8 track repair tech needed

smokenguns22

Any 8 track repair techs in here?

I got a Wollensak player / recorder in need of repair and was wondering if anyone is willing and able.

I know “Barry’s 8 track” has a long waiting list and hoping someone here can help.

Smokey

I got a Wollensak 8060 I need gone through and make working again-like new as much as possible.

The motor seems to turn but not hearing any sound.

Really want to make sure the record function works properly as well

Smokey

Well, that's a bit far from Colorado. Some thoughts:

Have you removed the cabinet to see if the belt is present? What do you mean the motor "seems to turn"? If you hear the motor but there's no tape movement, chances are the belt's gone.

I've had lots of experience with the Wollys. I've restored and sold over a dozen, including most variations. If you wanted to ship it I'd work on it gratis, but I can see you might not want to do that. (Although Arizona's pretty much the same distance as Colorado). I can't guarantee I'd make your machine whole, but I'd be happy to give it a shot.

09F9127E-B797-4D7C-B57F-A8A9897AF049.jpeg I’m not against shipping it.
I’ve shipped most my vintage Marantz’s off to be professionally restored to Montana.

I’m offshore right now and will be back home in a few weeks—I’ll take a look and see. I’ll keep in touch.
Here is my rack

Back
Top Bottom