2018 Mid Atlantic AK FALL Gathering October 14th - 12 noon till 5-6 pm.

Back home.

It was really great meeting everyone. Thank you Rick for being the perfect host - pls do convey my regards to your wife and daughter for bearing with us noisy beer drinkers the whole afternoon!

The start of the gathering might have been a bit damp but it sure warmed up nicely with the company, food and the freshly made beer!

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Spring!

Rgds
Mayank

Thanks to everyone who made the trek out to the house today! Compared to previous years, the weather ended up being a bit yucky, but the great food and gathering of good friends more than offset the weather. Thanks to each and every person who took the time to come out today !!

Rain? By the time we got there it was all over. As usual had a great time. Lot's of good food and conversation. Had a chance to work with Steve today and show him a bit about running his lathe, he has it purring now.
Thanks Rick and family for hosting us.

Hey, did anyone find a plastic zip lock bag with a couple L-pads and some capacitors in it? Jack M. brought that back to me, handed me the bag, then I proceeded to lay it somewhere and now have no idea where it is. Rumor has it that it might have landed in/on a turntable that Larry Derouin took with him but ?? Anyway if anyone has this please let me know and I'll make arrangements to get it from you nest time I see you. Thanks.

That was a good time and I am surprised that despite a fair amount of standing my legs are not giving me a hard time today. I hope to see y'all again in the spring. Thanks Amy and Rick. For those who spoke of my Florence the attached are a photo of her reaction the day after i asked her to be my wife I have it as the desktop of my PC and the other was taken from her driver's license so she would have been 79. It had the MVA logo across it but Carl Yoshihara removed it for me. The certificate underneath honors her contributions during the height of he Cold War testing detonators for the bomb The third photo is her in Japan, short one third from left with her flight instructor, his wife, then Florence and she could not recall who the last chap is, . She soloed in that Cessna 150 after eight hours of instruction at Chofu airfield near Tokyo, Nov 22, 1964.

Attachments

• IMG_7001.JPG
    IMG_7001.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_7002.JPG
    IMG_7002.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Chofusolo1.jpg
    Chofusolo1.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Another great time at the Rick&AmyHaus. Food, football, and lots of good conversation.

Thanks guys!

Thanks to you and the family, Rick. Decent weather, wonderful beer and eats, great company and conversation. Another successful fall get together.

Back
Top Bottom