64 Channel Dolby Atmos and 70 foot to 92 foot Screens & 4k Video at the THEATER

https://www.google.com/amp/indianex...ll-be-streamed-in-8k-resolution-2953584/lite/

this article is almost 2 years old.... What gets me is the fact that a third world nation like India can start broadcasting 4K images before the United States, Japan I halfway understand why they are advanced, but then again the United States used to be the world leader with all technology Period.
You got all these 4K televisions being sold everywhere in the United States and most broadcasters are still only broadcast in 720p, and for that matter 4K Blu-rays are just barely available after several years of 4K televisions now you finally have a couple of choices of 4K players.....

Just to add my experience with 4K. A few months ago I purchased an OLED 65inch LG television and about a month ago a Sony 4K bluray player. I've been using standard 1080P bluray discs and the OLED technology is the best I've seen... replaced a 50inch Pioneer Plasma... great picture quality, colors are vivid and black is absolutely black. Anyway, I finally bought a 4K bluray... Dunkirk, not a particularly good movie in my opinion but good 4K... and the difference between 1080P and 4K is stunning in anyway one wants to consider.. knowing that I'm viewing on an OLED, not LCD, for what ever difference that might ultimately make, with the latest sound and picture formats. I upgraded the HDMI cables to 18K.

Just to add my experience with 4K. A few months ago I purchased an OLED 65inch LG television and about a month ago a Sony 4K bluray player. I've been using standard 1080P bluray discs and the OLED technology is the best I've seen... replaced a 50inch Pioneer Plasma... great picture quality, colors are vivid and black is absolutely black. Anyway, I finally bought a 4K bluray... Dunkirk, not a particularly good movie in my opinion but good 4K... and the difference between 1080P and 4K is stunning in anyway one wants to consider.. knowing that I'm viewing on an OLED, not LCD, for what ever difference that might ultimately make, with the latest sound and picture formats. I upgraded the HDMI cables to 18K.
I would add that the Sony player offers bit stream rate from it's display button and for the picture it varies from around 30 mbps to upwards of 90 mbps.. obviously feeding a buffer.. along with frame rate and format information. Also shows audio rate... for the DTS Master audio seems like it was 2.4 mbps, nearly constant, and other audio related information. The Sony has two HDMI outputs, one includes full HDCP 2.2 compliance carrying both picture and sound, the other is for older audio equipment that might not have the latest HDCP compliance and outputs hi resolution audio only. I have a new Pioneer receiver so route the main HDCP 2.2 output to it and from there to the LG. It was a decision to go the full update route as I was concerned about sound quality of the receiver, thinking I could return it within 14 days if not satisfied... it is a 5.1 Pioneer I use in a 4.1 configuration with Altec 19's on the front and JBL L220s on the rear with a Velodyne subwoofer, using an outboard phono preamp for the turntable.. and, surprisingly, the pioneer sounds quite good. I'm sure it could be made to sound better with dedicated hi fi amps and such with separate surround decoder preamps but as is... the late 70s Marantz two channel stuff it replaced was better here and there... it isn't bad at all... so I'm done, for a while.

Back
Top Bottom