can properly restore your AU-7900. When you are ready, start a thread in the main Sansui forum for recommendations for someone closer to you.

- Pete

AU 607, 228090643 jhot
apstore.ph

AU-717,228020353,turbod6
AU-717,217110157,turbod6
AU-717,217111920,turbod6
AU-710,219010099,turbod6
TU-717,847091255,turbod6

Do you want turntable serial numbers as well?

Also I'm wondering why you want everybody's serial number? Curious. :)

Cheers
Homer

Last edited:
Do you want turntable serial numbers as well?
Also I'm wondering why you want everybody's serial number? Curious. :)
Cheers
Homer
If you read the posts on page 8 & 9 (for example) of this thread the reason will become obvious to you. :)

Last edited:
Homer4beer, The serial numbers contain the production date, assembly line and basic build quantity information. Compiling the serial numbers paints a picture of the production date range for each model as well as provides a rough idea of production quantities. It also provides a platform to track production changes. Many models had significant changes in circuit boards, wiring and cosmetics during production. Being able to identify the production date of when these changes occurred makes it easier to tell if a particular example was built before or after those changes.

The more serial numbers we have, the more accurate this data becomes. So, yes, we want turntable serial numbers as well as the serial numbers of any other Sansui audio equipment.

cnyel1967, Toby, I'm going to try to slip your serial numbers into the October batch currently processing. If I don't get them in October report, you will see them in the November report.

Thanks all!

- Pete

Sorry missing how to post serial numbers: But for data on my Sansui's:
5000A, 220061064, Skibrain
I'll post my 1000A tomorrow. Buried.
My goal is 4 new output tubes for my Fisher 800C- Life stopped me for about 6 months.It is completely rebuilt- Thanks Dave and all the others for support to keep me going.
Next the Sansui 1000A- Pristine, but never powered up. Needs 7591's as I stole them for my Fisher 800C testing.
Then the 5000A.
Now of course I am cursed with Vintage and got a nice 5000A. Don't know shit about them yet except to check fof the F 6013 board??? Versus the 1040? Tomorrow, If work lets me.
Thanks to all here that help keep me and others going. Plus the valuable data.
Ken

Welcome to the Sansui Serial Number Database thread. The database now resides on Sansui Page in Digital Docs. You Can Access it here:

Sansui Serial Number Database
Please post new serial numbers in this thread. They will be uploaded to the database at least monthly, more often if needed.

When posting serial numbers please use this format:

Model,Serial Number,AK User Name
9090DB,827011234,LBPete
G-9000DB,818021234,AK User Name
AU-555A,581080009,AK User Name

No spaces but please place a comma between data points. The commas are important. List multiple serial numbers as indicated. Please do not add anything else. I have to delete it when I create the upload file.

This format is changed slightly from Paul's format but it's easier for me.

8080,826041396,Rebelkid12

Back
Top Bottom