300 H. Not working

Discussion in 'Dollars and Sense' started by Greg Blythe, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Greg Blythe

Greg Blythe New Member

Any idea what this is and what it’s worth? Non working! Hasn’t been plugged in years.

Says it’s a concert grand 300h, but I can’t find any info on it.

Thanks

Attached Files:

Please register to disable this ad.

2. s-petersen

s-petersen Scott Subscriber

According to the rules, this should be posted in "dollars and sense"

3. Celt

Celt Peanut Head Staff Member Super Mod

Moooooooooooooved.

4. Todd MacDona

Todd MacDona AK Subscriber Subscriber

Magnavox used the name Concert Grand.

5. amglow

amglow New Member

Well that makes no sense at all. The image shows a 1948-1950 Magnavox Windsor Imperial. Yet, you say the tag indicates it's a "Concert Grand 300H". The model tag will not say the model "name", just the model number. Magnavox did make a model 300H Concert Grand in 1957-1958. Too many conflicting points in the initial post.

6. Greg Blythe

Greg Blythe New Member

Sorry for posting in the wrong forum. Thanks for fixing it. Windsor Imperial. How difficult to repair? Any thoughts on what it’s worth? I’m

Please register to disable this ad.

7. amglow

amglow New Member

Can you show more images? open the doors on the front and take a couple of detailed images and then some more detailed images of the electronics from the rear. I wouldn't plug it in and try to use it until it had a thorough going over electrically, lest you chance burning up the power transformer. The electrolytic capacitors and coupling capacitors need to be replaced at a minimum. However to perform properly, you'd want all capacitors checked for leakage/value and replaced as needed. Same with resistors; replace all out of tolerance resistors. They drift with use/age and will require replacement if out of tolerance. Also, have all tubes checked for shorts and performance. You may have some weak tubes. In other words, it should have a full electrical restoration/alignment before plugging it in. It's an outstanding performer, if done properly.

8. danrclem

danrclem AK Subscriber Subscriber

That's definitely a Windsor in the picture with the top. I don't know what the top is called but it may have a TV in behind the center doors. I think the majority of them came without the top. It is mono and has quite a bit of power for it's day. I can't tell you how much it's worth but it's definitely worth more than a couple hundred dollars and maybe quite a bit more.

http://www.myvintagetv.com/magnavox_windsor.htm

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  9. Greg Blythe

Greg Blythe New Member

Looks like it has the Stephen’s tweeter