`70s "VOX" sold by Olson electonics

fulton

anybody here of a unit called " VOX' (I think) made in sweden or europe somewhere. Sold at a place called Olson electronics (a electronice chain store) back in the `70s , it was a little powerhouse (heavy!),I bought one from there when I was about 18, would like to see another one!!?? maybe buy one for nostalgics sake

"VOX" as in the makers of instrument amplifiers, etc.? Vox at one time was an independant British manufacturer (Beatles, Raiders, Stones used them), then in the late 60's/early 70's they sold to Jennings Organ Co. here in the U.S. and are currently owned by Korg.

Last edited:
Olson was a neat place. They had some unusual surplus items. I went there in the mid 70s as a teenager. I got a great old 1950s payphone for like 40.00 back then, and I still have it.

the unit I bought from there was a reciever, really put out! I wish I could remember the model #, if anybody has any info on the recievers "cough it up!!??" Pleeeze

VintageNut said:
Olson was a neat place. They had some unusual surplus items.

Yep.. I remember the parts grab bags for 10 bucks.
They would take a bag the size of a large grocery sack
and just fill up. You never knew what you would get.

Any chance that was a Q-Vox receiver? That's a quadraphonic deal that was popular back in the 70s. An actual Vox stereo receiver would be pretty rare I suspect.

Hi @tom3

Not trying to be a jerk but this thread, started in 2005, is close to 13 years old and the OP has been seen on AK since 2016. I doubt he or she will replying

How in the world did I get that? Logged in and hit the SS forum. Whahapppenedd. Computers hate me. Sorry folks.

Back
Top Bottom