7/16 of an inch tonearm and cartridge?

Jason!978

I got a Philips 677 model turntable, and it will not accept the half inch headshell I had on my audio technical turntable. Which was 1/2 inch. It seems to be smaller maybe 7/16 of an inch. I can find no information about this anywhere on the internet where there is such a thing as a 7/16 tonearm and cartridge. Is there a special cartridge you must use for this turntable? The stylus that came with it was new it said, and it lasted less than 2 months and now it/s wore out and skipping and needs replaced. I want to get a 1/2 inch new headshell and cartridge, but I don't know if any 1/2 inch headshell will fit this or not. And I plan to get an Ortofon 2m red as it's a huge upgrade from the AT88E that is on there right now I think. I just do not know if anyone can recommend a headshell that will fit this straight tonearm, it uses a angled headshell not a straight one, so not many around to choose from, and not sure if any will fit it. Any help is appreciated.

its a proprietary headshell for the 677,777,877 etc . look on Ebay they show up from time to time.

Athanasios

I got a Philips 677 model turntable, and it will not accept the half inch headshell I had on my audio technical turntable. Which was 1/2 inch. It seems to be smaller maybe 7/16 of an inch. I can find no information about this anywhere on the internet where there is such a thing as a 7/16 tonearm and cartridge. Is there a special cartridge you must use for this turntable? The stylus that came with it was new it said, and it lasted less than 2 months and now it/s wore out and skipping and needs replaced. I want to get a 1/2 inch new headshell and cartridge, but I don't know if any 1/2 inch headshell will fit this or not. And I plan to get an Ortofon 2m red as it's a huge upgrade from the AT88E that is on there right now I think. I just do not know if anyone can recommend a headshell that will fit this straight tonearm, it uses a angled headshell not a straight one, so not many around to choose from, and not sure if any will fit it. Any help is appreciated.

New one are quite expensive, try for a pre owned. :)

Back
Top Bottom