2215b referb

TXjohnny

Johnny here, I have an old marantz 2215b that I found in a junk pile.It has been an excellent receiver for about 7 years, but I would like to try my hand at restoring it.Now I am no expert so any tips would be greatly appreciated.As always thanks guys.

Well that is an in depth answer. As for the unit,it is still running awesome.As far as I can tell the only problems are the lamps are out and the occasional crackled in the volume knob.it just looks kind of dirty.
I have no training in electronics repair but my buddy went to school for it,so if I do run into any trouble he can help out.
I'm thinking it should be more cosmetic work than anything thing.i just always like to talk to people who know more than me before I take on a task like this.

I was where you are about a year ago. No experience, but I did have some soldering skills since I was raised with a techie father. I have done complete rebuilds on 10-12 Marantz receivers since then. When getting started, I found this thread by Echowars to be a very good start on what equipment you need to work on audio equipment. You don't need the o-scope or signal generator to get started. However, as you dig deeper into the hobby and need to diagnose problems, they will eventually be needed.
Steve

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....udio-gear-eh-heres-the-tools-you-need.333423/

Back
Top Bottom