2019 Superbowl had lowest TV ratings in 10 years

Many of my friends didn’t even make the first half before turning it off ... wonder how that plays into ratings.

And yep, that game sucked ...

Was planning to catch it but circumstances intervened plus I thought: last year's game was an absolute knockout, maybe the best I can remember. What were the odds of this year's beating that? (PS: I don't watch the commercials.)

Aww crap! I meant the year before last. Completely forgot about last year's game. I guess that says something.

Was planning to catch it but circumstances intervened plus I thought: last year's game was an absolute knockout, maybe the best I can remember. What were the odds of this year's beating that? (PS: I don't watch the commercials.)

Aww crap! I meant the year before last. Completely forgot about last year's game. I guess that says something.

The game against ATL was awesome. Even the Lady Gaga show was very good.

$5.25 million per 30 second ad. If the ratings drop next year, I'll bet that starts going backwards.

The Saints no call ruined it for me... there were a few bad mistakes made by officials during the playoffs,, but that was the Officials Super Bowl, unless of course, it was rigged???? Seems there are three teams on the field anymore, and the winner has to out play/wit two of them to win...
Be nice to see the NFL get boycotted next year, and see how they react... No one buys tickets for one year,,, Maybe the advertisers would think about pulling out also...

During the playoffs? There were bad calls all year. Which is why I didn't watch - seems the NFL is either going scripted like WWE or else the officials are so incompetent that skill and drive mean nothing anymore anyway. It's one thing to lose to a superior opponent, but it's another thing entirely to lose because of a moron in a zebra suit.

I'm guessing the Rams being in the game didn't really cause a lot of interest. They don't really have a fan base to speak of and in California I would imagine soccer is more popular.

Even for the Pats fans, it was a boring game.

According to a friend of mine (in the sports marketing business), ratings for sports has been declining for many years. Probably replaced by internet-based entertainment.

Back
Top Bottom